Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds to face racism probe

Comments

• Options
    I’m afraid that I am going to have dissent a little bit from the general thrust of this thread. There seems to be a general assumption that Casillas is definitely guilty and should have been banned ASAP. It seems that the only two witnesses in this case are from the opposition. The response of the Liverpool players in the Suarez incident mentioned in the Yorkshire paper article suggests that some players ( and club and manager ) are only too willing to back up their teammates whether right or wrong.  Despite being a nasty cunt of the first order,Kevin Muscat, whose speciality was career ending fouls on  opposition players, found plenty of clubs willing to employ him and players willing to play with him.

I suspect that Casillas is probably guilty but I can’t be sure about that and neither can anybody else on this forum. No doubt he will claim that he said something in Spanish or in a Spanish accent which further clouds the issue. Some players, including even such Charlton stalwarts as Steve Brown, are prepared feign injury to try and get an unfair advantage and I certainly wouldn’t put it past some players to lie about hearing something to gain an advantage. 

• Options
    Isn't that exactly why it should have been dealt with far quicker, either to punish or clear Casila.

There is also, according to @sage and other sources, film evidence.
  • Options
    Isn't that exactly why it should have been dealt with far quicker, either to punish or clear Casila.

There is also, according to @sage and other sources, film evidence.
    Would agree that the quicker it can be adequately dealt with the better. If there is other relevant and independent evidence, then good.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Has this been sorted yet?
    They have apologised to Leeds for wasting their time and awarded them 25 points.
    That’s so unfair on Leeds, I would have thought they would be crowned European champions at the very least. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    seth plum said:
    They have apologised to Leeds for wasting their time and awarded them 25 points.
    That’s so unfair on Leeds, I would have thought they would be crowned European champions at the very least. 
    That’s coming - but only after Bielsa has been found guilty, and then let off immediately of hiding a webcam in the changing rooms at Derby’s women’s team. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    They have apologised to Leeds for wasting their time and awarded them 25 of Charlton's points.
    Fixed.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    They have apologised to Leeds for wasting their time and awarded them 25 of Charlton's points.
    Fixed.
    Sssh ... dont give them ideas. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What on earth is the delay caused by?
  • Options
    Probably trying to see if any footage/audio captured it?
  • Options
    No, all evidence from The FA was presented by the end of November. The delay, as far as I am aware, was Leeds and Casilla getting their own translator/interpreter in by the advice of their lawyers.

What the delay is now, no one knows other than The FA’s complete incompetence. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Erm, haven't they had five months already to do that??
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Erm, haven't they had five months already to do that??
    Yeah but... It's the FA.
  • Options
    You mean Sweet FA!
  • Options
    The ruling is in.

The Leeds squad and Casilla have been instructed to sit and watch back to back box sets of "Love Thy Neighbour", "Mind Your Language" and "Till Death Do Us Part"

• Options
    Now explain yourselves FA for taking so long to sort that bloody out!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    £60k though is probably no more than a week or two of wages!!

Pathetic amount to fine him

Not to mention its only over a quarter of what Leeds got fined for spygate

Hmm which is the more serious offence???
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    8 game ban and a £60k fine 
    Is that a joke or the real outcome, Rothko ? 
  • Options

Kiko Casilla has been suspended for eight matches with immediate effect, fined £60,000 and must attend face-to-face education after a breach of FA Rule E3(2) was found proven by an independent Regulatory Commission. 

The Leeds United Goalkeeper denied using abusive and/or insulting words, which were contrary to FA Rule E3(1) and constituted an “Aggravated Breach”, which is defined in FA Rule E3(2), as they made reference to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin, towards a Charlton Athletic player during an EFL Championship fixture on Saturday 28 September 2019.

The independent Regulatory Commission’s written reasons will be published on the week commencing Monday 2 March 2020.

• Options
    Think the 8 game ban is the crucial bit here - Fining a player on a huge salary won’t hurt anyone ( unless they are on our salaries ) 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    WOW!

It's gonna be fun going to Elland Road in May ! 
  • Options
    Illan Meslier has only played in the cup game v Arsenal, now its down to him to keep their promotion alive
  • Options
    Well, that's going to make the game at Elland Road at the end of the season tasty, isn't it?
  • Options
    Just gonna put this out there... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37876911

Calvin Andrew got a bigger suspension for elbowing a player