Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    My Bonny lies over the ocean
  • Options
    I haven't seen him mention that he signed for Charlton because he wants to play for Lee Bowyer who will make him a better player etc etc............maybe he was stopped from mentioning Bowyers name or maybe I am reading too much into it?
  • Options
    I haven't seen him mention that he signed for Charlton because he wants to play for Lee Bowyer who will make him a better player etc etc............maybe he was stopped from mentioning Bowyers name or maybe I am reading too much into it?
    I reckon you are
  • Options
    How’s it pronounced?

Bon
    Bon neigh
    Bon E
    Bon
  • Options
    Bonne is featured a little here....starts at 6.23

https://youtu.be/EvokBehlmjM?t=383
  • Options
    Haven't read all the other posts but surely to god this can only be seen as a good sign for a takeover as i can't for the life of me imagine Roland deciding to spend any cash whatsoever, never mind on a guy just out of non league.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Underwhelmed to say the least.

Championship club signing someone who was non league last season, but what do u expect under Roland.

I may be wrong and he may be class, but just because he scored goals at non league, doesnt mean he will smash them in at Championship level.

No doubt him and Lyle will be our only 2 strikers next season as well.

Really hope I am wrong
    And yet I was called out at being disappointed by a villa freindly ;)

hopefully a jamie vardy for us
  • Options
    "I'd like to say in 5 years time I'll be playing in the Championship"
  • Options
    A bonne fide signing, if you ask me 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Without wishing to piss on anybodies (14) chips, lets not forget it's a step up for Lyle as well. Surely it's too much to expect a youngster from non league to make an instant impact. Obviously with the Belgian still loitering we can't go out & buy a ready made championship striker so we have to make do but it doesn't bode well for our return to the championship.
  • Options
    Haven't read all the other posts but surely to god this can only be seen as a good sign for a takeover as i can't for the life of me imagine Roland deciding to spend any cash whatsoever, never mind on a guy just out of non league.
    Depends on whether we've already agreed to sell Aribo to Rangers for 300k
  • Options
    PWR - the sort of signing that if any other club did it the site would have gone into meltdown asking why can’t Charlton take a chance on a player like that
  • Options

grammar police on they're way, truly :smiley:
  • Options
    Depends on whether we've already agreed to sell Aribo to Rangers for 300k
    We don't have any say in the matter do we? We're not selling him, he's out of contract and can go where he likes.

But even so, Roland would just see it as 300k put towards losses, he surely wouldn't be thinking to spend it.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I'll trust Gallen'a judgement. He hasn't got one wrong yet. 
    Agree. The only thing I would say is; are we working off the B ‘no takeover’ list? Orient fans are measured in their assessment of MB. Very good but not ready for Championship. Is MB our marquee signing, which suggests the takeover is dead, or a squad player who will be developed?
    I don't think anyone is suggesting he's a marquee signing, just one that they've been able to complete early. 

...but I haven't analysed it that...in-tents-ly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to Lee, Steve Gallen has been watching him for 2 years, that's good enough for me, I have faith in his judgement
    And Josh Parker was a no brained, at least he was at 22.57 on deadline day.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    According to Lee, Steve Gallen has been watching him for 2 years, that's good enough for me, I have faith in his judgement
    And Josh Parker was a no brained, at least he was at 22.57 on deadline day.
    Brainer
  • Options
    If he’s a hard worker and doesn’t stop working that’s half of what we need. Parker was very hard working but a donkey technically. Let’s hope he can finish too. 
  • Options
    C'est bon 
  • Options
    If Roland is only likely to let us pay a small fee for 1 or 2 players this window would he let one of these be used by Bow if he wasn't confident Bow would stay 
  • Options
    Most I could get from my Os supporting neighbours is that he "did a job for them". But then again, she had only just found out he was leaving.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I'll trust Gallen'a judgement. He hasn't got one wrong yet. 
    Agree. The only thing I would say is; are we working off the B ‘no takeover’ list? Orient fans are measured in their assessment of MB. Very good but not ready for Championship. Is MB our marquee signing, which suggests the takeover is dead, or a squad player who will be developed?
    I don't think anyone is suggesting he's a marquee signing, just one that they've been able to complete early. 

...but I haven't analysed it that...in-tents-ly.
    Definitely a camp comment.

• Options
    Just reading what our new signing might be saying:

"I’ve played against Charlton from when I was a kid coming through the academies. So I remember travelling to the training ground and it’s been a place that I’ve enjoyed playing at and when the opportunity came to play for the first team, I knew it was the place for me to come.

"[I signed because] of the opportunities. Seeing how they can't afford to sign any other decent strikers, I know there'll be no one else to keep me out of the team.

(Paraphrased from the OS) :smile: