Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    He could well end up being the best player I’ve seen wearing a Charlton shirt 
    I reckon this too....I can’t think of many younger players I’ve seen play for us who were that good
    Even Diego Poyet for us at his best was very much a poor man”s Gallagher 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Someone in the match thread said "kinsella on speed", and I thought that was a pretty accurate description of how he plays

He has Kinsella's tenacity but he's a far better finisher than Mark was and his passing is more attacking (Kinsella used to lay a lot of balls square). Gallagher's also got an extra gear that helps him burst into space between the lines which again Kinsella lacked.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I reckon this too....I can’t think of many younger players I’ve seen play for us who were that good
    At his age he's up there with Bowyer & Parker in my view, probably ahead of Parker. Gomez also at a similar age. But there's no clear winner of anyone sub 20 years old better than him that i've seen in a Charlton shirt. 
    What do you reckon, Len?

Shall we tell this young Johnny Come Lately all about Lenny Glover, Alan Campbell, Keith Peacock, Marvin Hinton and Mike Bailey? :smile:

• Options
    Off topic I know but I remember seeing Charlton vs Norwich in the fa Cup once and Shelvey was by far the best player on the pitch. He was 16! 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Nice that Chelsea are monitoring his progress closely

Its felt in the past that their loan signings have gone out and been forgotten a bit by their parent club when you read interviews with the players
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Gallagher on pace for a better season than Mason Mount had for Derby last season.

Mount has this season gone on to play eight Premier League games and score four goals. Wouldn’t shock me if Gallagher has four Premier League goals by October 2020.

I’d love to say we might get another season out of Conor but at this rate, Chelsea will find a way to get him into their first team next season. I’m already sad at the thought of him leaving!
  • Options
    He reminds me of Steven Gerrard in his style of play. Combative, makes brilliant runs forward and has an eye for a goal. Long may it continue, such an excellent player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m hoping he can get into double figures by Christmas, ambitious I know, but you’ve got to push yourself if you want to get to the top.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    He reminds me of Steven Gerrard in his style of play. Combative, makes brilliant runs forward and has an eye for a goal. Long may it continue, such an excellent player.
    Funnily enough I was telling a Citeh fan the other day who doesn't pay much attention to anything non Premier League these days, we had this brilliant Chelsea youth player of the year on loan who is a cross between Gerrard and Colin Bell.
  • Options
    Kid has got everything, best player I've seen at the valley since Gomez
  • Options
    Lampard taking over at Chelsea, combined with their transfer ban opening things up for youth, is the best thing that could have happened for Conor.

In fact a Chelsea mate of mine has said he is enjoying watching and going to Chelsea more than ever before - because the likes of Mount, Abraham, Hudson Odoi feels fresher than a long time. Gallagher will likely be the next in line.... just hope we get the full season out of him.
  • Options
    Excellent player with good attitude - far better than I expected given his lack of experience.
  • Options
    Conor us the new Abrahams. Another season in the Championship then he can push on into the Prem.  
  • Options
    I'm not worried about losing Conor in Jan (unless he is on 20 goals and gets MOTM every bame between now and then). Chelsea wont recall him, they will know its better for his development to play the full season at this level. Bow is clearly helping im adapt and improve and he is clearly working with Chelsea on this. As long as all parties are happy he will be here all season.

The ones I am worries about losing in Jan are Cullen (almost certain to go), Field (less likely) and Leko (quite likely if he keeps playing and scoring).
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I imagine Bowyer enjoyed talking to Claude Makelele, top top player!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't see Gallagher returning to Chelsea this season, they have 27 players out on loan so even if there was an injury crisis I'm sure someone else would be recalled first!
  • Options
    I'm not worried about losing Conor in Jan (unless he is on 20 goals and gets MOTM every bame between now and then). Chelsea wont recall him, they will know its better for his development to play the full season at this level. Bow is clearly helping im adapt and improve and he is clearly working with Chelsea on this. As long as all parties are happy he will be here all season.

The ones I am worries about losing in Jan are Cullen (almost certain to go), Field (less likely) and Leko (quite likely if he keeps playing and scoring).
    I feel like Cullen is inevitable at this point. They've shop-windowed him until January and they will be looking for buyers before his contract expires. The only hope we have is West Ham are willing to take peanuts for him, we even have peanuts to offer, and he's willing to take a paycut. I would be absolutely shocked if there's not another team in our league willing to outbid us for him though
  • Options

Lampard won't recall him because knows how good a full season was for Mount at Derby last year.
  • Options
    Apart from being highly talented, good looking, on the books of a leading Premiership club, playing for Charlton, attractive girlfriend, what has he got going for him ...? 
     Large....... Salary
    Football boot sponsorship
    England unders caps 
  • Options
    surprise signing of the summer, never seen him play before we signed him, first year in senior football, so didnt expect much,  but my god what a player we have, Gallen with a stroke of genius 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    At his age he's up there with Bowyer & Parker in my view, probably ahead of Parker. Gomez also at a similar age. But there's no clear winner of anyone sub 20 years old better than him that i've seen in a Charlton shirt. 
    What do you reckon, Len?

Shall we tell this young Johnny Come Lately all about Lenny Glover, Alan Campbell, Keith Peacock, Marvin Hinton and Mike Bailey? :smile:

Tut, tut @OggyRed how could you not mention Billy Bonds or were you too young?😉