Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland - another statement (12/8/2019)

Comments

• Options
    Great article Airman.  Is it the synopsis of your next book after we finally emerge blinking into the sunlight after these two  lousey ownerships?  Let's hope for third time lucky. 
  • Options
    I think reading that, it is Murray who comes out of it the worst.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Ferryman said:
    This is arguably the best ever online VOTV piece.
    Thanks. Of course, everything is relative!
    Well written as ever @Airman Brown keep pressing, hopefully you and you’re colleagues will get there sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He has enough basic political cunning to release this statement at this particular moment, doesn't he...
    Was thinking this too. Like, at least he got the timing right.

Rich people are weird.
  • Options
    Wether you like Rick Everitt or not you can't deny the facts in his article. Thanks for enlighten us. Although not a member of CARD I do understand their position and I agree with the protests, providing they are legal. It really annoys me that all those youngsters on FB are slagging of FB and are hoodwinked by RD that if they knew thier history, if it wasn't for people like Rick Everitt, Richard Hunt, all the people that posted leaflets during that campaign to get CAFC back to Valley then CAFC wouldn't exists and those youngsters would not be supporting CAFC. Has the protests had any success? I would argue definetly yes, Apart from WINNING on a protest it stopped RD operating in the way he had been. Meire has gone, and we have now the best management system we have had since the Curb days. He has got there by luck. RD didn't initially employ him. It was Robinson that brought him in and he was Robbo's assistant. Bowyer was his natural successor. Although we didn't know it at the time Bowyer was in the right place at the right time. Rd didn't bring in Gallen. Was it Robinson?  For someone spending less than 2% of his time on us, he seems to like reading all the forums and messageboards and can't help himself. Everytime the team is doing well up pipes RD, look at me, look what I have achieved? No you haven't. We have lost players such as Aribo, AD, Baeur etc because you have not offered them the going rate for a Championship player. For the record Bowyer, Gallen and co are working wonders with a low budget. The ironic thing is now although he is too blind to see it is for him to have a go at getting in the premier league. Give Bowyer the financial backing he deserves and watch him go and get you promotion to the Premier League. Then you will be remembered at the end of your tenure as the man that got us to the Premier League. He will get more more for the club, he can walk away. Rather than insulting and having digs at people and getting his facts wrong. 

• Options
    Thanks also the insight about RM. I never realised how bad the situation with him was with the other directors and reasons behind it. What a mess we were and still are in.  It is clear that RD doesn't like protests and gets to him.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Wether you like Rick Everitt or not you can't deny the facts in his article. Thanks for enlighten us. Although not a member of CARD I do understand their position and I agree with the protests, providing they are legal. It really annoys me that all those youngsters on FB are slagging of FB and are hoodwinked by RD that if they knew thier history, if it wasn't for people like Rick Everitt, Richard Hunt, all the people that posted leaflets during that campaign to get CAFC back to Valley then CAFC wouldn't exists and those youngsters would not be supporting CAFC. Has the protests had any success? I would argue definetly yes, Apart from WINNING on a protest it stopped RD operating in the way he had been. Meire has gone, and we have now the best management system we have had since the Curb days. He has got there by luck. RD didn't initially employ him. It was Robinson that brought him in and he was Robbo's assistant. Bowyer was his natural successor. Although we didn't know it at the time Bowyer was in the right place at the right time. Rd didn't bring in Gallen. Was it Robinson?  For someone spending less than 2% of his time on us, he seems to like reading all the forums and messageboards and can't help himself. Everytime the team is doing well up pipes RD, look at me, look what I have achieved? No you haven't. We have lost players such as Aribo, AD, Baeur etc because you have not offered them the going rate for a Championship player. For the record Bowyer, Gallen and co are working wonders with a low budget. The ironic thing is now although he is too blind to see it is for him to have a go at getting in the premier league. Give Bowyer the financial backing he deserves and watch him go and get you promotion to the Premier League. Then you will be remembered at the end of your tenure as the man that got us to the Premier League. He will get more more for the club, he can walk away. Rather than insulting and having digs at people and getting his facts wrong. 

This...👏👏
  • Options
    I'm glad you've decided to attend, @LargeAddick. Got my ticket for that one too.
  • Options
    Great article Rick pity it had to be written.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anybody out there would like to pay for my ticket...?
  • Options
    Sorry if posted already but Duchatelet has removed access to hospitality from the four ex-directors who wouldn't do his bidding.

Don't tell me our owner is not vindictive.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Sorry if posted already but Duchatelet has removed access to hospitality from the four ex-directors who wouldn't do his bidding.

Absolutely and utterly appalled by the pettiness and bitterness that the old fool has shown by doing this.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I like that he himself refers to his “collaborators”!
    It's a false friend from French in which thé word simply means the person you are talking to.
  • Options

Absolutely and utterly appalled by the pettiness and bitterness that the old fool has shown by doing this.

