Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland - another statement (12/8/2019)

Comments

• Options
    Why, why, why Roland?
  • Options
    Convinced there's more to those bids from Brentford and him turning em down, to shine himself in a better light.

• Options
    cafctom said:
    It is clearly a tactical move to put this out now after we’ve had a good start, simply so that it makes CARD/the fans look in the wrong if we protest at a time when the team is doing well.

Personally, I’m past the point of caring whether other fans will see us as whingers for protesting when we are winning. I just want him gone.

Hopefully whatever CARD has planned still goes ahead with full force. 
    And on the flip side if the protests don't start now then we will be accused of only being grumpy when we are losing, bit of a lose/lose from an outsider's POV. Luckily enough for us all we know more than outsiders. Hopefully the protests go ahead as planned 
  • Options
    It's funny how most things on the website at written in a professional, formal tone, but Roland writes statements like he's writing a twitter thread. His tone is just so... Off ,it's bizzare 
    Donald Trump-esque
  • Options
    Football fans are fickle. If we are doing well and he suddenly started being a good owner, we would quickly get behind him. personally, I can't see that happening and we are doing what we are doing because we have stumbled on the best manager in the EFL. He can't really take credit for that - there is no way he or anybody else would have guessed what a special manager Bowyer is. Imagine how special he could be if he is really backed.
  • Options
     I’m a firm believer that when no one talking about him that’s when these little statements/rants occur. Just prior to the play off semi, then again just before the final and two weeks into the season and Bowyer has the team performing above expectations. Like a spoilt child he wants a little attention and to be fussed a bit.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
     I’m a firm believer that when no one talking about him that’s when these little statements/rants occur. Just prior to the play off semi, then again just before the final and two weeks into the season and Bowyer has the team performing above expectations. Like a spoilt child he wants a little attention and to be fussed a bit.

Let's give him the attention he so badly craves.

What's the saying? 'be careful what you wish for'.

• Options
    It doesnt matter how Rolands fluked it , his fluking it.
    Theres no way the clubs for sale and his playing us fans like a fiddle.
    Hed have to get us in the champions league for me to get a season ticket.
    Not that it would matter as wed have sell outs every week anyway 
  • Options
    The guy is definitely his own man, he is like a person dancing at a wedding when the music has stopped. Please hire some decent personal PR to do this stuff for you and deal with in a professional manner as the owner of a football club, especially when English isn't your first language.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has fluked it last season and so far this. But even before his ownership, Charlton have been all about just missed opportunities. We are in the middle of a massive opportunity with a manager who pisses on all the other managers in the Championship. And Lampard over Bowyer, don't make me laugh! And when you have fluked something like that, it is like getting a killer hand in poker, you take advantage of it. Sadly he is not the sort to understand what he has. He will know Bowyer is decent, but not that he is special. Otherwise, he wouldn't have nearly lost him through pissing about!
  • Options
    It's a declaration of war. let's give him one
  • Options
    Surprised with the statement.  He must be incredibly busy the 98% of his other time.
  • Options
    Charlton do their best when he is spending 98% of his time not involved.  When he uses the other 2% of his time on us he causes damage.  Focus on your dancing you weird old man. 
  • Options
    He's a very weird bloke.

The only owner that enjoys attention seeking but while he hides.

Such a weird deluded man
  • Options
    He's wobbling
    Wibble Wobble
  • Options
    He just can’t help himself, Bet he’s been itching for the transfer window to shut to get this statement out, he thinks he’s in credit due to the start of the season, just keep your gob zipped Roland, and sell the club, you’re just helping coals on your head!
  • Options
    Just when u think he cant give anymore, there he goes again. He is truly a No 1 prik. Fkoff out of our club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yet he did provide budget for players and even allowed Bowyer to make a £4m bid for Toney.

Basically does one good thing, then follows it up with truly shite behaviour.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yet he did provide budget for players and even allowed Bowyer to make a £4m bid for Toney.

I have never quite bought into the £4 million bid for Toney claim......despite what their chairman suggested.
    Not saying we didn’t make an offer, just not as much as £4 million.
  • Options
    Just lower your asking price to a realistic amount and someone will buy the club. 
    You can then see out your remaining years never having to give the vinegar pissers another 2% of your time.
    Go on do it.
    I think you have missed a few words mates.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Do you really think the purchase of Toney wouldn’t have come from the sale of Taylor?

He has provided Bowyer with a budget not really fit for purpose and has a net spend of zero in this window. Yeah, thanks Roland.
    Exactly. That means Bowyer has £4m + toneys wages of budget he hasn't spent. We may as well sign Daniel Sturridge and Balotelli if we have that amount just sitting around
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Do you really think the purchase of Toney wouldn’t have come from the sale of Taylor?

He has provided Bowyer with a budget not really fit for purpose and has a net spend of zero in this window. Yeah, thanks Roland.
    Yes hes made an interminable series of bad decisions (...and PR faux pas and general lack of showing interest) but you do realise he is funding the annual losses of the club which are in the multi millions?

My least favourite line:
    "If we sell player X then the cash will go straight into Roland's pocket"

So just to be clear with regards to the financials, people are wanting someone to come in and bankroll a promotion charge? Times have changed as I'm sure last decade the general consensus was to live within our means.

That being said, if the youth products were tied down to proper contracts then we would have made more from our sales...we have been blessed with a lot of very good youngsters coming through it has to be said.
  • Options
    you will now see a surge in a load of num skulls moaning about card - they don't really get it. 
    Some of them have already surfaced on 'Twitter'. I despair of some people.