Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Opposing fans all seem to dislike LB.

When you go on the fans forum of opposing teams they all seem to have it in for LB and refer to us as a dirty team skilled in the 'dark arts'.

Am I missing something or are they just p***ed off because they expect to beat us 

Comments

• I guess its because they only remember Bowyer from his fight with Kieron Dyer

Annoyed me the other week with the interview with Bianca Westwood when the interview started with talking about his bad boy days

Just seems a tag that he's never truly going to be able to shift
    Doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves....
  • When you go on the fans forum of opposing teams they all seem to have it in for LB and refer to us as a dirty team skilled in the 'dark arts'.

Am I missing something or are they just p***ed off because they expect to beat us 
    Probably a bit of that, other fans probably expect is to roll over and quit 
  • When you go on the fans forum of opposing teams they all seem to have it in for LB and refer to us as a dirty team skilled in the 'dark arts'.

We're certainly not a dirty team. Millwall for example are a more physical team (that's not a criticism btw)
  • edited August 2019
    bobmunro said:
    We've always been little old Charlton, nice club, everyone's second team blah, blah, blah......

Opposing fans dislike us? GOOD!
    That is the only way we will get something out of this season.
    Long may it continue.
    It wasn't that long ago (or was it)? 
    That we had a similar approach.
    Play to your strengths, and ours seems to be spirit
  • Millwall away should be fun B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Millwall away should be fun B)
    The old Russ Abbot song comes to mind...

https://youtu.be/RFPLk5mJ1D4
  • Leeds fans like what he has done for us and already are lining him up to replace Bielsa if he leaves at year end.
  • bobmunro said:
    We've always been little old Charlton, nice club, everyone's second team blah, blah, blah......

Opposing fans dislike us? GOOD!
    Exactly this. Makes a change to have a manager and a group of players with a bit of fire in their belly. 
  • Leeds fans like what he has done for us and already are lining him up to replace Bielsa if he leaves at year end.
    That is absolutely true of some Leeds fans for certain, my general manager is extremely envious of us, and is already talking to various people to get him in. I told him to forget it as he’s Charlton born and bread and loves it here.
    Fortunately for us I think that Leeds will get up this year. I can’t see Bielsa leaving under those circumstances. I can however confirm that Lee is very popular with Leeds fans.
    What's the fishing like in Leeds?

• Oggy Red said:
    Leeds fans like what he has done for us and already are lining him up to replace Bielsa if he leaves at year end.
    What's the fishing like in Leeds?

Like any city, you're limited to gutters and puddles
  • Sponsored links:

• Mametz said:
    Uboat said:
    Although Kap10 has maybe had a few autocorrect issues, I have to agree. Lee has a chequered past to put it mildly. He has obviously grown up a lot since then, but it's not surprising that other clubs remember the bad times. 
    If another champ club had Muscat as their manager, we'd say he was scum, regardless of what he'd done in the last ten years. 
    I’d still say that Mascat was scum even if it turned out that he was the son of god!
    Mascat never wrong. :smile:

• edited August 2019
    Opposing fans do not like teams that don't roll over. We are no different. If I was Bowyer, I'd take it as a compliment.
  • It's not his job to be nice, or popular. It's his job to win games, and that's exactly what he's out to do.
    I don't recall off the top of my head any opposition managers making strong complaints about him or his style which says to me that he's not crossed any unspoken managerial guidelines.
  • Bowyer is often in the ear of the fourth official so not surprising when opposition fans call him whiney/moany etc. Don't care what they think though.