Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds to face racism probe

Comments

• Casilla started again today for Leeds, are the EFL just hoping this goes away?
    I think he has requested a personal hearing which adds more time to the process.
    Sounds like the Leeds lawyers are earning their money, delaying this for as long as possible. 

• Leeds are dragging it out until January arent they!!...
    They know Casilla is going to be suspended for a good number of games so get to the Transfer Window with him available and then they'll sign another Goalkeeper
    They know Casilla is going to be suspended for a good number of games so get to the Transfer Window with him available and then they'll sign another Goalkeeper
    They really are going to stretch this out until January, aren't they?
    They really are going to stretch this out until January, aren't they?
    It's not even funny anymore. It's a joke. Isn't the lady at the head of EFL a Leeds fan?? And how long did Hened's transfer take??
  • edited December 2019
    Just hope they dont take this long with the takeover!!

Wont be surprised in the slightest if they clear the owners to takeover on 1st Feb
  • Leeds journo Phil Hay said the other day:

“He has been the subject of an FA investigation for 10 weeks now and facing formal proceedings for five but the organisation looks unlikely to reach a verdict this side of New Year,” 

“As yet, no date for a hearing has been set.”

• At this rate they'll reach a verdict in mid-April when Leeds are already promoted.
  • At this rate they'll reach a verdict in mid-April when Leeds are already promoted.
    no Leeds don't do promotion, not quite
    no Leeds don't do promotion, not quite
    We want to hope they do, or Bielsa will be off and Bowyer will go there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah we’re so offensive 
    as if they give a monkeys about little old Charlton 
    it is what it is 
    no way is there an agenda 
    they may be running scared from the mighty Leeds but that’s nothing to do with us 
  • hopefully they delay enough so that when he is banned he wont play against us!
    Then ban him for 3 months. 
    May June July 
  •  I read that their argument is based around there is only one witness to what was said and that is not enough to be able to make an informed decision.
    The opinion of the writer was that they will not be successful and he will receive a ban of six games.
  • I do wonder what the hell goes on at the EFL day to day. I imagine they come in and go over every single thing they've got to get through; Charlton takeover, Leeds takeover, Macclesfield takeover, Leeds racism probe, Sheff Weds fraud charge and decide to do absolutely none of it, go for lunch and don't come back that day. Every day.
    That’s not fair. They only work 5 days a week. That’s one thing per day to sort and 5 days isn’t long enough. Plus Doris the receptionist is off with piles so they are understaffed. 
  • They are extremely quick to deal with the really important issues though. Like fining Huddersfield 50k for wearing that Paddy Power kit in a friendly.
    And clubs buying their players food

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43669872

• The FA deal with things and find someone guilty in the reason of probability. They don’t need to prove anything, just if they believe there is a reasonable chance he said something racist, he will be charged.

I don’t understand the whole debacle people are having though. The FA gave him an extension until 27th November due to his lawyers saying they haven’t had the time to prepare the defence. They got in their own lip reader and interpreter which will have obviously said that Casilla said XYZ instead of what the allegation is. That defence has been handed back to The FA. It’s now in their hands so either they believe they have more work to do to be able to find it within reason of probability and find him guilty, or they’re taking their time for another reason.

There is no conspiracy theory and no one is running scared. I think The FA have probably made a mistake somewhere in the case and have reviewed the work done. That’s taking more time, whilst in the meantime, nothing is being said one way or the other.

Unfortunately, with the length of time this has taken, and how The FA usually work things, I can see them not doing anything for a little while more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    The FA deal with things and find someone guilty in the reason of probability. They don’t need to prove anything, just if they believe there is a reasonable chance he said something racist, he will be charged.

I don’t understand the whole debacle people are having though. The FA gave him an extension until 27th November due to his lawyers saying they haven’t had the time to prepare the defence. They got in their own lip reader and interpreter which will have obviously said that Casilla said XYZ instead of what the allegation is. That defence has been handed back to The FA. It’s now in their hands so either they believe they have more work to do to be able to find it within reason of probability and find him guilty, or they’re taking their time for another reason.

There is no conspiracy theory and no one is running scared. I think The FA have probably made a mistake somewhere in the case and have reviewed the work done. That’s taking more time, whilst in the meantime, nothing is being said one way or the other.

Unfortunately, with the length of time this has taken, and how The FA usually work things, I can see them not doing anything for a little while more.
    Delays make it seem that they are dragging their feet and not taking the issue seriously.
    I understand that they don’t want to go off half cocked and make sure that everything has been done correctly and fairly as something like a successful appeal on a technical issue would be a disaster.
  • Sage said:
    The FA deal with things and find someone guilty in the reason of probability. They don’t need to prove anything, just if they believe there is a reasonable chance he said something racist, he will be charged.

Its a joke sage.
    If I'm down the valley tomorrow night and an allegation of racism is made against me I've got a good guess the old bill would be knocking on my door Saturday morning and within a few weeks it's sorted.
    KROWISU
    Kick racism out when it suits us.

• edited December 2019
    after the game between man city and man u last weekend one bloke was seen on camera doing what could be classed as monkey gestures towards a black player when taking a corner. the fan denies this. (said player didn't see or hear anything). yet he has already been arrested by police, he has been suspended from his job and been plastered all over front and back pages of national newspapers. 

the evidence admittedly is better in this case due to him being filmed at the time but the swift response from police, his employer and the football society as a whole is in contrast to what has happened with this case. 
  • clb74 said:
    Sage said:

Its a joke sage.
    If I'm down the valley tomorrow night and an allegation of racism is made against me I've got a good guess the old bill would be knocking on my door Saturday morning and within a few weeks it's sorted.
    KROWISU

I’m not disagreeing with you. It is a joke. I’m just saying the way The FA deal with it is not in a case of criminal law, but only via reasonable probability. They do things they see fit to do even when it’s wrong. I’m just saying what’s happened and that I don’t expect anything to be done for a little while yet more. 
  • The games governing bodies yet again showing they are not fit for purpose.
  • Sage said:
    clb74 said:
    Sage said:

Its a joke sage.
    KROWISU

I’m not disagreeing with you. It is a joke. I’m just saying the way The FA deal with it is not in a case of criminal law, but only via reasonable probability. They do things they see fit to do even when it’s wrong. I’m just saying what’s happened and that I don’t expect anything to be done for a little while yet more. 
    It's not just the FA though Sage I emailed the club about this yesterday and will let you know when I get a reply.
    Again if I'd emailed the club yesterday about alleged racism at the Huddersfield I m pretty sure the club would of got back to me yesterday
  • Personal hearing.
    I read today a Chelsea supporter was marched off by stewards Sunday for alleged racism.
    The Leeds keeper should of been marched off by stewards for alleged racism.
    Kick it out when it suits us
  • To add 
    I will allegedly use the n word boxing day and at a guess it will be sorted in less than 3 months
  • any news on the wanker actually getting done for this?