Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Serie A

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Juve awarded a 3-0 for the Napoli game and Napoli deducted a point for not following covid-19 protocol. 

Napoli of course expected to appeal the decision. 

• Options
    Younger brother of Napoli player Lorenzo Insigne, Roberto Insigne has just put Benevento 1-0 ahead against Napoli, with his first Serie A goal
  • Options
    Is it finally time for a changing of the guard in Italy?

Still a long way to go, but Milan (10 points) and Inter (9) are both well clear of Juventus.
  • Options
    Is it finally time for a changing of the guard in Italy?

Still a long way to go, but Milan (10 points) and Inter (9) are both well clear of Juventus.
    Big night for Juventus.

Inter lost earlier and then tonight Juve went away to Milan and ended their unbeaten start to the season. A must win game for them really as defeat would've left them 13 points behind. Now the gap is 7 and Juve have a game in hand.
  • Options
    Big chance wasted by Inter tonight. 
  • Options
    Milan v Juve was a really good game.

Thought Chiesa might struggle not being the main man anymore, but he was superb. Unlucky not to have a hatrick. Finishing sometimes let's him down but not tonight. 

Milan look less threatening without Zlatan and the squad depth can't touch Juve's.

When Juve bring on Kulusevski and Milan bring on Maldini for extra energy, you know where the game is heading.

Roma are looking decent and looking forward to watching them play Inter on Sunday. 

Gutted Papu Gomez is set to leave Atalanta but they are in very good form since he was out of favour with Gasperini after the Midtjylland game. Ilicic is looking like he is back now aswell. 
  • Options
    Fancy Roma to beat Inter at the weekend. 
    Was a good game tonight, Juve will probably be top in a few weeks.
    Maybe I'm being nostalgic but I wouldn't mind Milan winning the league this season. 
  • Options
    Where is Papu off to? I've heard Juve but they already have a diminutive Argentine attacker in Dybala, and at 32 he's hardly one for the future. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    sam3110 said:
    Where is Papu off to? I've heard Juve but they already have a diminutive Argentine attacker in Dybala, and at 32 he's hardly one for the future. 
    Not entirely sure yet. I think the player himself wants to join AC Milan or Inter, but i think Atalanta would prefer to sell him abroad than to a rival Italian club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is not inevitable that Gomez will be sold. What happened however and how it happened has made his return to the squad almost impossible. The Atalanta fans on the whole are clearly siding with Gasperini. But and it is a big put Percassi (owner) and Gomez are close and his sale will hurt Percassi personally. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Shocking result for Roma against Lazio in the derby. Lost 3-0. Ibanez for Roma is a donkey.
  • Options
    Atalanta win 3-0 away at Milan to blow the title race wide open.

Juventus down in 6th are 10 points behind leaders Milan with 2 games in hand. 
  • Options
    I can’t believe Napoli are up there with games in hand. Feel like they’ve been shit this season.
  • Options
    I can’t believe Napoli are up there with games in hand. Feel like they’ve been shit this season.
    Same for Roma, feel like they've been poor this season. Dumped out of the Europa, thrashed by Atalanta and Napoli, awful against Lazio as you mentioned last week, then the Italian cup 6 sub debacle in midweek, piss poor defensive record..........and yet they're sitting 3rd.
  • Options
    Same for Roma, feel like they've been poor this season. Dumped out of the Europa, thrashed by Atalanta and Napoli, awful against Lazio as you mentioned last week, then the Italian cup 6 sub debacle in midweek, piss poor defensive record..........and yet they're sitting 3rd.
    Yeah as someone that follows Roma they’ve been piss poor.
  • Options
    Serie A really is a joke at times.

Lazio's Serie A match at home to Torino ended in farce when the visitors failed to show up at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome because health officials requested the squad be quarantined.

With eight players testing positive for Covid-19, local health officials in Turin told the club not to travel.

The league wanted the game on, despite Torino's match at Sassuolo having been suspended five days earlier.

Lazio turned up and named a squad, but their rivals remained 430 miles north. It was not until 45 minutes after the scheduled kick-off that the game was abandoned.

So the league know Torino haven't travelled and aren't there but still don't call the game off. Even when Lazio put in their team sheet and come kick off time they still don't call it off, and even then they wait another 45 minutes. Pathetic.

• Options
    Worse still that almost the exact same thing happened in the first few weeks of the season with Napoli v Juventus. That led to a point deduction and the game being awarded to Juventus before it went through multiple court stages/cases and the decisions reversed.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Juve lose at home to Benevento which pretty much ends their title hopes.

Now they need to look over their shoulder after Napoli got a great win away at Roma. The gap to 5th is just 2 points.
  • Options
    Napoli 1 up against Inter. Watching it on stream with Italian commentators. good god they get excited. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Inter confirmed as Champions for the first time since 2010.

The race for the champions league spots is incredibly tight though.

Atalanta P34 Pts 69
    Juventus P34 Pts 69
    AC Milan P34 Pts 69
    -----------------
    Napoli   P34 Pts 67
    Lazio    P33 Pts 64

Every side could finish 2nd or 6th.

Juventus still have to play Milan and Inter.
  • Options
    Milan comfortably beat Juventus.

Ronaldo and co could well be playing Thursday nights in the Europa next season.
  • Options
    Lovely stuff, hope it absolutely cripples them.

Atalanta could be favourites next year 
  • Options
    Can’t stand Juve, FORZA INTER!!!
  • Options
    Some Italian football a nice distraction from our shambles, if Inter have got to the point they don't need to sell anyone else the team is actually looking pretty decent again for a potential challenge to retain. Calhanoglu and Dzeko absolutely ridiculous signings for a team in the financial trouble they are, but Dzeko should still score and could be a decent partership with Lautaro.

Always been about as close to a 2nd team as I have so hope so, and even if it isn't them, hope it's just not back to Juve dominance.
  • Options
    Been looking forward to it for so long, bit of a shame its gone back to BT Sport but James Richardson and James Horncastle are a great combo.

Just the 12 manager changes this summer.... Fireworks likely on the sidelines as much as in the stands with fans back.

Inter forced to sell and recruit on the cheap still look good (2 up already), Juve and Allegri is usually a winning combo, Pioli with more squad depth at Milan, Spaletti at Napoli should make them great to watch, Mou is always entertaining in Italy but Roma have a bit of a new look, Gasperini I hope can push the top two and get Atalanta in the running if they keep Zapata.