Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Hard to make any assessment of Bonne at Barnsley but in the short time he was on he made a few intelligent runs and couple of nice touches. Ideal for him to make his league debut and after having come on the team score the equaliser. Will do him no harm and now feel more a part of the Lee Bowyer journey. 
  • Would be interesting to see him start with Taylor, might help him with the leap 
  • razil said:
    Would be interesting to see him start with Taylor, might help him with the leap 
    Posted much the same myself a little while ago.

I can't see Bonne as a replacement for Taylor, but to play in tandem with him can only improve his game and could be fruitful.

• Now Hemed has signed is there a case for sending Bonne out on loan? He's made quite a jump in leagues so 6 months or so at a league one club should do him good in my opinion. 
  • What Scoham says.

Why would you thin out our strike force numbers.
  • Just a thought. He'll be our 5th striker so will probably barely feature. No problem keeping him just reckon it'd be beneficial to him and us longer term. 
  • If we had signed Harriot as the back-up "pacey" striker I would have Bonne out in loan to orient for the season for sure. Maybe still would as forward options are:

Taylor - Hemed 
    Leko - Bonne
    Aneke 
    Oztumer

He's been earmarked as one for the future to develop so let him develop on loan playing.
  • Talal said:
    Just a thought. He'll be our 5th striker so will probably barely feature. No problem keeping him just reckon it'd be beneficial to him and us longer term. 
    5th?

Lyle 
    Tomer
    Leko
    Bonne

Aneke is a CAM being fitted into the SS role at the moment due to lack of EFL support... But now that's sorted, I think he's no.4
  • edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    Just a thought. He'll be our 5th striker so will probably barely feature. No problem keeping him just reckon it'd be beneficial to him and us longer term. 
    5th?

Lyle 
    Tomer
    Leko
    Bonne

Aneke is a CAM being fitted into the SS role at the moment due to lack of EFL support... But now that's sorted, I think he's no.4
    We'll see but with the number of midfielders we now have, I see Aneke being used more up top. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    5th?

Lyle 
    Tomer
    Leko
    Bonne

We'll see but with the number of midfielders we now have, I see Aneke being used more up top. 
    Bow was adamant after signing Aneke that he wanted him principally to play the '10' role.

It'll be interesting to see, with the number and quality of recent signings, how things unfold. 
  • If we are going to go with a squad of 23, I would keep him and loan out Morgan and Lapslie. 

If we are going to go with 22, I would let Bonne go out over JFC. 
  • JFC never going to get a game until we lose Cullen in January. Even then, bench at best.  Needs a loan to decent side. Pompey?
  • edited August 2019
    He was very lively in his brief cameo at the weekend and you can see why he must’ve had so much success in Non League.

If nothing else, I think he would benefit from a “stepping stone” spell at a Wycombe or Southend to help him bridge the gap between fifth tier and second tier.

We hate when one of our own jumps up the division and rots on the bench (Lookman) so now we have the depth of Taylor, Hemed, Aneke and Leko I think we can afford to consider loan options if the right team comes in for Macauley.

It would be the right thing to do for his career.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    5th?

Lyle 
    Tomer
    Leko
    Bonne

Bow was adamant after signing Aneke that he wanted him principally to play the '10' role.

It'll be interesting to see, with the number and quality of recent signings, how things unfold. 
    True though it was before all the signings. I think the fact that Aneke came on up front ahead of Bonne on Saturday shows that Bowyer favours him there (to Bonne). Suggests to me Bonne is now 5th choice and unlikely to feature much. 
  • Bonne or Hemed on the bench tomorrow?
  • Loan Bonne. Taylor, Hemed, Aneke, Leko and Oztumer all available now. He wasn’t in LB’s plans and has only featured out of necessity. He has been bought for potential. He needs games at a higher level and he won’t get that at The Valley now. Demoralising for the lad to be tearing up trees one year at Orient and then not even making the bench the next. Find a decent club where he can get game time, learn and build confidence. Clause to bring him back in January or is that not allowed ?
  • Ferryman said:
    Bonne or Hemed on the bench tomorrow?
    Noticed that Olly tweeted last night showing that he'd taken the Hemed "signing" photos 10-days ago, (i.e. Yet had to wait for the deal to be confirmed before posting them) - Hopefully in that case its meant that Hemed has been training @ Sparrows Lane for the last two weeks so will be used to our way of play, rather than only getting involved for the first time yesterday or today
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t remember too many clod hopping centre backs last season in league one. Why do we think that clubs loan out players like Gallagher and Cullen ? It’s because to develop they need game time playing real matches. Getting kicked, kicking back and learning their craft. He’ll be better for a loan than training with us in the certain knowledge that whatever he does it won’t get him a start.
  • Sending Bonne out on loan makes no sense, at least for this season.

He was signed as a "project", as he was young and raw.

At the moment, what he needs is coaching, and some minutes under his belt. There's nowhere he could go, where he will get better coaching than at Charlton, as shown be the fact that Premier League teams are practically falling over themselves to send us their rising talents. Let him stay at Charlton, and get some appearances off the bench.

What will he gain by getting his confidence destroyed by being kicked from pillar to post by some great clod hopping League 1 centre backs? And possibly injured?
    He's used to playing in the National League.
  • Don’t remember too many clod hopping centre backs last season in league one. Why do we think that clubs loan out players like Gallagher and Cullen ? It’s because to develop they need game time playing real matches. Getting kicked, kicking back and learning their craft. He’ll be better for a loan than training with us in the certain knowledge that whatever he does it won’t get him a start.
    They loan them out to gain experience yes, whilst they have big enough squads. We don't have that luxury so still need to consider that. 

Who says he won't get a start whatever? Bonne at least has the advantage of a history of goals. Leko may be exciting but that isn't the case with him. Taylor and Hemed are our front two on paper but an injury to one of them, Leko not scoring and Aneke being used a Number 10 and who knows. 
  • JFC needs to play, a loan out to a league one club would be good, with a call back clause? If possible.

Bonne needs to play, could he be an impact player for us from the bench?
  • JFC needs to play, a loan out to a league one club would be good, with a call back clause? If possible.

Why does JFC HAVE to play? If he finds form he deserves to play. Don't get the reasoning behind a loan move, he can be a squad player.
  • Bonne and Leko are our only pacey strikers and neither are experienced at this level.

In some ways Bonne is the more experienced of the two.

Would be a risk to let him go out on loan but it could well be useful for him.

Why does JFC HAVE to play? If he finds form he deserves to play. Don't get the reasoning behind a loan move, he can be a squad player.
    He needs to play to get match fitness. 
    He won't get that sitting on our bench.
  • Pleased to see Bowyer show some faith in him Saturday, hopefully he now rates him. Don't know if its true or not, but i was told he wasn't a Bowyer signing. 
  • Loan players out with a 24 hr recall clause if needed to cover injuries. Lapslie, Bonn and Morgan all need minutes in men’s football, not the odd u-23 appearance. Jfc needs a loan until jan to help recover form and probably confidence in his own body. I’m sure he is holding back a little bit after his injury