Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More live Sky tv matches announced

Comments

• Options
    bollocks was hoping for us vs millwall to be on the box as am in lanzarote for the fixture, surely wont be a 3pm saturday ko
    It blinking better be
    cant see the police allowing it if im honest, although chelsea palace is the early kick off that day. 

• Options
    edited October 2019

November

Friday 1 November - Sky Bet Championship - Barnsley v Bristol City - 7.45pm
    Saturday 2 November - Sky Bet Championship - Wigan Athletic v Swansea City - 12.30pm
    Sunday 3 November - Sky Bet Championship - Charlton Athletic v Preston North End - 12.00pm
    Monday 4 November - Sky Bet Championship Stoke City v West Bromwich Albion - 8.00pm
    Saturday 9 November - Sky Bet Championship - Nottingham Forest v Derby County - 12.30pm
    Sunday 10 November - Sky Bet Championship - Cardiff City v Bristol City - 12.00pm
    Sunday 17 November - Sky Bet League One - Tranmere Rovers v Wycombe Wanderers - 12pm
    Friday 22 November - Sky Bet Championship - Fulham v Queens Park Rangers - 7.45pm
    Saturday 23 November - Sky Bet Championship - Charlton Athletic v Cardiff City - 12.30pm
    Sunday 24 November - Sky Bet Championship - Middlesbrough v Hull City - 12.00pm
    Tuesday 26 November - Sky Bet Championship - Reading v Leeds United - 8.00pm
    Wednesday 27 November - Sky Bet Championship - West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City - 8.00pm
    Wednesday 27 November - Sky Bet Championship - Queens Park Rangers v Nottingham Forest - 7.45pm
    Friday 29 November - Sky Bet Championship - Swansea City v Fulham - 7.45pm
    Saturday 30 November - Sky Bet Championship - Charlton Athletic v Sheffield Wednesday - 12.30pm

December

Monday 2 December - Preston North End v West Bromwich Albion - 7.45pm

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/domestic-efl-games/

• Options
    Blimey. Only 1 Leeds game. No doubt preparing for the last par of the season where they will show Leeds at home and away ever week !
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Blimey. Only 1 Leeds game. No doubt preparing for the last par of the season where they will show Leeds at home and away ever week !

Bielsa's obviously had a word with Sky......
  • Options
    I gave up my season ticket in 2016 so obviously the more games that are live on Sky the better for me. But even I think this is bonkers.

So far we've had 2 mid-week home games live on Sky. I think I'm right in saying there are 2 more mid-week home games this season which will also be televised. We've now also got another 3 other games on live. So that's 7 in total already. Looks likely that at least another 1 or 2 will be shown, meaning that over a third of our home games will be shown live.

A season ticket for my old seat is now about £500. I'd be mightily cheesed off if I'd paid that given the number of home games being shown live. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I gave up my season ticket in 2016 so obviously the more games that are live on Sky the better for me. But even I think this is bonkers.

So far we've had 2 mid-week home games live on Sky. I think I'm right in saying there are 2 more mid-week home games this season which will also be televised. We've now also got another 3 other games on live. So that's 7 in total already. Looks likely that at least another 1 or 2 will be shown, meaning that over a third of our home games will be shown live.

A season ticket for my old seat is now about £500. I'd be mightily cheesed off if I'd paid that given the number of home games being shown live. 
    Yeah two more midweek games left at the Valley (at the moment anyway) which'll at least be shown on the red button

Huddersfield (Tues 10th Dec) | Queens Park Rangers (Tues 17th Mar)

Not including those midweek games; SKY have to cover a team @ home twice each season... Effectively they dont actually have to show a single Charlton game (originally on a weekend) for the rest of the season now as they've already got us booked in for three Weekend matches at the Valley - You'd expect us to be shown in 2020 though - At least its more coverage than what we got a few years ago which (if I'm right) one year involved the single South London Derby against Millwall

But then that information is no secret so if people did their research prior to buying a ST they'd have known that six home games would be shown by SKY (minimum) this season
  • Options
    So all three home games in November have been moved from 3pm Saturday. 
  • Options
    Whoever the team is, 3 consecutive home games on the box is ridiculous.

I'd like to know how the schedulers came to this decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Being at the games means I haven’t seen us on the box so far but I suspect charlton at home is a good TV game, both to show and watch, because the football is good to watch, the ground won’t look empty, there has been a good away turnout (for Forest and Swansea) and the atmosphere is great. Wait until today’s game is shown and nearly 2,000 charlton fans have constantly been making a lot of noise for 96 minutes and watch our away games start to get picked for live matches as well
  • Options
    clive said:
    Sky have announced live EFL tv games until the end of October

