Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Options
    Bye bye
  • Options
    When Lockyer leaves I assume we'll be able to bring in another player
  • Options
    edited August 2020
     Don’t know if it’s true or not but have heard he is in talks with QPR and is close to signing.  
  • Options
    Nobody any better than Lockyer I suspect.

Also means we'll be vulnerable to losing Washington and Williams to international call ups unless we pull another international out of the bag.
  • Options
    Matthews is starting today, maybe Bowyer has already discussed with Matthews about using Lockyers wages to cover his, hence why he is able to start
    I was thinking more of the squad number restriction where we currently aren't allowed to bring anyone in. Once we lose one, we can bring one in
  • Options
    Matthews is starting today, maybe Bowyer has already discussed with Matthews about using Lockyers wages to cover his, hence why he is able to start
    I was thinking more of the squad number restriction where we currently aren't allowed to bring anyone in. Once we lose one, we can bring one in
    Could be the same thing though, Lockyer leaves meaning we can bring in Matthews

Seeing that Quitarna is a Senior player though I bet we're still over our 23-man team
  • Options

Seeing that Quitarna is a Senior player though I bet we're still over our 23-man team
    I doubt Matthews would accept £1300 a week though...
  • Options

I doubt Matthews would accept £1300 a week though...
    True, thats the other issue, unless we can be clever with it

e.g. Contract says £1.3k yet clause which takes it to X amount when a takeover is complete
  • Options
    Lockyer joining Luton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:
    Lockyer joining Luton.
    If true that is a poor move. He better have a relegation release clause written in to his contract again. 
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    Lockyer joining Luton.
    Where have you seen that?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    Lockyer joining Luton.
    Where have you seen that?
    On Twitter so could be poop.
  • Options
    Bottom half championship is his level. Would’ve been decent in league one but oh well.

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Bottom half championship is his level. Would’ve been decent in league one but oh well.

Agree, good player for where we are and useful for the Championship, but one we should be able to replace.
  • Options
    I think Lockyer played on adrenaline a lot last season what with it being the best standard he’s reached, it’s not a massive loss but that’s not to say he’s no good, did brilliant for us when we were up against it.  I think that’s about his level struggling championship. 
  • Options
    Sad to see him go, but it was inevitable. Will there still be people on here claiming he's better than Bauer once he's left the club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    To be honest, much like people seemed to imagine Sarr made too many mistakes (wrongly in my opinion), I always thought Lockyer was too error prone. League One is his level for me and seeing as we are in League One, the squad is weakened by his departure but I'd rather have Pratley playing there. 

Glad we can have Matthews as a result. But we do now need a centre half. One would probably do as we do have Pearce when he gets fit.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Much rather we kept Matthews over Lockyer. This is good news in my opinion. 

Just hope we offer longer than 1 year
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Losing players to Luton. Get this takeover done FFS.
    We didn't lose him to Luton. We lost him to a team in a higher division. That team could have been Forest (like Taylor). What you should concern yourself about is that he had a clause in his contract that he could leave for nothing if he got relegated. No incentive for him to make a last ditch tackle knowing that a goal against could mean relegation & ££££ for him. 
    Luton though golfie...
  • Options
    Strange move for him as I can see them struggling to stay up next season. Thought he would've been aiming a little higher than Luton
  • Options
    Strange move for him as I can see them struggling to stay up next season. Thought he would've been aiming a little higher than Luton
    Think he needs to play in the Championship to keep his starting berth for Wales what with the Euros now next summer

So with all other options now pretty much gone he's had no real choice
  • Options
    Probably aimed higher but one of the articles said other interest ended. Upper League 1 and lower Championship looks like his level to me.