Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2019

1235»

Comments

• Options
    RedPanda said:
    Not heard Sky say that the tee times are being moved forward tomorrow because of weather. Think it's 1.47 Lowry will go out. Will still be windy and fairly wet but it looks like a monsoon later. I'd like to have seen that. 
    Think it will be later than that. Last group normally out after 2pm. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    RedPanda said:
    Not heard Sky say that the tee times are being moved forward tomorrow because of weather. Think it's 1.47 Lowry will go out. Will still be windy and fairly wet but it looks like a monsoon later. I'd like to have seen that. 
    Think it will be later than that. Last group normally out after 2pm. 
    At the end of the sky broadcast they said that tomorrow’s tee times will be brought forward due to the weather forecast but I can’t find any reference online to the revised times. 

Edit. Just checked the open website and the last game will be at 1347 which is earlier than scheduled. 
  • Options
    According to my weather app, rain will start around 11am and gets heavy by 5pm. 20mph+ winds throughout.

Getting the waterproofs and big brolly ready just now.
  • Options
    Definitely Lowry’s to lose now. Can’t see too many below par scores given the weather forecast. Fleetwood’s current score of -12 may be enough to win it by the end of the day tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    The only thing that can beat Lowry now is Lowry. He has previous for losing a big lead in the last round of a major and that will be in his head.  Tommy will be waiting to pounce. Someone in the pack will have a good round. I think Shane will do it. 
  • Options
    4 shots is not a massive lead particularly if the weather turns. It's imperative Lowry makes a decent start and doesn't fritter away shots.

I hope if Lowry doesn't win that it's down to someone elses good play rather than him playing badly.
  • Options
    Still got Lowry Stenson Fowler Rose & Van Rooyan in my bet to finish top 10
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Still got Lowry Stenson Fowler Rose & Van Rooyan in my bet to finish top 10
    I have still got Fleetwood, Fowler, Rose, Kuchar, Koepka and Schaffele in my bets to finish top 10. Gutted that Lowry wasn’t on my radar.
  • Options
    Now being completely ruined as a spectacle by the weather and Shane being almost out of sight. 
  • Options
    I think the weather helps.......certainly the wind does. What's spoilt it as a completion is just that.....there is no competition.  The 1st hole set the tone for the day. There could easily have been a 3 shot swing had
    Fleetwood holed his putt for a birdie & Lowry missed his bogey putt. Walking off that green with losing just 1 shot  was massive. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And as I typed the above Lowry holes a par putt & Fleetwood missed his. No stopping him now. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    McIntyre and Hatton sitting in the clubhouse with a cuppa watching the field come back towards them. They could be in the top four before much longer. 
  • Options
    Pretty happy 
    Fowler @ 33/1 10 places ew
    koepka @ 11/1 10 places ew

covers bets and gives a bit of profit 

Lowry likeable chap met him once as he comes from the same place as my other half. 

Such a margin to win by aswell.
  • Options
    Bloody hell JB Holmes shot an 87.
  • Options
    Must have taken him ages given how slow he is!
  • Options
    And Rose a 79  :'( Had him each way and it all looked good last night.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Back on train to Belfast. A bit soaked but what an excellent day. No last minute finish or turnaround but plenty to keep us well entertained. Plonked ourselves in the grandstand and stayed there overlooking the 13th/17th greens, even during the monsoon. Ole, ole, ole, ole.
  • Options
    Glad to see Shane win and he did so brilliantly. Would have preferred to see a day with the following pack all getting after him rather than getting blown away by the weather leaving just a duel with Tommy which, to be honest, after the first hole never really amounted to much. 
  • Options
    Had Lowry and Fowler e/w among other. 
    Total bet £20, paid out £80.60
  • Options
    Had a free £5 bet 365 offer this week, had £1 on Poults at 75’s, Garcia at 50’s, Zach Johnson at 160’s , Spieth at 40’s, and Lowry at 70’s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good week for me as well with an e/w on Lowry. Well done Shane.
  • Options
    A perfect example of the best man won.
  • Options
    Lowry playing out his skin.

Westwood still can’t putt.

Has there ever been a consistently horrific putter as Westwood? Staggering how many times the flat stick has let him down when contending.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:
    Lowry playing out his skin.

Westwood still can’t putt.

Has there ever been a consistently horrific putter as Westwood? Staggering how many times the flat stick has let him down when contending.
    I run him close.
  • Options

I didn't follow the last day as I had a pool comp and drinking for the day... checked account £42.50 (actually staked £50 so small loss, but always a bonus) Reed got me the return finishing 10th on his own, lucky but also I had Noren in T11, so small margins either way.

I did have Koepka to win outright, if he would have found his putter at some point he might have had a chance played a blinder up until the greens :)

I watched rounds 1-3 quite a bit of it, some good golf but probably helped by the weather which was a shame it would have been a lot more interesting if the weather turned.