Friday 4 October - Sky Bet Championship - Birmingham City v Middlesbrough - 19.45
    Saturday 5 October - Sky Bet Championship - Fulham v Charlton Athletic - 12.30
    Monday 7 October - Sky Bet Championship - Bolton Wanderers v Blackpool - 20.00
    Sunday 13 October - Sky Bet League One - Coventry City v Tranmere Rovers  -  12:00
    Friday 18 October - Sky Bet Championship - Cardiff City v Sheffield Wednesday - 19.45
    Saturday 19 October - Sky Bet Championship - Blackburn Rovers v Huddersfield Town - 12.30
    Sunday 20 October - Sky Bet League One - Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town - 12.00
    Sunday 20 October - Sky Bet Championship - Wigan Athletic v Nottingham Forest - 14.00
    Tuesday 22 October - Sky Bet Championship - Queens Park Rangers v Reading - 19.45
    Tuesday 22 October - Sky Bet Championship - Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke City 19.45 Co-exclusive
    Wednesday 23 October - Sky Bet Championship - Huddersfield Town v Middlesbrough - 19.45pm
    Saturday 26 October - Sky Bet Championship - Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds United - 12.30pm
    Sunday 27 October - Sky Bet Championship - Swansea City v Cardiff City - 12.00pm
    Monday 28 October - Sky Bet Championship - Queens Park Rangers v Brentford - 19:45pm

Am I reading that right
    Leeds only on once, What is going on
    All their matches will be on the new ‘Sky Sports Leeds’ channel.
    The channel will also provide live footage of the upcoming opponents behind closed doors training sessions.
    That explains a lot. I’m just switching to Sky and ordered the sports package and I’m sure they said something about having HD Leeds...
  • Options

Being at the games means I haven’t seen us on the box so far but I suspect charlton at home is a good TV game, both to show and watch, because the football is good to watch, the ground won’t look empty, there has been a good away turnout (for Forest and Swansea) and the atmosphere is great. Wait until today’s game is shown and nearly 2,000 charlton fans have constantly been making a lot of noise for 96 minutes and watch our away games start to get picked for live matches as well
    Providing they manage to all leave the party boats!
  • Options
    the quality of the red button coverage was very poor I thought, only just above Valley Pass as less hassle, but not above iFollow, and why dont we get UHD for the main 12:30 live games, tsk!
  • Options
    i notice the bias of SKY against showing our away games because the Valley is so convenient for them I guess, only Fulham is the exception, which I guess must be even more convenient, not impressed..
  • Options
    razil said:
    the quality of the red button coverage was very poor I thought, only just above Valley Pass as less hassle, but not above iFollow, and why dont we get UHD for the main 12:30 live games, tsk!
    I thought it was alright on Wednesday. Considering it was one camera, one commentator and no replays, it was still better than trying to rely on an iffy internet connection.
  • Options

December

Friday 6 December - Millwall v Nottingham Forest - 7:45pm

Saturday 7 December - Huddersfield Town v Leeds United - 12:30pm

Sunday 8 December - West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City - 12:00pm

• Options
    Blinding 
  • Options
    Christmas comes early... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Blinding 
    Disappointed it's not on tele, I was hoping to watch this game.
  • Options
    Have I missed why it’s good?
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Have I missed why it’s good?
    Because quite a few have booked the train for boro and then onto a mates in shibden
  • Options
    clive said:

December

Friday 6 December - Millwall v Nottingham Forest - 7:45pm

Saturday 7 December - Huddersfield Town v Leeds United - 12:30pm

Sunday 8 December - West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City - 12:00pm

Would have much preferred our lunchtime games had been switched to Friday night, Millwall got lucky there, a much better time for the home side
  • Options
    When I saw there was recent correspondence here I was dreading all our December home games had been switched. 
  • Options
    I thought there might be more than 4 championship games on telly in December, could they yet still show more, or is that it?
  • Options
    I thought there might be more than 4 championship games on telly in December, could they yet still show more, or is that it?
    Will probably show more as thats only for the first week in December
  • Options
    Will probably show more as thats only for the first week in December
    Ah ok, thanks very much.
  • Options
    • Selections for 11th December to 11th January by 1st November.
    • Selections for 18th January to 1st February by 6th December.
    • Selections for 8th February to 29th February by 3rd January.
    • Selections for 7th March by 7th February.
    • Selections for 14th March and 18th March by 14th February.
    • Selections for 21st March by 21st February.
    • Selections for 28th March by 28th February.
    • Selections for 4th April by 6th March.
    • Selections for 10th April to 13th April by 13th March.
    • Selections for 18th April by 20th March.
    • Selections for 25th April by 3rd April.
    • Selections for 2nd and 3rd May by 27th April.
    • https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/
  • Options
    clive said:
    • Selections for 11th December to 11th January by 1st November.
    • Selections for 18th January to 1st February by 6th December.
    • Selections for 8th February to 29th February by 3rd January.
    • Selections for 7th March by 7th February.
    • Selections for 14th March and 18th March by 14th February.
    • Selections for 21st March by 21st February.
    • Selections for 28th March by 28th February.
    • Selections for 4th April by 6th March.
    • Selections for 10th April to 13th April by 13th March.
    • Selections for 18th April by 20th March.
    • Selections for 25th April by 3rd April.
    • Selections for 2nd and 3rd May by 27th April.
    • https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/
    Show this list to the train spotters & so they'll know when they can book up their tickets. No arguments then.