Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Serie A

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Same old story for Fiorentina, could see that coming as soon as they went 3-2 up. Never change. Forza Viola I guess. 
  • Options
    Dunno if there’s a new season thread but Atalanta winning 4-1 away at Lazio after winning 4-2 away at Torino. Wow.
  • Options
    Yeah no hold up for them, Papu with a couple aswell, so good he turned down any other interest in him. Kept basically all their players bar Castagne aswell, great window for them. 

Good to see Spezia get a win aswell. 
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:
    Yeah no hold up for them, Papu with a couple aswell, so good he turned down any other interest in him. Kept basically all their players bar Castagne aswell, great window for them. 

What happened with Illicic? I see he's still not playing for them, is he going to return or has he quit?
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:
    What happened with Illicic? I see he's still not playing for them, is he going to return or has he quit?
    He’s back with the team but obviously after a while out it’s taking him some time to regain fitness.
    He started back training with the rest of the squad this week.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:
    He’s back with the team but obviously after a while out it’s taking him some time to regain fitness.
    He started back training with the rest of the squad this week.
    That's great news for Atalanta. If they can keep their main players fit they've got a good chance of running Juve close for the title.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Poor guy, contemplated retirement it sounded like after (rumour has it) he caught his wife cheating. He needed time away but Atalanta were superb in their support for him it sounds like. 

A fit and ready Illicic would have troubled PSG, no doubt. But there are larger things in life than football.

Hope when he comes back he is feeling in a better frame of mind and happy, that will be like a new signing. 
  • Options
    what a farce

Napoli have been banned from travelling to their game tomorrow by the authorities, but Juventus are still going to take to the pitch(probably in the hope that in doing so it means Napoli forfeit and they get the 3 points)

• Options
    Yeah all a bit chaotic, Zielinski tested positive for Napoli yesterday and Elmas today.

Commentators during the Udinese v Roma game were saying that 20 members of Genoa have tested positive from players to staff. Napoli played them last week in a 6-0 win, but wonder if that could have played a part.

Napoli would have been well up for this though. Looked ruthless v Genoa (even though Gatusso wasn't too happy still) and second half v Parma looked excellent. 
  • Options
    Scummy behaviour. Not really a surprise from that club though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another blistering performance from Atalanta. Currently 4-1 up at half time v Cagliari.

12 goals in 2.5 games.
  • Options
    what a farce

Napoli have been banned from travelling to their game tomorrow by the authorities, but Juventus are still going to take to the pitch(probably in the hope that in doing so it means Napoli forfeit and they get the 3 points)

Napoli have 2 players who've tested positive so why couldn't the rest of the squad travel and play?

Sets a dangerous precedent if a club can simply refuse to travel and get a game postponed. I'm certainly no fan of Juve and would love them to lose but i think i probably agree with them in this case.
  • Options
    what a farce

Napoli have 2 players who've tested positive so why couldn't the rest of the squad travel and play?

Sets a dangerous precedent if a club can simply refuse to travel and get a game postponed. I'm certainly no fan of Juve and would love them to lose but i think i probably agree with them in this case.
    Because Napoli are being blocked from travelling by the health authority. Don't be a Juve sympathiser. 
  • Options
    Surely the government have authority over the league? Italian FA have to call the game off.
  • Options
    You'd have thought so but nothing would surprise me if it gives an advantage to those stripey pricks.
  • Options
    ANSA news agency were suggesting that Napoli were never actually stopped from travelling by any local authorities and it was a club decision.
    Napoli have been in discussions with the league to request a postponement but the league currently have the game listed for today.
    There was an emergency meeting scheduled by the Italian FA for midday to discuss the situation.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    colthe3rd said:
    what a farce

Because Napoli are being blocked from travelling by the health authority. Don't be a Juve sympathiser. 
    Ha ha Juve sympathiser! I literally said i'd love them to lose.

There are differing reports out there. Some reports that they simply chose not to travel.

I'm saying it sets a dangerous precedent if a side can simply choose if they will or won't travel and get a game called off. They have 2 players positive, why couldn't the rest of their 20+ squad members travel and play?

Did Klopp refuse to travel to Villa Park tonight because Thiago and Mane have covid?
  • Options
    Following the emergency meeting, Serie A confirm the game is to go ahead tonight. 

Looks set for a forfeit defeat for Napoli
  • Options
    Following the emergency meeting, Serie A confirm the game is to go ahead tonight. 

Looks set for a forfeit defeat for Napoli
    Absolutely shocked at this development.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    what a farce

Ha ha Juve sympathiser! I literally said i'd love them to lose.

There are differing reports out there. Some reports that they simply chose not to travel.

I'm saying it sets a dangerous precedent if a side can simply choose if they will or won't travel and get a game called off. They have 2 players positive, why couldn't the rest of their 20+ squad members travel and play?

Did Klopp refuse to travel to Villa Park tonight because Thiago and Mane have covid?
    Napoli were literally sitting on the plane hoping to travel. Not sure what more they could have done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Local health authorities have now confirmed they DID ask Napoli not to travel.
    this could get messy
  • Options
    Juventus take the team bus to the stadium, post the starting 11 on twitter and warm up ahead of a game they know won’t happen, seeing as Napoli aren’t in Turin.
    Napoli say they have followed the local authorities guidance.
    Serie A say the league follow UEFA rules which state as long as you have 13 players including a gk available then the game goes ahead.

Both teams believe what they are doing is correct.

Bizarre turn of events.
  • Options
    Italian FA are a fucking joke, always have been.

Corrupt bastards.
  • Options
    How can Juve believe what they are doing is correct? I really hope they can't travel to a game this season and get the same happen to them. Absolutely disgusting. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    How can Juve believe what they are doing is correct? I really hope they can't travel to a game this season and get the same happen to them. Absolutely disgusting. 
    The league have said the game is on. 

I don’t believe many people actually agree with it but that’s what the league have said. Juventus are basically covering themselves.
    Of course it’s not going to end here. This will run and run and I’d imagine go all the way to the courts.
    But it’s going to be the league vs Napoli.
    Going forward, this could really set a precedent one way or the other.
  • Options
    Napoli would have potentially faced criminal charges if they had ignored restrictions and travelled to Turin.

What on earth do the league think is the right outcome here? Did they really expect Napoli to just travel regardless? I get that they are following UEFA directive but is postponing the game really that hard?

Juventus could have made this so simple if they had supported Napoli and agreed to rearrange.
  • Options
    Exactly. Juve should have shown both common sense and sportsmanship and told the league no, this should be rearranged. 

Such a simply outcome and I’m sure the rest of the league would of supported it. Italy have suffered greatly with Covid, they would of been under enormous public pressure to rearrange.
  • Options
    Napoli would have potentially faced criminal charges if they had ignored restrictions and travelled to Turin.

What on earth do the league think is the right outcome here? Did they really expect Napoli to just travel regardless? I get that they are following UEFA directive but is postponing the game really that hard?

Juventus could have made this so simple if they had supported Napoli and agreed to rearrange.
    Exactly my point about how can they think they were doing the right thing. They could have come out publicly and said the game should be postponed. Instead they kept quiet because they think they'll be handed the win all the while acting like shit houses on social media posting about it being gameday and showing the bus turning up to the ground. 
  • Options
    Yeah. Re my earlier post about both clubs believe they are doing the right thing. Obviously for Juventus I meant in terms of following the rules/league guidelines rather than the right thing morally. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    They saw this whole situation as a chance to nick an easy 3 points against a team that are looking like they could genuinely threaten them for the title this year. 

And considering how bad Italy has been hit by Covid that is despicable.