Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Donations to the museum - Protest Material

Comments

• Sounds like a bigger museum may be required.
  • Sounds like a bigger museum may be required.
    Perhaps we need a second branch in Sint-Truiden so that pilgrimages can be made. 

There's a brewery that me and @Addickted will be happy to visit to see if it's suitable.

Might need several visits.
  • I have what is left of the effigy used at the Unity march in St Truiden plus the banner in the photo attached that was used at the Coventry joint protest game to prove my mettle to @Davo55 in my effort to join CARD. He promptly pointed me in the direction of the Belgium 20, which led to ROT and (ahem!) some other activities  :D
    I'll try to patch up the effigy as it is falling apart. If you're open on Saturday, I'll bring both along.
    We will be open on Saturday, not sure yet if before or after @foresthillred but will confirm.  The effigy will be fantastic.
    I took the effigy out of his black bag in my wardrobe earlier. One of his ears, one of his cheeks and his chin have fallen off but I will patch him up as best I can before Saturday.
    Only seems fitting, for the repairs to be carried out with duct tape.
  • edited January 2020
    You can have the faded home made poster from the boot of my car if you like. Lol. Had it in there for 3-4 years. Time to remove anyway.

I did wear a Roland Rat mask to the Hull City 6-0. Stadium security took a dim view, saying it was policy that masks covering the face were not permitted. Still got worn of course. If I can find it your welcome. I actually went to that game in a laundry basket to pay homage to the 'leaving the ground in a laundry basket' story that had done the rounds over previous week's. Funny thing is the security staff were fine about me going into the ground in the laundry basket, just not the Roland mask. 

My black & white scarf was met with derision when I wore it to Wembley. Caused quite a stir when chatting to a bunch of drunk Sunderland fans in McDonald's on Wembley High Street before the game. Even more confusing for them was when I had it draped from my car all the way home back North.
  • Loads of stuff came in today and I'm told there's load more in maim reception.

Thanks everyone

• edited January 2020
    I have what is left of the effigy used at the Unity march in St Truiden plus the banner in the photo attached that was used at the Coventry joint protest game to prove my mettle to @Davo55 in my effort to join CARD. He promptly pointed me in the direction of the Belgium 20, which led to ROT and (ahem!) some other activities  :D
    I'll try to patch up the effigy as it is falling apart. If you're open on Saturday, I'll bring both along.
    We will be open on Saturday, not sure yet if before or after @foresthillred but will confirm.  The effigy will be fantastic.
    I took the effigy out of his black bag in my wardrobe earlier. One of his ears, one of his cheeks and his chin have fallen off but I will patch him up as best I can before Saturday.
    Only seems fitting, for the repairs to be carried out with duct tape.
    Too close to the truth there @guinnessaddick his head was already attached to the body with duct tape!
    Repairs still underway @Henry Irving
    Will drop it off at either the Fulham or Barnsley games
  • Thanks to @MuttleyCAFC we have a limited edition of just 100 large postcards for sale.

• Thanks to @MuttleyCAFC we have a limited edition of just 100 large postcards for sale.

How much are they- I would have 4.
  • And thanks to our mistake we still have a box of the red and white scarves we should have given away before the Sheffield Wednesday game but we missed the box.

They are free but please make a donation to the museum.

• Sponsored links:

• I’ll bring my donation to the museum along to the Barnsley game Henry, I’ll leave it intact but I assume the curators will be discreet about my address. 
    Can I collect a scarf on the day please?

Yes definitely, details please @Henry Irving
  • This came in yesterday 
  • Would also like one of Mutley's postcards, please - look very good. Can pay & collect before next home game if that works best. Same for a scarf if any left.
  • I won't be printing more of those ones so 100 is definitely a limited edition.
  • I won't be printing more of those ones so 100 is definitely a limited edition.
    How do we get them?
  • stonemuse said:
    I won't be printing more of those ones so 100 is definitely a limited edition.
    How do we get them?
    Waiting for our commercial director @charltonick to crunch the numbers
  • I'd like to put my name down for one of the postcards, please.
  • Pig which i shall drop off with the T-shirts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Loads of stuff came in today and I'm told there's load more in maim reception.

Thanks everyone

One of the few that I had to get translated 
    Think it says "We Want Roland Out"
  • cafcwill said:
    Loads of stuff came in today and I'm told there's load more in maim reception.

Thanks everyone

One of the few that I had to get translated 
    Think it says "We Want Roland Out"
    We thought it said Roland won't eat his veg

: -)
  • The article in the programme said that you haven't got either the plastic/rubber pig or the taxi. If you still need the pig then I have one. I'm sure that I also had a taxi but I can't seem to locate it at the moment.
    If of interest I also have a ROT certificate of membership; a ROT 2018 desk calendar; some badges; a CARD flash protest flyer; the April 2017 copy of VOTV covering the Unity march and a business card from the Belrom Hotel in Sint_Truiden. 
  • The article in the programme said that you haven't got either the plastic/rubber pig or the taxi. If you still need the pig then I have one. I'm sure that I also had a taxi but I can't seem to locate it at the moment.
    If of interest I also have a ROT certificate of membership; a ROT 2018 desk calendar; some badges; a CARD flash protest flyer; the April 2017 copy of VOTV covering the Unity march and a business card from the Belrom Hotel in Sint_Truiden. 
    @superclive

Yes, we'd be delighted to have all of those.

Wasn't the Belrom the hotel on the red light strip?
    @superclive

I must have been too busy to notice!!

I can bring the items to either the Fulham or Barnsley matches. 
    @superclive

I must have been too busy to notice!!

I can bring the items to either the Fulham or Barnsley matches. 
    thanks

@addickted booked the hotel. Typical

50p each , available in the museum. They will be available by post in the near future. Thanks MuttleyCAFC
    @superclive

I'm aiming to drop this stuff off tonight. I assume that it will need to be dropped off at the main reception? 

• Yes , please mark it for the museum
  • Yes , please mark it for the museum
    Will do.