Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Stoke | Sat 10 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Get in there! Been out most of the afternoon, I know most of you thought I was proper Charlton☺️. See you at Barnsley next week! Said we are top the league, said we are top the league😝.
  • Options
    Was this really Charlton I just watched?
  • Options
    At least we don't have to worry about Taylor's mindset. Worked very hard, okay didn't celebrate his goal but was beaming for Aneke's. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Get in there! Been out most of the afternoon, I know most of you thought I was proper Charlton☺️. See you at Barnsley next week! Said we are top the league, said we are top the league😝.
    Not quite, but I will consider taking 2nd come May. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Wow. Gallagher. Leko. Jesus. 
    I’m jumpin’ into the pool to celebrate. 
    Bloody hell. Love this team and Bowyer, and practically everyone!
    Jesus scored after 25 minutes today, for Man City.

• Options
    Followed the 2nd half of the match thread in a cab back from Gatwick. 
    Went bonkers for both 2nd half goals and scared the crap out of the cabbie. 
    Gave him a decent tip as I was buzzing when he dropped me off.
    COYA 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:
    You do all realise that once Roland is made aware of our start to the season, he will be dreaming of the Premier League!!!!

Why would you want to say something like that? At this moment? 

Chip pisser :wink:
    Sorry.
    Rd's not all that bad, really, is he though?  Have we all been overreacting?
    RD does not give a shit. He has basically shut up shop.

Think LB, SG and the coaching are performing miracles under the budget constraints.
  • Options
    Im shocked. I could only have hoped for a point from the 2 games. Insanely brilliant stuff. 
  • Options
    Great performance really enjoyed that. Rode our luck a bit with them hitting the woodwork twice but we looked a threat all game. Great attacking intent. We’ll probably let in a few at times but was brilliant atmosphere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Wow. Gallagher. Leko. Jesus
    I’m jumpin’ into the pool to celebrate. 
    Bloody hell. Love this team and Bowyer, and practically everyone!
    No wonder we won, you can't beat a bit of devine intervention 😉.
  • Options
    Only at Charlton can fans go from doom and gloom to ecstasy in 48 hours
  • Options
    Great win and well deserved against a very good Stoke side. Great to see the covered end bouncing on the stream too. Goodnight from me at 2.30am
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:
    You do all realise that once Roland is made aware of our start to the season, he will be dreaming of the Premier League!!!!

Sorry.

Think LB, SG and the coaching are performing miracles under the budget constraints.
    You're right...it was a not very good joke, as if everything was alright now.  Sorry.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    At least we don't have to worry about Taylor's mindset. Worked very hard, okay didn't celebrate his goal but was beaming for Aneke's. 
    To be fair, I think it’s quite a common reaction to be almost apologetic when you’re gifted a goal by a goalkeeping ricket like that.
    (Just look at Leadbitter (I think) when Sunderland got their goal at Wembley.)

Lyle knew the shot wasn’t quite right and shouldn’t have gone in.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:

Sorry.

Still rejected a very good bid for Taylor though. 

But of course 99% of the credit still needs to go to Bowyer & Co. 
  • Options
    That was alright wasn't it. How the hell did Cullen not go to a premiership club. So pleased he is back. Feet on the ground and all that, but very excited about our potential this season. Anyone fancy Wembley again?
  • Options
    6 points more than 3 teams and still the possibility of a 138 maximum is still on. 
    If only we had an owner who would celebrate success  with us, I doubt he has ever felt blind optimism like me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Full marks to the management team. This midfield is the business. Going to be asking questions of any team they come up against.
  • Options
    What a match what an atmosphere

Stoke were good but hit the bar and post and missed a sitter
    Our defence was not tight and gave the ball away too much, the midfield battled and Taylor Williams and Leko a constant threat as was Chuck when he came on. 3 shots on target and 3 goals says it all
    Us lot were marvellous and really make a 12th man
    Someone said that Lyle did not celebrate his goal, I thought he did
    The only negative was the messing around between Dils and the back four and their wish to pass to the opposition
    A well managed game with good subs

COYA
  • Options
    Probably the most enjoyable game I have seen down the Valley in the last 15 years. Do Chelsea have a Jan recall option on Gallagher? 
  • Options
    Gallagher and Leko very impressive - Leko seemed to pop up everywhere. Our midfield looks very promising.

We're a bit casual in defence and need to get the ball out quicker.

Stoke look a decent side and 3-1 is a very good result - 2 wins from twò certainly unexpected.