Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland - another statement (12/8/2019)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Seriously, I do worry that he is actually ill. What with this and feedback from the various proposed buyers of how difficult he is to deal with. 
    I wonder if there Is anyone on the forum qualified and willing to have a stab at diagnosing and possibly explaining his erratic and bizarre behaviour?
  • Options
    If you ignore the fact that 30% of that statement and time line is pure lies, 30% of it is half truths and 30% of it is misrepresentation of that facts, its probably the first clever thing he has ever ranted.

We, meaning almost everyone that will ever read this post, know its lies, half truths and misrepresentation because we have taken the time to read articals, listen to pod casts and read thread after thread that disprove every word he said.  We also, by and large, are adults who are capable of weighing up evidence and drawing our own conclusions. 

I think we have all drawn the same one. 

However, we aren't his target audience.   If you are stupid enough, ignorant enough or don't care enough not to have heard more than one side of the argument it could come across as being vaild.  It also reinforces the "fake news" approach.  

Unfortunately we are now entering Trump land, every accusation will be shouted down as fake news, every new revelation will be greated with "you lied last time your obviously lying again".   Even when every word is true. 

Due to the platforms he enjoys all those "true believers" (although I can't actually believe there are any), the not arseds and the "everything is OK as long as we are winning" types will swollow some or all of it. 

Any CARD response has to be well thought out now, as I am sure it will be, because they can't "sing to the choir" as the choir haven't been hoodwinked. 

@Airman Brown can't you sue him if not for liable, for defimation and misrepresentation?  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yet he did provide budget for players and even allowed Bowyer to make a £4m bid for Toney.

Basically does one good thing, then follows it up with truly shite behaviour.
    I have never quite bought into the £4 million bid for Toney claim......despite what their chairman suggested.
    Not saying we didn’t make an offer, just not as much as £4 million.
    Whether we did or not, thats what people outside of RD are saying.

However, we àre 2nd in the league, ok only after 2 games, but i dont get the point in 'upsetting' RD at this moment in time ' it makes no sense to me - we are in a better position now than when he took over the club - ok,again, only after 2 games, and certainly not of his making.
    I really dont see the point in rocking the boat right now.Maybe CARD should keep just keep quiet for a while- in the same way that people are telling RD to keep quiet atm, maybe the same should apply to CARD? 
    Just 5 days ago, yes 5 days ago you said the below.

I'd be concerned following your lead, that half way through a march, you would swap sides -

"I've had enough of the 'lets not upset the locals' method. Its not done anything and we've got nowhere by being 'nice'.

Its time to do some serious protesting, on the edge, not this stupid powder puff stuff that we have done so far. Its time to get real, and forget about whether we are upseting St Truidians or not - its time to put RD in the spotlight by being nasty (though just legal) to the locals.

Anyone who thinks we can be the nice friendly fans again, can just put up with RD for another x years.

Lets not pussy foot about this time. Do you want him out or not ?? "
    Was thinking the same thing.  Proper odd that last week you wanted to get ‘nasty’, and this week you’re suggesting CARD back down?  Are you saying you want a full on assault on RD or nothing at all? 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    How can we counter his claims in a very public way. Can we release a statement in relevant publications English or Belgium.

Could we we take out billboard space in Belgium?

Or get onto Talksport, has someone already done that? Surely if they’re willing to give him airspace, they should do the same for us?

• Options
    In 10 hours....

"Good morning Roland welcome back onto talksport you are speaking with me, Jim White. This is our pre recorded chat".
  • Options
    He could quite easily have issued a statement concentrating on the transfer window dealings and wishing good luck for the season, stating that he jopes the business done will help in his quest to sell. But no. This untimely statement has done nothing but infuriate and reopen wounds that might just have been healing a little.

