Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**BREAKING NEWS (AGAIN) Lee Bowyer signs new contract**

Comments

• You don't have to be a Graphologist to be able to identify something Roland has written from something he hasn't.
    I'm not a Graphologist, but I'll have a good look
  • Hilarious. But also amazing. We're still in the shit while Roland is here, but at least we have Lee.
  • Great news, just checked my blood pressure, it has come back down to normal now
  • Roland is - amongst all other things - completely totally and utterly batshit crazy.

I think the guy is actually mentally ill. 

Either that or old age is affecting his thought processes.

It reminds me of Bernie Ecclestone having to step down from F1 after he started coming up with ideas like sprinkler systems on the tracks to artificially give wet races.

Roland isn’t just a few sandwiches short though - he’s missing the whole Warburtons factory from his picnic 
  • It’s vindictive this decision is not of the RD making this has come from behind the potential take over 

the Rat needs to have some pest control and right now it’s coming from outside the club 

• You don't have to be a Graphologist to be able to identify something Roland has written from something he hasn't.
    I'm not a Graphologist, but I'll have a good look
    I hope that is the right word! It just came from nowhere!
  • I wonder how Roland will reason this with his pal Jim White this morning. 
  • What a rollercoaster and the players ain’t even back from holiday yet... wow. 
  • Roland’s motive is probably compensation when Derby come sniffing.

And it protects LB a bit if a new owner wants a new manager.
  • New owners told Roland that Bowyer staying is a prerequisite for the deal to go through?? Pure speculation but the sudden change was dramatic.
  • Sponsored links:

• I do wonder if the owners have paid for the contract. 
  • I suspected the call had already happened - if that was the case events may have intervened. 
  • It’s vindictive this decision is not of the RD making this has come from behind the potential take over 

the Rat needs to have some pest control and right now it’s coming from outside the club 

That is the only logical conclusion (I know, logic is not a close associate of two shits).

We must be close to exorcising him from our club.
  • I have not slept last night,walking round the house,fuming,to be greeted with this news this morning has renewed my optimism for the season to come,now lets try and keep the out of contract players and get some of last seasons loanees back (RD is still a tosser but hopefully will slowly fade out of the picture)
    He will blame everything on Bowyer and tell Jim that Bowyer agreed to a new (lower) offer. Jim will lap it up.
  • What is telling is it is obvious Roland didn't write the piece on the website. 
    That statement was straight from the horse's mouth mate 

Is he still going on the show?
  • Unbelievable. I nearly fell in a heap reading about this complete about face turn. 

Please please let Roland go away and spend his millions making someone else unhappy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good news to wake up to, was fuming yesterday. Maybe being too positive but genuinely believe a takeover is close. I think the buyer has given the green light for the deal. IF they wanted to sack Bowyer it would be minimal compensation and so have given Roland approval to offer the deal. 

I think you might be right there. A new owner knows some time will elapse before he can get control so needs a good manager in the meantime to keep things ticking.
  • You do wonder how the calls between the current owner and prespective ones went after the statement came out yesterday
  • Reckon the old Belgian penned two press releases and someone put the wrong one up yesterday. 
  • I think Mrs D gave Roland an earful last night when he got home as they sat eating their dinner.
    It can be the only reason why that idiot came to his senses.
  • He had to change his mind as the other two signings were photographed last week alongside Bowyer and they had no other pictures.........
  • Not read all posts, so forgive me if I am repeating - adding to the surreal quality of the past 24 hours is that the rambling post from the madman yesterday is still on the OS below this announcement...  
  • The optimistic way to look at this is that potential new owners had a word last night and that’s what got this turned around etc.

The more realistic situation - Bowyer accepted the original offer as deep down he wanted to stay. 

I don’t think this news can be read into to suggest that a Takeover is actually happening or not happening.
  • I don't get why people think that Roland has capitulated.  He may have, but he may also have been reading Trump's book The Art of the Deal, cos it seems very Trumpian and Bow could have put his hands up and said that he really wants to stay with us whatever his agent says.