Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More live Sky tv matches announced

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    I thought there might be more than 4 championship games on telly in December, could they yet still show more, or is that it?
    • Selections for 11th December to 11th January by 1st November.
    • Selections for 18th January to 1st February by 6th December.
    • Selections for 8th February to 29th February by 3rd January.
    • Selections for 7th March by 7th February.
    • Selections for 14th March and 18th March by 14th February.
    • Selections for 21st March by 21st February.
    • Selections for 28th March by 28th February.
    • Selections for 4th April by 6th March.
    • Selections for 10th April to 13th April by 13th March.
    • Selections for 18th April by 20th March.
    • Selections for 25th April by 3rd April.
    • Selections for 2nd and 3rd May by 27th April.
    • https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/
    Sky have been doing that rubbish ten games over ten days for the last year or two over the Xmas period I fear that QPR away will probably be moved. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    I thought there might be more than 4 championship games on telly in December, could they yet still show more, or is that it?
    Show this list to the train spotters & so they'll know when they can book up their tickets. No arguments then. 
    There is when your booking trains 10 weeks in advance.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clive said:
    Show this list to the train spotters & so they'll know when they can book up their tickets. No arguments then. 
    That's the risk you have to take......they're cheaper for a reason.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Sky have been doing that rubbish ten games over ten days for the last year or two over the Xmas period I fear that QPR away will probably be moved. 
    At least that game won't screw up advance train tickets or hotels like Boro, Derby or Swansea 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clive said:
    What is that reason btw?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clive said:
    The train companies price thier trains round sky sports coverage?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clive said:
    What is that reason btw?
    Seeing as I never travel outside of London by train & when I do catch one I always buy on the day........

So I'm assuming tickets are cheaper months before the date of travel because you are committing to the purchase now & that (surprise surprise) things might change between then & now meaning you have to change plans & cancel said ticket. Perhaps also they only have a limited number at a "special" price & like with hotel bookings the closer to the date you get the more expensive it becomes.
  • Options
    Advance tickets are usually available 12 weeks before departure and offer the best value but you can't get a refund if you don't travel.
  • Options
    When I saw there was recent correspondence here I was dreading all our December home games had been switched. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clive said:
    What is that reason btw?
    Seeing as I never travel outside of London by train & when I do catch one I always buy on the day........

So I'm assuming tickets are cheaper months before the date of travel because you are committing to the purchase now & that (surprise surprise) things might change between then & now meaning you have to change plans & cancel said ticket. Perhaps also they only have a limited number at a "special" price & like with hotel bookings the closer to the date you get the more expensive it becomes.
    It also allows the train companies to encourage people to choose services which are emptier. Load management algorithms drive airline pricing but are also applied to trains.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tuesday 10 December - Sky Bet Championship - Preston North End v Fulham - 7.45pm
    Wednesday 11 December - Sky Bet Championship - Birmingham City v Queens Park Rangers - 7.45pm
    Wednesday 11 December - Sky Bet Championship - Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday - 7.45pm
    Friday 13 December - Sky Bet Championship - Charlton Athletic v Hull City - 7.45pm
    Saturday 14 December - Sky Bet Championship - Birmingham City v West Bromwich Albion - 7.45pm
    Friday 20 December - Sky Bet Championship - Middlesbrough v Stoke City - 7.45pm
    Saturday 21 December - Sky Bet Championship - Cardiff City v Preston North End - 12.30pm
    Sunday 22 December - Sky Bet Championship - Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City - 12.00pm
    Monday 23 December - Sky Bet Championship - Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic - 7.45pm
    Thursday 26 December - Sky Bet Championship - Brentford v Swansea City - 3.00pm
    Thursday 26 December - Sky Bet Championship - Leeds United v Preston North End - 5.15pm 
    Thursday 26 December - Sky Bet Championship - Reading v Queens Park Rangers - 7.30pm 
    Monday 30 December - Sky Bet Championship - Derby County v Charlton Athletic - 7.45pm
    https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/domestic-efl-games/
  • Options

Wednesday 1 January - Sky Bet Championship - Millwall v Luton Town - 12.45pm
    Wednesday 1 January - Sky Bet League One - Wycombe Wanderers v Ipswich Town - 15.00pm
    Wednesday 1 January - Sky Bet Championship - West Bromwich Albion v Leeds United - 17.15pm
    Thursday 2 January - Sky Bet Championship - Derby County v Barnsley - 19.45pm
    Thursday 2 January - Sky Bet Championship - Swansea City v Charlton Athletic - 19.45pm

