Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2019

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to Ireland today, fully deserve their win.

from a Scottish point of view, some of our passing and decision making has been awful 
  • Options
    Good solid performance from Ireland 🇮🇪, a few injuries, hopefully not too bad.
  • Options
    Get in. Solid.
  • Options
    18-3 England 
  • Options
    Been patient and done well. Good ref. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Been patient and done well. Good ref. 
    The ref has been excellent today.

England should be able to turn the screw in the 2nd half and get another 3 tries on the board.
  • Options
    Would expect Tonga intensity to fade in the same way that Fiji did in second half v Oz.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Rugby is a 40 minute half.
    The First half took 54 minutes in England v Tonga, because there were potential tries to be checked and  potential foul foul. 
    The referee appeared to make the correct decision with the help of the officials behind the scenes. Having stoppages in Rugby isn't the problem it is in football.

Manu Tuilagi fit after so many Injuries is massive for England after he missed the last world Cup.

This England Squad has more flair than the England team that won the World cup.
    More erratic but good on the eye when they get it right. 
  • Options
    England handling has been poor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very much so - it is so frustrating. 
  • Options
    agree 2nd half but not 1st when we did some great passing.
  • Options
    Im no rugby expert but that looked like we were in 2nd gear the whole game. 
  • Options
    Not as fluent as we can be, but will help Jones see where the improvements are required 
  • Options
    Seems funny to say it after a 35-3 win but very low key.  Handling very poor.  Onwards to spank the Yanks!
  • Options
    Get in. Solid.
  • Options
    Bonus point win, no injuries. Can't ask for a better start.
  • Options
    I now get sponsered ads for England rugby even tho ive never been to a rugby match in my life. Scarey that posting a random thought on a random thread can alter my ads
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Bonus point win, no injuries. Can't ask for a better start.
    Yep, got through a potential banana skin, no apparent injuries against a very physical team, and got a bonus point too. We looked a bit rusty and will only get better. In virtually every major tourno, rugby or football, the side that eventually wins always takes time to get into the touno.
  • Options
    What is it with England having players from NZ,Samoa etc? We copying Jack Charltons Ireland football team?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    What is it with England having players from NZ,Samoa etc? We copying Jack Charltons Ireland football team?
    Manu and the Vunipola's came over as young kids and then up though the rugby system here rather than Grandmothers being found etc.

Think I'm right that the Vunipola's Dad first arrived with a professional rugby contract and they stayed etc. 
  • Options
    How did that Aussie not get sent off for that 'tackle'?
  • Options
    Billy's school photos never fail to raise a smile when in the papers:

• Options
    Manu and the Vunipola's came over as young kids and then up though the rugby system here rather than Grandmothers being found etc.

Think I'm right that the Vunipola's Dad first arrived with a professional rugby contract and they stayed etc. 
    That's my understanding too.
  • Options

Cheers. Was wondering if we were that bad we resorted to pinching players again
  • Options
    Everyone seems to do it now, Players are eligible through residency as well as parents and grandparents.
  • Options

Arrived in Wales, they are more eligible, morally and legally to play for several countries before England. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Arrived in Wales, they are more eligible, morally and legally to play for several countries before England. 
    Legally? 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Legally? 
    I would say its a very loose interpretation to say they are "English" at all.  Not that it matters. 

One was born in Oz, one in NZ, to 2 Tongan parents, they grew up in Wales.  They are only eligible to play for England through residential grounds.  
  • Options

You used to be able to play for Ireland if you owned an Irish Setter.