Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds to face racism probe

The FA have launched an investigation into allegations of racial abuse during Charlton's win over Leeds United last weekend.

Referee John Brooks was told about the incident, which the Sun have reported involved Leeds's Spanish goalkeeper Kiko Casilla and Jonathan Leko, who is on loan from West Brom

Brooks included the claims in his report and the FA will now look into the allegations.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7524803/Football-news-FA-launch-probe-alleged-racial-abuse-involving-Jonathan-Leko-Leeds-Casilla.html

Comments

• that would explain the moment in the game when the ref and 4th official delayed a restart from a Leeds goal kick to go and have words with the Leeds manager and coaching staff at the dugout.
  • Leeds scum
  • edited October 2019
    FIFA Fairplay Award winning, dirty Leeds scum.
  • Question is why didn't he go to the player concerned?  Also they have black players in their squad? 
  • Charlton Athletic can confirm that an allegation of racial abuse directed at Jonathan Leko by an opposing player during Saturday’s game against Leeds United was reported to referee John Brooks.

The Football Association are carrying out an investigation following the report. 

The club will support Leko throughout the process and will not be making any further comment until the investigation is concluded.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d934875d74ae/club-statement

• I think this may have happened during a corner for us near the covered end. Something was said between leko and casilla and Leko became quite animated with lots of facal expressions and laughing at Casilla. Was wondering what happened there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Leko got very animated with the Leeds no 5 and stamped on his foot for which he (Leko) would have been sent off had the referee seen it. Close to the Charlton dug our about five yards on the pitch. May have had something to do with the reported incident. Leko was clearly furious. 
  • I think this is also when the referee went over to the Leeds bench and had a word with them.
    Leko and Bonne both trying to get the ref's attention and speak just before. Must admit, I did wonder at the time what had been said to Leko to so annoy him.
  • Leko got very animated with the Leeds no 5 and stamped on his foot for which he (Leko) would have been sent off had the referee seen it. Close to the Charlton dug our about five yards on the pitch. May have had something to do with the reported incident. Leko was clearly furious.  
    I thought that it was Aneke who was involved with their number 5 over possession at a throw in .. of course, that could have been another incident. There was a lot going on, including running skirmishes between Gallagher and their sub Forshaw who looked to have been brought on to 'unsettle' Gallagher and the Addicks midfield .. it didn't work and nothing racial involved there of course
  • FA will do f all.  They haven't got the marbles.

Wouldn't be too sure mate. IF it's proven he will get a lengthy ban - and quite rightly so.
  • Who ever that was should have a minimum 12 month ban from all football related activity.
  • addick05 said:

FA will do f all.  They haven't got the marbles.

Wouldn't be too sure mate. IF it's proven he will get a lengthy ban - and quite rightly so.
    Exactly. Innocent until proven guilty. All we can do is hope that the truth is what comes out of this, and that we all continue to fight racism in society.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Would rather not jump to conclusions on this until such time as the investigation reveals its findings. 
    Correct -  just let it go, will be alright.
  • Apparently it was their keeper
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:
    Apparently it was their keeper
    robroy said:

could it be that some Iberians have a problem with British notions of what is acceptable language in matters 'racial' ? 
  • robroy said:
    robroy said:

could it be that some Iberians have a problem with British notions of what is acceptable language in matters 'racial' ? 
    No. Just the opposite I would have thought as you have to learn the vocabulary and whilst doing that you will be taught context. If he was using normal language for him, his team mates would have explained why it was unacceptable or punched him in the face.
    Not withstanding, a lengthy ban will give him the perfect opportunity to go and learn.
  • As the ref didn't hear anything, it will be difficult to get a case against him. 
  • The fact that it was immediately brought to the ref’s attention should bear some weight.
  • I thought I had seen the keeper say something but dismissed it. Turns out I might not have been wrong. It was F****** N word. 
  • Reaction of Leeds fan to this on social media is absolutely pathetic. All got their tin foil hats on - it's all a conspiracy...

"Saturday : shall we release this story? Nah
    Sunday : Shall we release this story? Nah
    Monday: Shall we release this story? Nah
    Tuesday: Leeds playing tonight? 🤔"

"Doubt that's true"

"10 times the amount of coverage than the derby incident because it’s Leeds"

"Nothing in it.fake story to deflect from derby drink culture created by fat frank lampard.keogh finished because of it."
  • It's Charlton. The FA won't give a fig.  Leeds will argue "there were no independent witnesses".  
  • edited October 2019
    Do they only hire lip readers when it's a Premier League player? 
  • Do they only hire lip readers when it's a Premier League player? 
    Time it gets down to the Sunday league, the subs gotta do it