Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds to face racism probe

Comments

• Now now Dave, no need to rush to judgement, it's only been 3 months... :-)
  • aliwibble said:
    Now now Dave, no need to rush to judgement, it's only been 3 months... :-)
    it's ridiculous really, are they just hoping it goes away?
  • Interesting that the FA have charged Tom Pope (Port Vale) for tweeting anti semitic comments after the Man City game on Saturday

Wonder which case will be dealt with first; Pope or Casilla!!.
  • That is an appalling misuse of funds when we have seen 1 member club, Bury go bust recently.
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gushed-things-you-might-missed-17500090

The West Brom fans booed Casilla over this in their match against Leeds (as Leko was the other player), the EFL can't ignore it forever.
    But they'll give it a bloody good go.
  • clb74 said:
    Dave it's been nearly a month since I emailed the club , no response as yet.
    And over 2 weeks since I emailed the pfa , no response .
    Kick racism out when it suits
    so another two weeks later have you had any response, from anyone, yet mate?
  • The FA and EFL have brushed it under the carpet. Unless someone starts making a lot of noise about this, it isn’t going to get dealt with.

Seems as though to me, they’ve decided that they don’t have enough evidence to charge him so have left it and hoped it will be forgotten about. 
  • Sage said:
    The FA and EFL have brushed it under the carpet. Unless someone starts making a lot of noise about this, it isn’t going to get dealt with.

Seems as though to me, they’ve decided that they don’t have enough evidence to charge him so have left it and hoped it will be forgotten about. 
    The Mark Sampson racism case from November has just been thrown out, maybe Casilla is next?
  • Sage said:
    The FA and EFL have brushed it under the carpet. Unless someone starts making a lot of noise about this, it isn’t going to get dealt with.

they did charge him then he requested a personal hearing and it looks like they cant be bothered with that so have decided to ignore it.

absolute joke
  • Sage said:

From what I was told (by a leeds fan) would suggest itd be very hard to make any claim stick, apparently, according to an obviously biased Leeds fan he said "mark the black guy" in spanish, black is negro, so very easily taken the wrong way.

I have no idea if it's true, but if it is I can have some sympathy as one of the most common words in Chinese is 'nage' which has a very similar pronunciation, it really weirded me out when I first moved here.
  • Sage said:

From what I was told (by a leeds fan) would suggest itd be very hard to make any claim stick, apparently, according to an obviously biased Leeds fan he said "mark the black guy" in spanish, black is negro, so very easily taken the wrong way.

I have no idea if it's true, but if it is I can have some sympathy as one of the most common words in Chinese is 'nage' which has a very similar pronunciation, it really weirded me out when I first moved here.
    do the leeds team all speak to each other in Spanish?
  • Sage said:

At this rate they'll reach a verdict in mid-April when Leeds are already promoted.
    no Leeds don't do promotion, not quite
    We want to hope they do, or Bielsa will be off and Bowyer will go there

Nothing like that @Stu_of_Kunming

Seen a few Leeds and other fans claiming this but that's nothing like what was related to me. And no, I'm not going to repeat it.
  • Is 'push up' in Spanish 'bastardo'?
  • Sage said:

I imagine the spanish speakers do, yeah.

However HI suggests this isn't what happened and I know I trust more in this situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

However HI suggests this isn't what happened and I know I trust more in this situation.
    Thanks Stu, 
  • Sage said:

Thanks Stu, 
    bit presumptuous there Henry....
  • clb74 said:
    Dave it's been nearly a month since I emailed the club , no response as yet.
    And over 2 weeks since I emailed the pfa , no response .
    Kick racism out when it suits
    so another two weeks later have you had any response, from anyone, yet mate?
    Hello dave nothing
    Tried ringing yesterday for 5 minutes no answer..
    I think I've got it sussed .
    Do you think I'd get a reply by email or phone if I email tonight about 10.30pm saying I might of heard some racist language at the game tonight?
  • How is Casilla STILL playing in goal for Leeds with no resolution to his racism charge?! We played them 4 months ago!!
  • Question was asked at Bromley Addicks on Thursday.

As far as they’re all aware, nothing has been done and nothing said to Leko or Bonne.

Said before and will say it again, they’re hoping it will be brushed under the carpet because no one is making any noise about it.
  • Maybe give our mate Jim on talk sport a ring.
  • After some of his recent performances a ban would work to their advantage. 
  • Sage said:
    Question was asked at Bromley Addicks on Thursday.

As far as they’re all aware, nothing has been done and nothing said to Leko or Bonne.

Said before and will say it again, they’re hoping it will be brushed under the carpet because no one is making any noise about it.
    Kick racism out when it suits us.
    What has my club done to bring this to a conclusion? 
  • The club should submit a formal request with the FA to find out when his hearing will be.