Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Stoke | Sat 10 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• It's what we all expected
  • Leuth said:
    Playing cricket so I sent Charlton Aesthetic with my season ticket. Maybe I should do that every week
    Does this mean we're going to get a match report off her?
  • Laddick01 said:
    Reminds me of the time we scored late to go 2 in 2 under Luzon. It keeps me wary.

But at the same time this is Bowyer and we have a squad with the perfect blend of desire and talent.

There is certainly stuff that needs working on and we do look a little short in certain areas, but that’s why this is a championship side.

Get Hemed in and who knows. I’m buzzing

We had two draws in between those two wins, we didn't start with 2 straight wins. Also I'm more confident in Bowyer than I ever was Luzon
  • Hope so!

• Gives me huge satisfaction to see who we knocked from second. 
    Our last game of the season is Leeds away. Could be interesting!
  • Great start but a hell of a long way to go. Well done to all concerned!
  • Sponsored links:

• :):):)Callumcafc said:

Treble Like
  • Fantastic. Was up at 2, to catch a 6 o’clock flight to Menorca this morning and have spent half the afternoon snoring on a lounger by the pool. Am now off to the bar to celebrate.
  • It's Bob peeters all over again 😉
    Only had four points after two games with Peeters. :-)
    We got 8 from the 1st 4 under Luzon didn't we? 
  • Watched the stream from Stoke's side. Gallagher's physicality is striking! Not terribly pleased with Phillips performance, as he seemed out of place a lot. Aneke is a big lad! The Stoke commentators were insulting as all get out. Kept going on about how the result should have been 3-1 Stoke. I think they need to realize it is they, not CAFC, who should worry about relegation.
  • Never expected that start in the Championship. Fabulous feeling. Off for a few beers in my local French bar to bathe in the glow of their success and wonder where this season will take us long serving supporters. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 games, 2 Lyle goals, another from Purrington, and 2 goals from new players ... +3 goal difference ... just brilliant. 
  • Bloody hell, I could get used to this
  • how good was that
  • I know this is only 8 days. But what a great 8 days on and off the pitch. It’s a long bumpy ride but I am so optimistic and agree with the poster who said doesn’t feel like last season finished and we are rolling on.
  • Never in doubt.  Where are the w******s predicting a loss now?
  • Fantastic result, just fantastic absolutely buzzing here, LB, what a man! As @NapaAddick says, it seems like last season just hasnt ended.

Will be wearing our colours with pride around Melbourne tomorrow and looking forward to reading the views of those back home who went to the game.

Yippe aye ehhhhh!! 
  • Never in doubt.  Where are the w******s predicting a loss now?
    Once again, 8 days ago I think it was entirely plausible that we'd go down with a whimper, even with Bowyer in charge.

With the quality we've added you have now got to fancy us to give anyone a game.