Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury 2019

Comments

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    good spot for the end of the show, show!o
    Just seen you on my telebox xxxx
  • Options
    Samaritan’s must be inundated tonight never got this lot thank god 
    Broing as fck, good singer but jeez. 
    Don’t get it mate proper shite this 
    bloody hell, did you two both lose your remotes? 
  • Options
    The The Cure are shit and boring as fuck
  • Options
    Even Bananarama were playing, Jeez, thought they were consigned to Butlins and cruise ships.  Where do they draw line?  Timmy Mallet and the Birdy song?  Seems like anything goes
  • Options
    It is the fourth time they have headlined Glastonbury....
    Different festival nowadays. 

Wouldn't see acts such as Anne-Marie, Miley Cyrus, George Ezra in festivals of old. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Robert Smith has the physique of a 65 year old lady who has drowned in the bath.
    Sounds like a Cure lyric.
  • Options

Last time The Cure headlined
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s the most depressed I have felt in decades 
  • Options
    Robert Smith does still have a great voice but that doesn't mean that the songs are any good. Found it all much of a muchness and nothing to get the crowd excited. Not the way to finish a festival. 
  • Options
    The Cure are a huge band with a big following, they walloped BST last year. 

I'd love to see Iron Maiden or Green Day headline it. Green Day could fill 3 hours easily and not run out of petrol 

Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds are another who could do this too. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    I just wish they wouldn't keep on about Stormzy like some kind of narrative they want to fit, he's up there because he deserves to be not because of the colour of his skin. I wasn't keen on Jay-Z headlining and even less so Kanye as I didn't think they got it, Stormzy however definitely gets it. 

I see Gerry Cinnamon is playing the John Peel stage at 2pm today.Someone fucked up there putting him on in a tent early afternoon, it'll be ridiculously packed for that.
    What is it that Stormzy "gets"?  @buckshee
    Genuine question.
    I'm speaking as a fogey with no appreciation of his genre and I am genuinely interested to know what he brings to the table of contemporary British music.

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Martin Mull
  • Options
    I agree they are probably not a headline act for Glasto and they've never been a band to get the crowd excited as such.

A bit like Kings of Leon, they just play and the fans tend to stand, listen & sing along, rather than going crazy.

I have to say they made a strange selection of not well known songs tonight, unlike when I've seen them & they've played 3 hours of non stop hits. 
  • Options
    Mike Skinner is a performer, if I'm not mistaken that is Rob Harvey from The Music playing guitar for him too. They were an incredible band, I saw them a few times and came out absolutely exhausted every time and buzzing
  • Options
    I agree they are probably not a headline act for Glasto and they've never been a band to get the crowd excited as such.

A bit like Kings of Leon, they just play and the fans tend to stand, listen & sing along, rather than going crazy.

I have to say they made a strange selection of not well known songs tonight, unlike when I've seen them & they've played 3 hours of non stop hits. 
    The more well known songs are classics and are more upbeat than the earlier less known songs. A good finish if painful for most of the set.
    I'd certainly rather watch Kings of Leon! 
  • Options
    The Streets. 
    Brilliant. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apart from the love cats, I’m struggling to recall which ‘hits’ they didn’t play ? 
  • Options

Apart from the love cats, I’m struggling to recall which ‘hits’ they didn’t play ? 

I think he was probably more referring to the songs that people are not familiar with. I just found the setlist and there are indeed a few songs I assume not well-known among general music fans. For example, Burn, included in the "Join the Dots" 4-disc compilation boxset of B-sides and rarities. I like the song very much but doubt many people who are not Cure fans have heard it before. From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea is great but too long for a festival audience. The encore is full of catchy upbeat hits though.

• Options

Last time The Cure headlined
    I've been to Glastonbury twelve times and 95 was still the best year for me.
  • Options
    A day that Alex will always remember, if he can remember.
  • Options
    Just watched The Killers' Mr Brightside before coming across a clip of their performance at Glastonbury in 2005. Brandon Flowers seems to have aged really well. The only noticeable difference about him between then and now is the eyeliners😂 Now I think he looked weird with those eyeliners although I had the complete opposite opinion back then 😂
  • Options
    Love that. 
  • Options

Apart from Love Cats I am struggling to recall any of their hits 
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Kylie smashing it. Same age as me total teenage crush.
    LOL...Gave her 5 mins and now I'm back listening to the cricket.
    There’s no way you’d give her 5 minutes mate. 
    More to the point, there’s no way she’d give Hastings 5 seconds let alone 5 minutes!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Apart from Love Cats I am struggling to recall any of their hits 
    Just looked at their Greatest Hits album and also no Boys Don’t Cry and Friday I’m in Love. 

They must be the headliner of the last 20 years  I have had the least exposure to. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Love that. 
    Shame he was a plant