Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Jonny you will be missed
  • Options
    Also these words from Kyle Andrews are lovely and pay testament to what a positive character Jonny is. 

This is absolutely fantastic; the mark of the man.  No wonder so many at CAFC loved the guy.

Bless you Jonny and good luck.

• Options
    So what is it that makes this guy so popular with the fans? Vulnerability?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    And then there were four.  Not sure that if I’d been asked to guess who from the match day squad would still be at the club a  season and a half after Wembley I’d have gone for Jake F-C, Jason P, Darren P and Ben P
  • Options
    It’s the third time that Mick has signed him, funny as they both have the same agent.
  • Options
    And then there were four.  Not sure that if I’d been asked to guess who from the match day squad would still be at the club a  season and a half after Wembley I’d have gone for Jake F-C, Jason P, Darren P and Ben P
    Morgan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A more decent person than LB. From the comments pregame from Curbs a couple of weeks ago. I think he really rated him and would have got the best from him.  All the best Jonny.
  • Options
    So what is it that makes this guy so popular with the fans? Vulnerability?
    He just comes a ross as a thoroughly decent human being, unassuming, no ego and not pretentious.  Happy with friends and family and supportive of those around him.  I may be wrong as I have never met him but that seems to be the vibe from those that have.
    Yep that’s how he is. Top bloke. 
  • Options
    Made his debut for Cardiff as a late sub tonight
  • Options
    Made his debut for Cardiff as a late sub tonight
  • Options
    Signed for his attitude & influence in the dressing room as much for his football skills imo.  Top man! 
  • Options
    Signed for his attitude & influence in the dressing room as much for his football skills imo.  Top man! 
    You can see him becoming a good coach after he retires.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    picture on Google when referring to our ex-player

Credit Getty ImagesMatthew Lewis

Jonny Williams
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Was he injured or something? 

Having to wait over a month to get on the pitch and only then does your manager stick you on when you’re 3-0 up with three minutes left...
  • Options

Having to wait over a month to get on the pitch and only then does your manager stick you on when you’re 3-0 up with three minutes left...
    Perhaps he was still crying
  • Options

Picked up a knock in his first week of training
  • Options
    MattF said:

See, it's not just us ...... players get injured in training even at other clubs.

At Charlton though, we lose half a team at the same time.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:

See, it's not just us ...... players get injured in training even at other clubs.

And they are usually out for a lot longer than a month
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:

i mean people were saying jonny was influential on the dressing room, but i had no idea it was that bad
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Wondered how his season had gone. After joining Cardiff in Jan, Jonny only started one game and finished the season having played 180 minutes. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Would have liked to have seen Williams play under Adkins - imagine he is the ideal manager for Johnny. Shame.
    Wouldn't write it off.