Silly man.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Boycotting is a personal decision. It isn't something CARD makes you do. Those that boycott and dearly want to go are making a big sacrifice which everybody should respect. I see myself as weak for going, but I do think Bowyer and the team deserve our support. Sadly, I can't get as excited as I should that we have found a special manager as I know who owns the club and how quickly things can change when the foundations are made of sand. Bowyer has built a castle but its sandy foundations are all Roland's work. In the same way that I thought we had to get promoted last season, I think we have to get promoted this too. If we stay up Bowyer's stock will be too high to keep and if we go down, most of the players that make us a decent side will be gone.

Bankokaddick is right. He could have issued a positive statement following this window as whilst there were negatives (lowest budget in the division), nonsense over Bowyer's contract. There were a couple of positives. The quality we have bought in with the lowest budget can only shine immense credit on Bowyer and his team, but that Bowyer saw some of the Djiksteel money and we did not need to sell Taylor (recalling selling our leading goalscorer in January) are positives that Roland could have spun something around. He could, if he wasn't mad that is.

By the way. Roland may see signing Bowyer on a one year deal as a triumph, when Bowyer clearly wanted longer. I see it as a disaster waiting to happen. Having said that, we have seen that when a manager wants to go, it is hard to stop them, contract or no contract. But rather than try to wrangle a few quid out of his terms, Roland should have been trying to get assurances and a decent buy out clause. Big enough to put some suitors off! Roland saying a one year deal for Bowyer makes the club more saleable as new owners may not want him, shows a total lack of knowledge of what is his biggest asset. At least Murray understood, all those years ago, that Curbs was the biggest asset of the club and look what happened next. If he spotted Curbs, not sure how he can't see the same opportunity in Bowyer. If he can, why is he not throwing his rattle out of the pram at this inept owner!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The Facebook page is a good source for our fucktards of supporters 

“Roland’s not that bad he’s put his hand in his pocket and got us bowyer and Williams” 

fuck off pal how dare you confuse the good work done by gallen, johnnie and lee with that yellow toothed cnut.

i was someone who was extremely pissed off with him once we are safe in this league I would be more than happy for protests to continue in the ground - BUT they do not seem to have much affect the ones in Belgium seem to embarrass him a lot more 

the line that keeps getting wheeled out is but the clubs for sale - we are in a very good location, have a good fan base, far bigger than the 2 local clubs to us.

the club is for sale but for an unrealistic price.

the other line is but he pays the bills - he owns the business you cretin!!!
  • Options
    If CARD are minded to respond to this latest statement from RD I think they should continue to focus on the things he does NOT address, i.e. along the lines of:

In his latest statement of 12th August RD continues to ignore the main issues raised by CARD on 1st August, namely:

• RD contends that every owner of a Championship club is expected to lose £15M in operational losses each year, which is not sustainable and that is making it hard to sell the club. However, as CARD pointed out on 1st August (then reiterate the two points about average losses being lower in many cases and that 9 championship clubs have been sold since the changes to FFP regulations)
    • Further, RD continues to say there have been several suitors to buy the club. Why are they not able to consummate a sale? CARD do not believe it is because of potential operating losses but because RD continues to ask for an overinflated sales price, likely reflecting an unrealistic value for the ground etc
    Also, reference RD's comment "....some individuals have their own agendas...." and respond that, whilst RD continues to be fixated regarding some individuals, CARD is a broad coalition representing fans etc etc

Reiterate the concern that it looks like he is going to miss the opportunity gifted to him by the efforts of LB and his management team and the players to sell the club for a realistic price because of his unrealistic expectations.

Then finish with something like "FFS, sell the club"!

Am sure CARD can write something better, but I think it best to continue to focus on RD's inconsistent statements, his failure to address the issues raised by CARD, the fact that he has no footballing ambitions for the club, that he is lucky to have the current management team etc etc.
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    jac52 said:
    Sollied said:
    Not sure if it’s already been posted but the link about the owners timeline at Charlton is also very.... interesting 
    I haven't seen it, mind posting?

