Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**BREAKING NEWS (AGAIN) Lee Bowyer signs new contract**

Comments

• JJ etc?.
  • Cant be much compo on a 1 year deal worth peanuts 
  • edited June 2019
    Off_it said:
    So are people now going to re-buy the season tickets they sent back yesterday?
    Give it a rest 
  • If the BBC or any Tv company had any initiative you could make a very  good soap opera out of The recent History of Charlton Athletic FC.
  • Belgian public transport puts ours to shame. Took less time to get from the Eurostar to St Truiden and back than one way from beckenham to st Pancras. Remarkable how much furious English a decrepit europrat can understand when he wants to, huh?
  • Redhenry said:
    Phew......
    Apologies for my rants at you last night but it had been a stressful day after a stressful 5 years ! Still not sure if you are ITK or have a crystal ball but whatever !

It's a 10 from me and MOM.
  • Thank fuck for that.

But the last 24 hours does give an extra insight into RD as businessman, and probably explains why we have yet to be sold. You really couldn’t make it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• My guess is that Bowyer was always going to sign a new deal , but quite rightly was trying to get the best deal possible for himself.  Roland issued that ridiculous statement to force Bowyer''s hand & Bowyer blinked first 
    The way I read it, Roland blinked first when he issued that statement. It basically said the deal was almost there and there’s a little bit more on the table, let’s do it.
  • Simonsen said:
    Good news to wake up to, was fuming yesterday. Maybe being too positive but genuinely believe a takeover is close. I think the buyer has given the green light for the deal. IF they wanted to sack Bowyer it would be minimal compensation and so have given Roland approval to offer the deal. 

I think you might be right there. A new owner knows some time will elapse before he can get control so needs a good manager in the meantime to keep things ticking.
    Aussies want to keep Bowyer, but didn’t have a hand in this. 
  • Roland you little tease....
  • He obviously didn’t write today’s statement/quotes etc
  • I'm still stunned from yesterday's statement. Huge relief this morning, happy Lee's here for another year. 
    Supporting this club has never been easy and I'm afraid until he sells this isn't the last time we'll be scratching our heads thinking WTF just happened!!! 

What (possibly) just happened was RD called LB's bluff and got him to negotiate without the agent. LB has gone high and RD has gone low but has now probably upped his offer by giving LB, the agent's cut. LB wanted to stay and needed a bit of protection in case a new owner wanted to bring his own manager in. The new owner needs someone decent in the interim at least, to keep things steady and get on with preparing the team for the new season. This deal works for everyone.
  • His ego wrote the rant and went to bed.LB spoke to Roland last night and signed the contract------- the ego won't be happy when it takes over again and lashes out in some way 

• I’m frigging lost for words. All I can think is that someone has had a word with him (new owners) and told him a few home truths about securing the assets prior to sale and he’s come to his senses. Let’s pray that this takeover goes through sooner rather than later. The damage this man is doing st the moment is immeasurable 
  • Oh SoundAsa£ said:
    Other things going on today with another Charlton stalwart that have also taken up a huge chunk of my thoughts and emotions.
    When I saw this thread I just had a few tears in my eyes believe it or not, stressful time for me today, like being on a roller coaster.....my emotions are certainly stretched, that’s for sure!
    Regarding that more personal Addicks related note, I’m looking for some other good news of a very different nature later on today.
    Sometimes football isn't the priority. Before long Roland will do something to piss us all off again and the euphoria of Bowyer signing will be tomorrows chip wrapping. Hope whoever it is you're thinking of SoundAsa£, gets the news both you and they are hoping for. 

As an aside is anyone now going to back Lee and buy a season ticket or still wait until the new owner puts pen to paper?

• Absolutely made up with this news
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute bobbins of a club
  • I see that most of the launderettes in the south east have had to close temporarily due to an unprecedented influx of customers wanting to wash the pants they had shit the previous day.
  • What a strange 12 hours. A number of possibilities present themselves:

1.  RD issues his bonkers statement whilst dementedly angry and Lee blinked. 

2.  The prospective new owners tapped either or both of LB and RD on the shoulder and something was hastily sorted out to get us through the next few weeks until completion. 

3. News of @NapaAddick and his self imposed exile from CL reached LB and he just couldn’t take it and signed up. 

Whatever the case, the soap opera that is Charlton under the loony tunes owner rolls along. I suspect we are not done yet.....

I believe Gallen had already agreed a deal. However I guess him putting pen to paper hinged on Bowyer. 
    I believe Gallen had already agreed a deal. However I guess him putting pen to paper hinged on Bowyer. 
    Phew... Gallen is just as important as Bowyer in my eyes, to lose one of them would be bad, to lose them both would be a disaster
  • This should be a celebration but my overwhelming feelings are of relief and confusion.
  • What’s the betting that Roland has put the deal together but has agreed to sell someone to pay for it, or he’ll offer JJ/Marshall greatly reduced terms & then blame Bowyer for using the budget up 
  • edited June 2019
    I’m still adamant that a buyer has got involved in this. No way is this just a simple 24 hr turnaround 
  • Bizzare couple of days.....happy he has signed but essential now shitweasil leaves asap.