• Options
    clive said:
    Tuesday 10 December - Sky Bet Championship - Preston North End v Fulham - 7.45pm
    Wednesday 11 December - Sky Bet Championship - Birmingham City v Queens Park Rangers - 7.45pm
    Wednesday 11 December - Sky Bet Championship - Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday - 7.45pm
    Friday 13 December - Sky Bet Championship - Charlton Athletic v Hull City - 7.45pm
    Saturday 14 December - Sky Bet Championship - Birmingham City v West Bromwich Albion - 7.45pm
    Saturday 21 December - Sky Bet Championship - Cardiff City v Preston North End - 12.30pm
    Sunday 22 December - Sky Bet Championship - Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City - 12.00pm
    Monday 23 December - Sky Bet Championship - Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic - 7.45pm
    Thursday 26 December - Sky Bet Championship - Leeds United v Preston North End - 5.15pm 
    Thursday 26 December - Sky Bet Championship - Reading v Queens Park Rangers - 7.30pm 
    Monday 30 December - Sky Bet Championship - Derby County v Charlton Athletic - 7.45pm
    I wonder how West Midlands Police will deal with that one. A local derby played on a Saturday evening, what could go wrong...
  • Options
    Swansea going to Brentford on boxing day is a nice local fixture. Well done the FA on that one.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Swansea going to Brentford on boxing day is a nice local fixture. Well done the FA on that one.
    The FA's excuse is that they presume that no one would be interested in the fixture anyway so dont think it matters where it gets put as will be a low attendance regardless

Its why we're getting stupid midweek games with Nottingham Forest | Swansea | Huddersfield all coming to us
  • Options
    Really annoyed at Sky moving the Derby game. Was defo going to that but can't now as there as the trains back to (backwater) Lincoln don't run that late. I expect that there are others in the same boat, especially if they live outside London and have to get a connection back out of the capital.

This is not the first time I have been thwarted by sodding trains that don't run after around 10.30pm!
  • Options
    Really annoyed at Sky moving the Derby game. Was defo going to that but can't now as there as the trains back to (backwater) Lincoln don't run that late. I expect that there are others in the same boat, especially if they live outside London and have to get a connection back out of the capital.

This is not the first time I have been thwarted by sodding trains that don't run after around 10.30pm!
    Plenty of cheap hotels in Derby.
  • Options

Rest assured the club has this issue in hand.

I understand  TK has stated that no-one will have a problem getting to & from the match.

30 coaches have been hired to ensure that fans from all points of the compass will be picked up from the end of their roads & deposited back safely after the match.

Oh, and it's all free....courtesy of RD.

A sweetener before he he pockets the £3m for our Main Man in January.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    8 of our next 12 games are on Sky Sports, 6 of them at home. We have so far been on Sky Sports 4 times, 2 of them at home.

So by the middle of the season, 8 of our 13 home games would have been on Sky Sports. That’s ridiculous and what value is there for us going to the games in the prices we have or do pay?

To break it down more, by the time 3rd round FA Cup is here, we would have been on Sky Sports 12 out of our 26 league games.
  • Options
    FFS...hosting clients at the O2 on the 13th December. Feck off Sky!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I find a car helps with getting around. No need to wait in the cold & the rain ......or getting kettled by the old bill & told that you can't get off at your stop. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    I wonder how West Midlands Police will deal with that one. A local derby played on a Saturday evening, what could go wrong...
    Probably by hitting people with batons for no reason and making people get trains to london 
  • Options
    Cheers sky for moving the Hull game.... One of my rare Saturdays off to a Friday night where I have got to use leave and can't have a beer as I can't get home unless I drive into Basingstoke or stay over.... 
  • Options

I find a car helps with getting around. No need to wait in the cold & the rain ......or getting kettled by the old bill & told that you can't get off at your stop. 
    I would drive if I could but the DVLA very kindly took my license away due to my Glaucoma. As a result I am at the mercy of public transport... and that is really annoying!!
  • Options

Perhaps you can give @BexhillAddick a lift then.
    Surely the train is a more attractive proposition than that.
  • Options
    Fully understand that Sky moving games will inconvenience some people, but equally it might also work out better for others.

In the past we've moaned when we're never on Sky and that they show the likes of Leeds and others like Derby every week, but now it's us on Sky a lot and people are moaning we're on too much!
  • Options
    Saturday 11 January- Sky Bet Championship -  Brentford v Queens Park Rangers - 12.30
    Sunday 12 January - Sky Bet Championship - Cardiff City v Swansea City - 12.00
  • Options
    I personally love a friday night game. But unfortunately the gf has booked something for that evening and so i cant get there or watch it on TV.
  • Options
    I personally love a friday night game. But unfortunately the gf has booked something for that evening and so i cant get there or watch it on TV.
    referring to the derby game here