CARD continue to demand that the owner sells the club. This is interesting, since it became clear that those leading the protesters don’t care who the club is sold to. Rick Everitt wrote recently (VOTV, June 7th) that “neither (Derek) Chappell nor I were ever aware of the interested party’s identity” when he led a campaign which saw thousands of fans demand the owner sell the club. 

From the beginning of 2016, Rick Everitt and others organised protests based on the claim that the owner had refused to meet with the intermediary (Peter Varney) who represented aforementioned buyer. Today it appears that Everitt wanted the club to get sold to somebody he didn’t know. 

Fans, who at the time were understandably very sensitive to the bad results of the team, were convinced that any owner would be better than Roland Duchatelet. It became a witch hunt to which the club failed to respond properly. There were protests during games, throwing of tennis balls and plastic toys on the pitch to stop games to make the owner sell to anyone.  

Posts on fan forums of that time show that some felt that those protests during games were accepted as a means to a higher objective, because even a relegation of Charlton from Championship to League One was seen by quite a few as a collateral damage to a higher objective, since it would increase the chance of driving out the owner out of the club.

When the current owner acquired the club early January 2014, the club was in the bottom positions of the league. Yet the club avoided relegation by averaging 1.5 points per game under the newly appointed Jose Riga. Charlton finished 18th in the 2013/14 season which left most Charlton fans happy.

In the 2014/15 season Charlton finished a very respectable 12th place.

The 2015/16 season started well, however we ran into serious injury problems early in the season. Dissatisfaction grew but there were no protests during 2015.

The protests started in January 2016, after two years of ownership. Varney, an ex-employee of the club, had approached the owner to talk about a prospective investor. The “investment” was not presented as a potential purchase of the club but as an undefined investment which may have been an investment in LED boarding for example - while the owner had no financial problems to finance all the needs of the club. All these confidential emails were published by Rick Everitt in VOTV on December 29th 2015. Only when an ex-director visited the owner in Belgium in February 2016, it became clear to the owner that there was a candidate buyer (and who he was). 

Therefore, it is interesting that Everitt wrote recently (VOTV article of June 7th 2019) that “neither Chappell nor I were ever aware of the interested party’s identity”. 

Everitt encouraged thousands of fans to demand the owner sell the club to somebody he didn’t know. 

The owner was willing to sell the club anyway then, because the EFL Financial Fair Play rules changed allowing Championship clubs to lose £13m per year rather than £6m per year, making owning a club in the Championship much less attractive. 

However, the Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet did exactly the opposite of what was desirable to promote the sale of the club:

-     They urged fans not to buy season tickets to reduce income and thus increase the yearly losses of the club

-     They got in touch with sponsors to convince them to stop sponsoring our football club with the same objective

-     They heavily criticized measures to reduce costs

Some individuals have started a personal war against the owner which has nothing to do anymore with the wellbeing of the club. It is a personal feeling of hatred they developed and a personal feud. It seems that their main objective is to make the owner suffer as much as possible, while Duchatelet is locked into an undesired ownership.

Candidate owners do not only study the finances of the football club, they also have a close look at how the fans may treat them once they have bought the club. When the current owner did his due diligence, he found that Charlton had a very good, strong and vibrant fan base and a very good and strong social role in the local community. Will candidate buyers believe that the protests against the current owner are due to his incompetence? Maybe, who knows. Surely they would not like to be the victim of a similar treatment whilst pouring millions of pounds into the club every year.

Some are surprised that the owner is totally open with regards to the negative points of ownership, which might discourage some candidate buyers. There are two reasons for this: 

-      it is a matter of ethics 

-      it is also good business practice in order to strongly reduce the risk of claims by the buyer after the club has been sold

It is something the owner has done when selling three other clubs (Alcorcon, Standard Liege and St Truiden) which were not for sale as long as Charlton have been.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/ownership/ownership-timeline

Proves you can rewrite history.      

