Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury 2019

Comments

• Options
    If you like African music I saw BCUC last year and they were fantastic - just voices, bass and percussion; angry militant and funky and on at 16:00 on Friday. 
  • Options
    Don’t do what me and @Les Berrys Tash did in 1990. We’d been warned that checks for substances would be thorough so didn’t bother taking anything. Sampled some that were on sale and they were crap. He ended up by 4 acid tabs off some girl who was off her face for next to nothing. We assumed they’d be shit so necked 2 each and thought nothing more about it. After about half an hour or so they kicked in and we were off our tits for hours. 
  • Options
    Don’t do what me and @Les Berrys Tash did in 1990. We’d been warned that checks for substances would be thorough so didn’t bother taking anything. Sampled some that were on sale and they were crap. He ended up by 4 acid tabs off some girl who was off her face for next to nothing. We assumed they’d be shit so necked 2 each and thought nothing more about it. After about half an hour or so they kicked in and we were off our tits for hours. 
    I think we need a thread on being mashed at festivals. So many that I can remember and a fair few I cant cant recall. One involving us somehow re-pitcing our tent inside the woman's shower area and waking up to stewards telling us this isent a designated camping area. Another would be when me and a mate were out of it and apparently chased Calvin Harris around with a stick singing a ting tings song that's not my name thinking it was his single. This was at 10 in the morning. 
  • Options
    Good to see that 3 local acts (from Hastings) will be there. Can recommend Sister Susie if your there.

God bless you
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Idles are by far the best live band around at moment so strongly recommend seeing them 
    I saw Idles this year, I love their music and the message in their songs, their last album is brilliant but I didn't think they were anything special live
  • Options
    I still haven’t got over not being allowed to go to the Isle of Wight festival in ‘69. Festivals were radical and slightly scary back then, but seem a bit mainstream now. Have been to Glastonbury two or three times for work, and even appeared on the main stage once, in the mid nineties. But I was staying in a nice hotel :-)
  • Options
    Speaking of IOW Festival. Was anyone on here there the other week? I came out of the loo area smashed one afternoon and saw someone in a Charlton jacket, started tapping the badge & figured it'd be a good idea to start singing VFR! If you're reading this, apologies!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Good to see that 3 local acts (from Hastings) will be there. Can recommend Sister Susie if your there.
    Susie will be performing in the Rocket Lounge....on all 5 days. She is very talented and mainly does a bit of rock n roll and blues.  She hails from the north (Alnwick, Northumberland) but has lived in Hastings for a good few years now.
  • Options

Snow Patrol have pulled out of Glastonbury Festival just days before they were due to take to the stage at Worthy Farm.

The band announced on Twitter that they would be cancelling their European shows as guitarist Johnny McDaid required surgery to his neck.

Glastonbury Festival confirmed that this would mean the cancellation of their set at the world-famous music event, which was due to take place on Friday (June 28) at 6.30pm on the Other Stage.

The band tweeted: "Our dear brother Johnny McDaid has been experiencing neck pain & requires surgery.

"Along with Nathan, we need to give our brothers time to heal & recover and are sorry to announce the cancellation of European shows. We hope you understand."

The festival went on to state that the slot would now be taken by rock band The Charlatans.

• Options
    can't stand snow patrol.  That chasing cars song winds me right up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The park stage. Saturday. Hot chip. Will be awesome.
  • Options
    Sleaford mods, in shangri la on the Truth stage 
  • Options
    Stormzy sweating like a pig but he is quality
  • Options
    ......and then Chris Martin turned up. Dog shit. 
  • Options
    ......and then Chris Martin turned up. Dog shit. 
    Yeah I’m no grime fan but it’s better than all the slow shite
  • Options
    Amazing
  • Options
    The blokes an absolute unit as well 
  • Options
    Needs a belt though
  • Options
    I must be getting old . Absolute shite 
    Shut up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    15 odd years ago when I first heard grime music via rince fm. rascal, roll deep,Wiley etc though I liked it I actually thought it would of had it's day by now. Obviously not. 
  • Options
    I am sitting watching whilst drinking tea and eating choc digestives. Thought Stormzy was great. Didn’t understand most of it but great. 🤗
  • Options
    Not really a grime fan but there is something mesmeric about Stormzy. 
    Really do like his Blinded by Your Grace, Part 2. Think that he's quite versatile. 
  • Options
    I just wish they wouldn't keep on about Stormzy like some kind of narrative they want to fit, he's up there because he deserves to be not because of the colour of his skin. I wasn't keen on Jay-Z headlining and even less so Kanye as I didn't think they got it, Stormzy however definitely gets it. 

I see Gerry Cinnamon is playing the John Peel stage at 2pm today.Someone fucked up there putting him on in a tent early afternoon, it'll be ridiculously packed for that.
  • Options
    Charlatans were quality.
  • Options
    Glastonbury started going downhill as soon as the Pink Fairies stopped doing alternative free concerts outside the fence.😁
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    I just wish they wouldn't keep on about Stormzy like some kind of narrative they want to fit, he's up there because he deserves to be not because of the colour of his skin. I wasn't keen on Jay-Z headlining and even less so Kanye as I didn't think they got it, Stormzy however definitely gets it. 

I see Gerry Cinnamon is playing the John Peel stage at 2pm today.Someone fucked up there putting him on in a tent early afternoon, it'll be ridiculously packed for that.
    But it is significant that he’s up there at all. Black British musicians/actors are statistically over represented in the U.K. entertainment industry, but very underrepresented in scenarios like this - in fact Stormzy was the first solo Black British artist to headline Glastonbury ever. There’s nothing wrong with recognising milestones like that - especially as he proved that he has the talent to be up there on merit.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    My last memory was of my one (and definately only) visit to Glastonbury the late great Malcolm Hardee comparing the comedy tent at about 2am. Funny as.