Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum - 25th September 2019

Comments

• Part 1 of the minutes have been published
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d91d8832d141/fans-forum-notes-womens-team-at-the-valley-and-takeover-update

Will we get the rest before the next meeting????
  • N01R4M said:
    Part 1 of the minutes have been published
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d91d8832d141/fans-forum-notes-womens-team-at-the-valley-and-takeover-update

No CEO to be appointed.

Not a surprise as it would cost RD money 
  • Fifth group

LDT said the group went away, then came back. He said they have gone away again but they have not officially confirmed that they have stopped the process but he added that he reads the newspapers. 

I assume this is the Dalman group he's referring to?

So many groups walking away, so many groups not closing a deal.

But the price isn't too high and it's not Duchatelet's fault; it's never his fault.

It never will be. 
  • Off_it said:
    Wow. Just read this thread from the start. 

To me it just highlights a lot of what is wrong with our fan base. Lots of self important twats posturing and point scoring about not very much. It's like watching a dick swinging contest in the land of the midget cocks. Its pathetic, really it is.
    I’d still f*****g lose ☹️
  • Fifth group

LDT said the group went away, then came back. He said they have gone away again but they have not officially confirmed that they have stopped the process but he added that he reads the newspapers. 

I assume this is the Dalman group he's referring to?

So many groups walking away, so many groups not closing a deal.

But the price isn't too high and it's not Duchatelet's fault; it's never his fault.

Fifth, though? Whom do we think were third and fourth then?. Is he implying that whoever they were, they came before Dalman? I am interested because of the bid that I know of, which made themselves known to LDT after Dalman. I would very much like to hear how he summarises that dialogue...

What an odd way for LDT to summarise it
  • At least we’ve learnt that LDT reads newspapers. That’s something. 

Barn, next meeting can you find out if he is Radio 2 man, or if he prefers something more commercial. Cheers
    I think he’s more Fab FM myself....
  • The cardinal numbers refer to previous meetings.

The fifth group was, IIRC, the British group.

The second group may have been your group @PragueAddick but someone would have to check the previous meetings.

The second group may have been your group @PragueAddick but someone would have to check the previous meetings.

Didn't you used to write for VOTV?

Remind me, what was the column called again?
  • Sponsored links:

Well, if it could be confirmed (or otherwise), that would very useful to be made public, since from what I have been told,  this bidder would be very unhappy to be characterised as: "LDT said this group has been ruled out. He said they failed in delivering the money." .

But I would be surprised, given that they appeared after Dalman in June. Would be good if we can work out whether LdT has ever referred to them. I believe he has spoken of "a European group", which might well be them, if the chronology fits. 
  • edited September 2019
    LDT has clearly identified party1 as the Aussies.
    Speculation on Charlton Life identified party 4 as @PragueAddick 's mid European group who withdrew interest, and the Dalman offer was generally thought to be party 5 "International", although some thought it might be party 2 "British"

Recap on the 5 prospective buyers - hope this helps!

From January's Fans Forum 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c36289e5bb79/takeover-update-from-this-evenings-fans-forum

LDT updated on the five parties mentioned at the previous meeting.

First party (Groups linked to the Australian consortium)

LDT confirmed that he was on the conference call mentioned by Talksport presenter Jim White earlier in the week. He said the call, which took place on Monday, included people from Australia and the United States and was to get clarification on where the group are with the deal. 

He said nothing was confirmed on the call about the takeover date. He said the main message from the call was that the complexity of their group has been reduced, which he is pleased about. 

Second party (British)

LDT said the reporting of Jim White had made the second party aware that they might miss out on the deal and had “put them into sixth gear”.  He said they have taken their time and not been rushed by the Australians and now if they want the club they have to come up with the money. 

Third party (Europeans)

LDT said that at the last Fans’ Forum the group were going to meet to discuss putting an offer on the table. He said since then no offer has been put on the table which means they are unlikely to be the new owners.

Fourth party (Europeans)

At the last meeting it was said they had to show proof of funds. LDT said they have still not shown proof of funds. 

Fifth party

The group are close to agreeing price and conditions. He said their due diligence is not complete but runs in parallel.

From April's Fans Forum
     https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cc17dab5fb84/takeover-update-from-last-nights-fans-forum

LDT updated on the five parties mentioned in the previous meeting. 

First party (Groups linked to the Australian consortium)

LDT said that they still haven’t lodged the documents with the EFL. He said during the last two weeks he’s had questions from them asking about budgets.