I'm not at surprised by this.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

I've seen some of those posts and am appalled - but not surprised. Have come to the rapid conclusion that most of those (but not all surprisingly) posting are of the pre-pubescent Love Island / Big Brother generation. Any paragraph with more than 10 words in and they're fooked. I suppose every club has its share. Nevertheless, its still disappointing that these morons seem to have little idea of the effort made by worthy people to help save our club from the machinations of an egotistical psychopath. Those involved with CARD and CAST must ignore these dumb people and keep up the good work.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    addick05 said:
    Rudders22 said:

I've seen some of those posts and am appalled - but not surprised. Have come to the rapid conclusion that most of those (but not all surprisingly) posting are of the pre-pubescent Love Island / Big Brother generation. Any paragraph with more than 10 words in and they're fooked. I suppose every club has its share. Nevertheless, its still disappointing that these morons seem to have little idea of the effort made by worthy people to help save our club from the machinations of an egotistical psychopath. Those involved with CARD and CAST must ignore these dumb people and keep up the good work.
    Somewhat patronising. If you don’t agree with me you must be pre-pubescent etc. You may not like them but they are Charlton supporters and entitled to their opinion. And CAST and CARD should not ignore them but find out why and what they can offer. If that doesn’t help them to understand our stance against RD then then fuck em all! 🙃
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    Rudders22 said:

Is there really any need to generalise young people can't read long paragraphs? Completely unnecessary and wrong IMO. Go back to posting minion memes on Facebook and forwarding spam to your family grandad

• Options
    addick05 said:
    Rudders22 said:

Is there really any need to generalise young people can't read long paragraphs? Completely unnecessary and wrong IMO. Go back to posting minion memes on Facebook and forwarding spam to your family grandad

Firstly, I don't post 'minion memes' (whatever they are) on Facebook or forward spam to my long-dead grandfather. I was merely opining on the ridiculous - and downright nasty - comments posted by some people on social media slagging off CARD and those who refuse to be blinded by two great results to the damage wrought by Duchatelet.  No problem with constructive criticism and everyone is entitled to their opinion (even you) but absolutely no need to demonise those people who, for over four years, have been instrumental in working to show what's been happening behind the scenes at Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roland new toilet paper 
  • Options
    The youngsters singing these songs hadn’t seen their balls drop until post Dowie.....don’t know they’re born! I am not old enough to have done the Selhurst stint at the tender age of 31. My dad was there though, and I fully appreciate all the bad times you guys went through.

You coincidentally saw the good times follow, I was lucky enough to see the good too albeit as a young lad.....this period now which our younger lot sing and dance in is nothing like it was in the curbs days! That’s no disrespect to Bow....but I don’t have the same sense of pride now as I did when I use to walk into school and goad my spurs mates after turning them over consistently!
  • Options
    I love the songs and the atmosphere that the lads are promoting, the allez bit is wonderful. They have the same heart and sentiments we've all had at what ever era we all came into this love of ours.

Just please don't think that you are the first to love and have heartbreak for CAFC.

People long before me and my generation laid the foundations lets respect all CAFC and the future of.....
  • Options
    Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to you, CAFC_Se7,in my second paragraph, but the people I was referring to in my previous post.

LLLABH Charlton people.
  • Options
    I was thinking after the win against Stoke - how many clubs have got Bowyer on their plan B radar. 
    It will be at least half a dozen, and if he is tempted away it will be the start of the domino effect towards our downfall  
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    I think people should have a look at last night's team sheet to realise that this squad has very little depth and while we are basking in the Wembley success, a good transfer window and two fine wins it can soon turn. Solly and Pearce generally miss large parts of the season, no natural cover for left back and we better hope the Brighton fella signs as we are desperately short of a forward. It wouldn't  take much for us to be shit again and we face the January window with an owner who is slowly losing a grip on reality.
    We’ve got better depth than previous years under Roland - compare Tuesdays starting eleven to last years v MK Dons in the same competition and you’ll see that. Two senior goalkeepers, four senior centre backs, eight senior midfielders and that’s excluding Morgan and Lapslie. We’re hoping to add Hemed and a free agent right back which would give us two per position, with the main problem being left back due to Page’s injuries.

We’ll probably sell a few players in January but every window we always bring players in.

It’s far too early to write off new the signings as not offering depth, especially when it’s mostly based on a one cup game.

Similar things were being said this time last year. We’ll be alright, we’re aiming to stay up, not win the title.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    addick05 said:
    Rudders22 said:

Somewhat patronising. If you don’t agree with me you must be pre-pubescent etc. You may not like them but they are Charlton supporters and entitled to their opinion. And CAST and CARD should not ignore them but find out why and what they can offer. If that doesn’t help them to understand our stance against RD then then fuck em all! 🙃
    Really? Let's just remind ourselves that we are talking about people, with unverified identities, writing things like "CARD and CAST are a bunch of self-serving ****s". Well, you could just about make your case if "CARD and CAST" were political parties in power, or alternatively the management of organisations we depend on like South Eastern Trains. But they are not, are they. They are just fans, like you and I, and the bloke (they are always blokes) who wrote such a post. In the case of CAST, you certainly can easily have a dialogue with board members, if you too are a member of CAST. But on Facebook you don't even know the identity of the person posting. Anyway, how would it work, what you propose? You send a message to the poster saying, what, "Hello I'm interested in finding out why you posted what you did about CAST, would you like to meet me at the Swan for a pint to discuss it?" Really? Why should CAST people be expected to do this, for a person who hasn't even joined? Why would anyone ever volunteer to help run CAST if they thought that is what is expected of them? Don't you think that respect is something that has to be earned, rather than demanding it anonymously on Facebook with foul incoherent rants, and sometimes threats of violence against fellow Charlton fans?
    Really? You are very sensitive to any criticism about CAST and there lies a possible issue. If you read my post in its entirety I.e the sentence that follows on from the sentence you highlighted then you might have noticed it was tongue in cheek comment. 🤓