Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**BREAKING NEWS (AGAIN) Lee Bowyer signs new contract**

Comments

• Options
    So, RD still in charge this season and LB is sacked by Christmas, or joining Derby anyway? Just saying it so it doesn't happen........

PLEASE let him have signed under the reality that he knows The Helmet is off..... 
  • Options
    Anyone think one of the consortiums who are close may have stepped in and helped here 
  • Options
    Great news now the takeover please.
  • Options
    Can’t get the South London Press website to load. I imagine a few people must be clicking on the link right now. 
  • Options
    Wtf... Pleased but extremely confused. Agent not giving Bow the full picture or Roland/Bow buckled? 
  • Options
    You don't have to be a Graphologist to be able to identify something Roland has written from something he hasn't.
  • Options
    My take on the last 24 hours.
    1- The Rat was frustrated that Bow hadn’t signed, so created that statement to chivvy Bow along.
    2- The statement was an honest update, albeit slightly barking, however, the owners to be contacted the Rat and told him to sort it out and Bow is part of the deal so make sure he signs and possibly told him what to offer Bow.
    3- The Rat is a total nut job and no one knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon Bowyer signed just to stop Roland publically making a tit out of our club on talksport.
  • Options
    Weird
  • Options
    Great news. 
  • Options

The South London Press understands that the Addicks will finally confirm that their manager has penned an extension.

Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet had issued a statement yesterday saying that he had been unable to agree new terms with Bowyer, who had been due to be a free agent at the end of June.

But the pair spoke soon after that message from the Belgian tycoon – which had produced a furious response from the club’s fanbase – and we reported how further talks were set to take place.

An agreement was reached on Monday night for Bowyer to remain in charge as the Addicks attack their first season back in the Championship.

The news is a huge boost to Charlton’s prospects of staying in English football’s second tier.

The Addicks will have the lowest budget in the Championship but their highly-regarded manager has always spelled out that he wanted to stay.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Bowyer will have had his offer improved - we can all work that out surely. It is just the length of the proposed contract has been shortened.
  • Options
    What a man.

Well done for doing that Bowyer....maybe the takeover soon then?

Maybe Roland was just a bit drunk last night?

Quality news!
  • Options
    Good news to wake up to, was fuming yesterday. Maybe being too positive but genuinely believe a takeover is close. I think the buyer has given the green light for the deal. IF they wanted to sack Bowyer it would be minimal compensation and so have given Roland approval to offer the deal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RD got the arse as LB wanted more than RD wanted to pay, plus he only wants to spend 2% of his time on CAFC. So loses temper & sticks it on OS to force the issue & speed it up. It worked.

He just has no emotion so doesn't realise and doesn't care about the emotional damage caused.

I haven't changed my mind about RD.
    It's all about not losing money. He may hate us, but it's not a vendetta.
    If it was he wouldn't have offered & finally agreed a contract. 
    So you don't think that bizarre statement was to wind up the fans !

He must be on the autistic scale for you to be correct ?

On second thought you may be right  :o
  • Options
    Have to admit both the Valley and pitch are looking nice in that picture used on the OS... Nice to have him holding the trophy
  • Options
    Let's hope new owners extend it beyond a year on day one. 
  • Options
    New owners very close I suspect. 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    New owners very close I suspect. 
    I thought the same. Hope we’re right.
  • Options
    Let's hope new owners extend it beyond a year on day one. 
    If they have any sense whatsoever, they will.

Roland Duchatelet is, without a shadow of a doubt, batshit crazy.
  • Options
    You don't have to be a Graphologist to be able to identify something Roland has written from something he hasn't.
    You would need to be a gynecologist to understand Rolly.
  • Options
    Yeaaaa... now the National Press are getting it!!

• Options
    Roland has clearly backed down, something has made that happen. This is the time for him to take what he can get and piss off. If he needs a nudge we have to try to give it, hopefully despite his madness he has seen the game is up!