Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Its all on you @RedChaser!! ;)
  • Options
    Congrats Conor. Well deserved.
  • Options
    Slovenia pull one back 1-2
  • Options
    Oops 2-2 now
  • Options
    FT 2-2
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Only watched the last 20 mins and he acquitted himself well, took a knock but didn't look serious and Slovenia equalise in injury time 2-2. 
  • Options
    What an absolute quality player and boy. 
  • Options
    Wow - "This time last year, things were going a little differently for you after it was discovered that you had a heart condition that required minor surgery. It delayed your involvement at the start of the season for a number of months, which makes your progress since then even more remarkable…"
  • Options
    Thanks for posting that interview Callum. What a smashing lad he is.  Having watched Charlton since 1986 I haven't seen too many young players that have stood out (without going on loan although technically Conor is not one of our own). Sometimes you watch a player and think WOW this one has a lot of potential.  Watching him against Swansea doing those turns in midfield I was joking to a friend "Alright Conor it is getting a bit boring now (after doing another turn). I was in the away end at Fulham near the halfway line and 2 players stood out for us. J.Williams who faded after an hour at Conor. 

The players that stood out when young for me Parker, Bowyer, Gomez and now Gallagher. 

Unlike Beckham at his age, there is no petulance from him, level headed, appreciates the talent he has, and works hard for the team (and is not a billy big time from Chelsea), and willing to learn and graft. 

Watching England on Friday I can't help thinking Conor will be in that team in the next couple of years if he develops how is at the moment and running that midfield. 
    The amount of times I have sat at the Valley this season and thought back to all those years ago when Preston had Becks on loan with them and how they were watching a star in the making.
    It feels like that as well. 

To think he is only 19 so hopefully we could get another 20 years out of him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the bench for tonight
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    All subs used up, pleased for him to travel, but disappointing for him that he hasn't got at least 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Just came on for the last 5 minutes.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Do they allow more than 3 subs at that level then?! Weird.

Glad they're reading CL.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    All subs used up, pleased for him to travel, but disappointing for him that he hasn't got at least 5 minutes.
    Not too bothered. He went away, got the experience, got a couple of caps, and will come back relatively fresh as he's only played a few minutes,
  • Options
    On another note though, Hudson-Odoi and Foden looked very good. A level above anyone else in that side. 
  • Options
    That's a great interview. Seems like such an honest fella and is obviously a cracking player. And only 19yrs old!
  • Options
    Kane, Sterling, Hudson Odoi, Foden, Nketiah, Gallagher, Rashford and Sancho... the attacking future for England looks incredibly bright
  • Options
    He needs to calm down a bit. I'm starting to get worried that Chelsea might recall him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He will rightly get plaudits for his goal. But the way he chased down that ball midway through the second have and then mugged it off there player before he got fouled.

I think im in love.
  • Options
    Went on The Shed to see what Chelsea fans made of him and saw this

• Options
    He needs to calm down a bit. I'm starting to get worried that Chelsea might recall him.
    Are they allowed to? - Cullen | Field | Kayal I think it was mentioned that they have recall clauses

I'd be surprised if Chelsea have inserted one

(Unless it was done so if we didnt play him enough, like what reports are saying about Nkietah now going to Bristol City)
  • Options

Okay, the public have spoken - now pick your favourite goal from the following efforts today! 🗳️⬇️
  • Options
    1 hour and 30 minutes to go, Gallagher currently ahead with 43% get voting
  • Options
    Marry me Conor 
  • Options
    1 hour and 30 minutes to go, Gallagher currently ahead with 43% get voting
    Down to 39%
  • Options
    Went on The Shed to see what Chelsea fans made of him and saw this

That was posted by a charlton fan.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I’m not sure Conor Beckham is quite right although I do see the similarities.

The way he pops up inside and on the edge of the box reminds me of Lampard. His tireless work rate and technical ability reminds me of Beckham.