Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• edited August 2020
    You'd think that having "handed in his notice" that he's got something else lined up - It just cant be announced due the terms of his deal at present with us

Would be like me or you resigning from our current role because we're confident of finding something else yet then going back to our current employer before the month is up because we couldnt find anywhere

I would be delighted but very surprised if it isnt the case 
    Has he handed in his notice or is it just that he's exercised a clause allowing him to move within a period of time IF he wants to?
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-tom-lockyer-activates-release-clause-at-charlton-athletic/

So he's got the month to find something new or becomes a free agent, if he doesnt want to become a free agent he can stay with Charlton (but guess he wont be allowed to leave for free) 
  • LTKapal said:
    Us
    Was that a reply to my question re who he’s training with? If so great thanks. 
  • We will find out soon enough

If he has something else lined up and is leaving at the end of the months notice, then no way does Bowyer play him in the friendlies, no point playing someone who wont be here.

If he plays the friendlies then I would imagine Bowyer expects him to stay 
  • I do think it’s odd how we’ve not been linked with a single centre half yet, despite losing Sarr and Lockyer activating his release clause.

Based on that wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up staying.
  • I do think it’s odd how we’ve not been linked with a single centre half yet, despite losing Sarr and Lockyer activating his release clause.

Have we lost Sarr tho lol.

Hasnt TS said that when he takes over he is keen to resign Naby, although I doubt Naby would take the League One wage cap.

Maybe TS could say to him sign a 1 year deal then if we get promoted we will offer a better deal next year in the Championship lol

Have we lost Sarr tho lol.

Hasnt TS said that when he takes over he is keen to resign Naby, although I doubt Naby would take the League One wage cap.

Maybe TS could say to him sign a 1 year deal then if we get promoted we will offer a better deal next year in the Championship lol
    According the club we have lost Sarr, so if you’re going on what’s actually happened that’s where we are.  But who knows there could be a CB training with us as we speak.
  • If TL's had the feintist whiff of another opportunity, we'd have heard about it, this stuff always comes out.  "Moderate defender considering move to upper 3rd tier/lower 2nd tier club from newly relegated 3rd tier Charlton" not gonna be making any headlines is he?  Safe to assume his 19/20 Championship salary is well north of the new L1 capped figure.  I'd be fascinated to find out if by activating his "get out of Dodge free card" he casts off his old Charlton salary and opens up the possibility of getting bumped down to the new capped level when he skulks back to SE9 with his tail between his legs.  Don't spose anyone on here has that sort of gen?  There's no chance roly's walnut sized football brain would have been so creative - here's hoping SG's was.
  • If TL's had the feintist whiff of another opportunity, we'd have heard about it, this stuff always comes out.  "Moderate defender considering move to upper 3rd tier/lower 2nd tier club from newly relegated 3rd tier Charlton" not gonna be making any headlines is he?  Safe to assume his 19/20 Championship salary is well north of the new L1 capped figure.  I'd be fascinated to find out if by activating his "get out of Dodge free card" he casts off his old Charlton salary and opens up the possibility of getting bumped down to the new capped level when he skulks back to SE9 with his tail between his legs.  Don't spose anyone on here has that sort of gen?  There's no chance roly's walnut sized football brain would have been so creative - here's hoping SG's was.
    Think I read his contract had a relegation clause in it which reduced his salary. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thats surely not Lockyer?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Thats surely not Lockyer?
    Looks more like the new fella. Washington.
    It is
  • So he had to activate it by a certain date otherwise he couldn't leave for free, doesnt mean his mind was made up yet
  • Sponsored links:

• He's going to look a right wally if no one comes in for him and he stays with us.
  • So he had to activate it by a certain date otherwise he couldn't leave for free, doesnt mean his mind was made up yet
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-tom-lockyer-activates-release-clause-at-charlton-athletic/
  • kentred2 said:
    LTKapal said:
    Us
    Was that a reply to my question re who he’s training with? If so great thanks. 
    Yes sorry, as I understand it still training with us atm
  • He's going to look a right wally if no one comes in for him and he stays with us.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to stay but his agent activated the clause just incase a championship club came in with a decent wage offer
    Exactly, I doubt he's desperate to leave and open to the possibility of staying but in the current situation he'd be foolish not to activate the clause on the off chance a Championship team does come in.

He loses nothing by activating it and could potentially get a pay rise. If no-one does come in he's not lost anything.
    Not really, he is only keeping his options open. All he has done is activate a clause

no difference to you or I phoning a recruitment agency and asking what’s going on in the market. The only difference is that he is in a high profile job where him activating the clause makes headlines
  • He is there training