Second party (British)

Since a fan asked in the last Fans’ Forum meeting, they have provided a new proof of funds document.

They still, as of today, cannot bring the money to the table. He said this means they have funds to do the transaction but they haven’t done it. He said both himself and Richard Murray are in touch with them. When asked, LDT said he is still convinced they can do the deal.

LDT said party three and party four have been silent since the last meeting and for him that means they are off the table. 

Fifth party (International)

LDT said that as mentioned previously Roland Duchatelet (RD) has met the fifth party. Since the last meeting he has received an offer and agreed a price. The party have begun due diligence and are coming to the final stages of that process. The next steps after that are with the lawyers and sorting the contract. He said it is clear the party have the money and a previous experience in English football.

LDT said he has had conversations with other parties but no NDAs have been signed. 

• Ah, thanks @N01R4M. The "third party" Europeans as described above is more likely to be the one I know of, since I don't think he could claim they did not have proof of funds (per Fourth party); but at the same time, i doubt they would be happy with his characterisation of why they are no longer talking.
  • edited September 2019
    Ah, thanks @N01R4M. The "third party" Europeans as described above is more likely to be the one I know of, since I don't think he could claim they did not have proof of funds (per Fourth party); but at the same time, i doubt they would be happy with his characterisation of why they are no longer talking.
    So, why are they not "active" if its not about the money...?
  • Ah, thanks @N01R4M. The "third party" Europeans as described above is more likely to be the one I know of, since I don't think he could claim they did not have proof of funds (per Fourth party); but at the same time, i doubt they would be happy with his characterisation of why they are no longer talking.
    That is a question I would wish to ask of Mr de Turck...
    What did your contact say?
  • stonemuse said:
    N01R4M said:
    Part 1 of the minutes have been published

No CEO to be appointed.

Not a surprise as it would cost RD money 
    If CEOs cost money, why does anyone bother having them?  A good CEO, even at a medium size business, would probably pay for themselves several times over.

That said no CEO is probably better than a bad CEO. 
  • edited September 2019
    Ah, thanks @N01R4M. The "third party" Europeans as described above is more likely to be the one I know of, since I don't think he could claim they did not have proof of funds (per Fourth party); but at the same time, i doubt they would be happy with his characterisation of why they are no longer talking.
    Well it is Monday, we will all find out on Monday.

Then melt down, it was Monday wasn't it? 
  • edited September 2019
    So the “British group” who have been around nearly as long as the Australians didn’t have the money. Just fancy that.

April: “They still, as of today, cannot bring the money to the table. He said this means they have funds to do the transaction but they haven’t done it. He said both himself and Richard Murray are in touch with them. When asked, LDT said he is still convinced they can do the deal.”

• So the “British group” who have been around nearly as long as the Australians didn’t have the money. Just fancy that.
    Unlike some I have always believed they existed.  Either an expression of interest of a "British person" that couldn't buy the club until something else was done, or a "buyer of last resort" who would take the liability on but carry the debt over. 

I wouldn't like to give names to either but do you think either/both are possible? 
  • Sponsored links:

• @PragueAddick - doubtless if challenged, LdT will simply fall back on the standard excuse of having mistranslated his thoughts from Flemish to English!

The above are extracts I took from the minutes - I suggest you look at the full versions and send them to your contact in case I have inadvertently omitted something important.  There are also other FF minutes which refer to the various parties, but I quoted these here as they seemed best indicators of who the 5 parties might be.
  • Disappointed that the "Maidstone Bid" still hasn't been acknowledged, despite still being on the table (though the tin of Quality Street has a best before date of November 2019)
    Sea lioning level 4 right there
  • Same old then, RD/LDT lies and no one prepared to meet the unrealistic valuation.
  • Is this the new takeover thread?

About time we had a new one. The thread is dead, long live the thread.
  • So the “British group” who have been around nearly as long as the Australians didn’t have the money. Just fancy that.

April: “They still, as of today, cannot bring the money to the table. He said this means they have funds to do the transaction but they haven’t done it. He said both himself and Richard Murray are in touch with them. When asked, LDT said he is still convinced they can do the deal.”

Fancy that indeed. The mystery is why they were taken so seriously in the first place, or what proof of funds they could possibly have presented, given they didn’t actually have any. Or were they just a bunch of Walter Mitty-like fantasists without a pot to piss in? 
  • On the other site plus I heard it myself on sky another buyer wants Cafc maybe £50m? No other details.