Smacks of input by others under the spot light trying to dilute fans backing of CARD. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has a point to be fair
    He has a point to be fair
    Is that you Richard?
  • Options

• Options

Time to dust this off again, brought up to date after recent events:

He couldn’t see what was wrong about buying the club without doing due diligence.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with his player network idea.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with sending players that the manager didn’t want.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with appointing a naive and inexperienced CEO.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with emailing team and tactics suggestions to the manager.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with getting rid of Kermogant and Morrison.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with sacking manager after manager after manager.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with appointing a manager who didn’t have a work permit.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with appointing Karel Fraeye.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with letting Tommy D scout for players and choose transfer targets.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with selling Poyet/Gomez/Cousins/Konsa/Lookman/Grant/Aribo/Djiksteel 

He couldn’t see what was wrong with not appointing another CEO

He couldn’t see what was wrong with asking the EFL to buy the club

He couldn’t see what was wrong with calling the fans terrorists.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with not giving a new contract to Lee Bowyer et al before the end of the season.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with posting on the OS about the LB contract situation.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with congratulating Chris Wilder on the OS.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with raising the asking price for the club after getting promotion.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with issuing bonkers statements on the official club website.

He just doesn’t see what’s wrong with any of it.

And therein lies the problem.
    Roland hasnt got to see any wrong.
    He can say what he want and tge majority of fans will put up with it.
  • Options
    RD has quite clearly no idea how to market a club he is selling!!

Following up from his 'chat' on Talksport a couple of weeks ago where he advised "no-one to buy a football club", in this statement he says and I quote-:

"to make the club attractive on the market so that we can find a rich new owner willing to spend a good part of his or her personal wealth on trying to get Charlton back to the Premier League."

When selling a club you don't tell a prospective buyer that they are going to have to spend a fortune to get it anywhere!! 
    So in the space of a few weeks he has advised people NOT to buy a club, and if they ignore that advice be prepared to spend a large amount of dosh to get the club to progress!! So there are two negatives from someone trying to sell, he has omitted the potential positives of the financial rewards for any owner that has 'ambition', something RD is and has been sadly lacking!!

He could sell if he marketed the club positively and dropped his quite clearly ridiculous asking price.
    He alone has so far made at least 3 groups/individuals walk away from the table and the Aussies haven't made a substantive move in over 2 years, there is one common denominator...............RD!!! 

In work parlance the man is a 'deflector' blaming everyone and everything else for his failure(s), in this instance his failure to secure a sale........only one person to blame RD....yourself!!!

• Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about Jim White. I actually learnt about this latest outburst from a London based proper journo who WhatsApped me a message about "another mad statement from Duchatelet". A good barometer of how it has gone down in the outside world. Unfortunately a mad statement from him is so common that it does not constitute a story, but if for example a frustrated buyer decides to break cover, this journo will be all over it.

Similarly with Facebook groups. They are the Daily Express of social media. They can be useful for community issues, but my sister says even the Eltham community one, where you might expect it to do a good job regarding thefts and lost dogs or cats, is polluted by nutters.

Duchatelet of course understands none of this, and helpfully refuses the professional advice from people whom he employs, who do. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yet he did provide budget for players and even allowed Bowyer to make a £4m bid for Toney.

Basically does one good thing, then follows it up with truly shite behaviour.
    I have never quite bought into the £4 million bid for Toney claim......despite what their chairman suggested.
    Not saying we didn’t make an offer, just not as much as £4 million.
    Whether we did or not, thats what people outside of RD are saying.

However, we àre 2nd in the league, ok only after 2 games, but i dont get the point in 'upsetting' RD at this moment in time ' it makes no sense to me - we are in a better position now than when he took over the club - ok,again, only after 2 games, and certainly not of his making.
    I really dont see the point in rocking the boat right now.Maybe CARD should keep just keep quiet for a while- in the same way that people are telling RD to keep quiet atm, maybe the same should apply to CARD? 
    You've changed your tune.
  • Options
    I assumed the president was on a wind up last night?