Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland - another statement (12/8/2019)

Comments

• I just think that 14 thousand people are gonna be fairly pissed off if RD petulantly pulls the plug on something simply coz CARD issue a statement that fucks off RD, and also mazbe doesnt represent the feelings of the majority of the supporters any more.After all, if we had 14k there on Saturday, then how many boycotters do we have? 
    Yes, we all want him to sell, we all want him to fuck off, but ffs there is timing!
    Pulls the plug on what?
  • RD hasn't pulled any plugs on any potential sales. He's merely been the reason that several prospective buyers have done so.
  • Curb_It said:
    I assumed the president was on a wind up last night?  
    I have come to the conclusion that they are on a constant wind up. 
    It’s the only reasonable explanation. 
  •  Stoke City. 
  • Has anyone seen The President and Roland in the same room?  ;)
  • There are no clever tactics from Roland. It is just an angry old Belgian bloke having a rant....because he has nothing better to do.

The only one that gets shown up...even further, is Roland himself.
  • Rick - great article. A small “nit” and probably  pointed out by others but you reference opening seasons wins against Blackburn and Hull City rather than Stoke.
  • I think The Pres has whooshed half the forum.

Some kind of record, surely
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    If you ignore the fact that 30% of that statement and time line is pure lies, 30% of it is half truths and 30% of it is misrepresentation of that facts, its probably the first clever thing he has ever ranted.

We, meaning almost everyone that will ever read this post, know its lies, half truths and misrepresentation because we have taken the time to read articals, listen to pod casts and read thread after thread that disprove every word he said.  We also, by and large, are adults who are capable of weighing up evidence and drawing our own conclusions. 

I think we have all drawn the same one. 

However, we aren't his target audience.   If you are stupid enough, ignorant enough or don't care enough not to have heard more than one side of the argument it could come across as being vaild.  It also reinforces the "fake news" approach.  

Unfortunately we are now entering Trump land, every accusation will be shouted down as fake news, every new revelation will be greated with "you lied last time your obviously lying again".   Even when every word is true. 

Due to the platforms he enjoys all those "true believers" (although I can't actually believe there are any), the not arseds and the "everything is OK as long as we are winning" types will swollow some or all of it. 

Any CARD response has to be well thought out now, as I am sure it will be, because they can't "sing to the choir" as the choir haven't been hoodwinked. 

@Airman Brown can't you sue him if not for liable, for defimation and misrepresentation?  

Not without significant personal financial risk, but anyway I'm quite willing to fight my corner against Duchatelet and Murray. Today just shows the extent to which they were riled by the CARD statement. That was rather the idea.

Looks like it worked Rick!
  • Has anyone seen The President and Roland in the same room?  ;)
    I have.

Everyone has seen him singing happy birthday to the old scroat as well.
  • T_C_E said:
    Thanks Airman, finally it’s starting to come out. 

Wonderfully written explanation of just what has been going on -behind the scenes- for some time.  If, as a Charlton fan, this statement doesn't convince you of how important it is to rid ourselves of this odious Belgian owner, then nothing will.
  • Interesting to read Airman’s summary of the previous lot. As a fella who took little or no interest in the governance of the club, it became clear, to even me, early in 2015 at the time that crouching idiot was appointed that the club under Duchatelet and Meire would just drift slowly downwards due to no coherent plan nor taking on board any constructive advice. Hence why even I turned up in Woolwich to freeze my nuts off and find out what the hell was going on and what could we do about it. It’s laughable that Duchatelet suggests that any protests started much later.

• stonemuse said:
    HarryLime said:

Interesting to read Airman’s summary of the previous lot. As a fella who took little or no interest in the governance of the club, it became clear, to even me, early in 2015 at the time that crouching idiot was appointed that the club under Duchatelet and Meire would just drift slowly downwards due to no coherent plan nor taking on board any constructive advice. Hence why even I turned up in Woolwich to freeze my nuts off and find out what the hell was going on and what could we do about it. It’s laughable that Duchatelet suggests that any protests started much later.

Will never forget how bloody cold Woolwich Town Hall was that night. 

Yeah, but well worth the suffering wasn't it?
  • Well done Airman that was an interesting read.

Wonder what else will come out in time.

Look forward to reading more insites into the years which runs in our blood about our club.

• How are we going to get out of this?

I want to go back to Charlton but Roland kind of drains my enthusiasm.

I'm guessing it's partly my fault for letting it get to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn't worry too much about Jim White. I actually learnt about this latest outburst from a London based proper journo who WhatsApped me a message about "another mad statement from Duchatelet". A good barometer of how it has gone down in the outside world. Unfortunately a mad statement from him is so common that it does not constitute a story, but if for example a frustrated buyer decides to break cover, this journo will be all over it.

Similarly with Facebook groups. They are the Daily Express of social media. They can be useful for community issues, but my sister says even the Eltham community one, where you might expect it to do a good job regarding thefts and lost dogs or cats, is polluted by nutters.

Duchatelet of course understands none of this, and helpfully refuses the professional advice from people whom he employs, who do. 
    No offence taken.
  • Sorry if posted already but Duchatelet has removed access to hospitality from the four ex-directors who wouldn't do his bidding.

• Laundry basket
  • Ferryman said:
    This is arguably the best ever online VOTV piece.
    I just hope the Nationals and the Belgian press pick this up and expose him for what he is 
  • edited August 2019
    Laundry basket
    If you look closely, you can just see Karel Fraeye hiding at the back!! 
  • Ferryman said:
    This is arguably the best ever online VOTV piece.
    Thanks. Of course, everything is relative!
  • As Tears For Fears might put it ........

OUT OUT ROLAND GET OUT
    you are the kind we can do without 
    Come on
    We're talking to you
    Come on!!!