Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    CAFCTrev said:

Very nice 
    Except the brand...

No way they'd make a custom kit for us, I don't like templates, so no thanks.

Also Hummel have another year.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

This is okay but once again, needs more white and some customisation.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Nice to see Brighton's new kit is the more usual chunky blue and white striipes rather than that pinstripe one they've worn this season.
    It’s funny because, being born in the early seventies, my early memories of Brighton is the period in the early eighties, so I still think of them as a team that plays in blue shirts.
    It was only a few years ago that I realised their traditional kit has overwhelmingly been blue and white stripes, rather than a relatively recent change from blue!
  • Options
    New Liverpool shirt is pretty awful.

• Options
    Maybe they've reacted against suggestions their kit design is lazy, with big clubs being palmed off with template variations, but Nike have gone weird this year! Some very edgy kit designs...
  • Options
    Bit of short lifting there, both legs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    I don't understand why we don't make our shirts available before the summer. I'm not a commercial expert, but l feel like were missing a trick.
    Agree, weve done it before. 11/12 season we had next seasons kits on display at the club shop at the last home game. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    PopIcon said:
    I don't understand why we don't make our shirts available before the summer. I'm not a commercial expert, but l feel like were missing a trick.
    Agree, weve done it before. 11/12 season we had next seasons kits on display at the club shop at the last home game. 
    Was that the season the guy landed on the pitch via parachute in a streak of red smoke?

That happened once right? krbs shirt? 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    PopIcon said:
    Was that the season the guy landed on the pitch via parachute in a streak of red smoke?

We launched a new kit on the last day with Quaser from memory. Think when we got done 5-2 by Boro at the Valley? 

Need the sponsor sorted, if you sign a multi-year deal then that becomes easier. 
  • Options
    I can see new shirts being announced at the same time as this new sponsorship/partnerships, possible with a Charlton TV announcement and all done in front of the new Curbs stand
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    PopIcon said:
    1997-98 we wore our Quaser/Viglen shirt including the play off semi-finals. And then wore our new Le Coq Sportif/Mesh shirt for the first time in the final.

Viglen and Quaser must have found it hard to believe their bad luck given we'd worn that shirt for 48 games across the season, yet LCS and Mesh got ten times the exposure from that single game at Wembley. The deal probably ran out on 24th May!
  • Options
    Liverpool will be wearing their new shirt on Sunday. Chelsea played in their 20/21 shirt at the end of last season. 

I agree it does seem that we are forever missing a trick. I don't know if Wayne Mumford has been able to do anything to increase the offering through Hummel or if he's been hampered by the last year of the existing deal. We do seem to have a particularly boring offering (outside of the kits themselves which I have no issue with) compared to a lot of other Hummel clubs.

Intrigued by the "ground-breaking" element of his teaser announcement. A new sponsor, even if they are backing us to the tune of multiple millions, is not ground-breaking. It's just news. Ground-breaking might at a stretch mean a shirt sponsor uniting all the teams and academy. I'd be thrilled if it is something like AXA's sponsorship which covers training kit AND the training ground. An investment announcement for SL would be great news and hit all the sweet spots of TS's grand plans for the club.

Guess we just have to wait and see. At least it's in the era of TS and not an empty Shenanigans-era promise.

Excited of Richmond
  • Options
    Liverpool will be wearing their new shirt on Sunday. Chelsea played in their 20/21 shirt at the end of last season. 

I agree it does seem that we are forever missing a trick. I don't know if Wayne Mumford has been able to do anything to increase the offering through Hummel or if he's been hampered by the last year of the existing deal. We do seem to have a particularly boring offering (outside of the kits themselves which I have no issue with) compared to a lot of other Hummel clubs.

Intrigued by the "ground-breaking" element of his teaser announcement. A new sponsor, even if they are backing us to the tune of multiple millions, is not ground-breaking. It's just news. Ground-breaking might at a stretch mean a shirt sponsor uniting all the teams and academy. I'd be thrilled if it is something like AXA's sponsorship which covers training kit AND the training ground. An investment announcement for SL would be great news and hit all the sweet spots of TS's grand plans for the club.

Guess we just have to wait and see. At least it's in the era of TS and not an empty Shenanigans-era promise.

Excited of Richmond
    Chelsea also wore next seasons kit in last weeks cup final.

I guess it's easier when a club has multi year deals in place with both their kit maker and shirt sponsor.
  • Options

Excited of Richmond

I guess it's easier when a club has multi year deals in place with both their kit maker and shirt sponsor.
    Weird that Chelsea wore their new/next seasons shirt in the FA Cup final, then back to this season's shirt for their next league game. Similarly Arsenal wore their new away shirt this week at Palace, but will be wearing their home shirt for this season for their final game.
  • Options
    I think you can only wear a new kit once in the league at the end of the season. Obviously the FA Cup is separate so that’s why Chelsea are wearing it twice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    PopIcon said:

Might have been a catalogue Nike shirt which would probably make it easier to sort than a bespoke one. 

• Options

Excited of Richmond

Weird that Chelsea wore their new/next seasons shirt in the FA Cup final, then back to this season's shirt for their next league game. Similarly Arsenal wore their new away shirt this week at Palace, but will be wearing their home shirt for this season for their final game.
    TV exposure on a global scale 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Excited of Richmond

I wanna hear both sides of the tale...
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Fumbluff said:
    cafc999 said:

Excited of Richmond

I wanna hear both sides of the tale...
    See, it's not about races
    Just places, faces
  • Options
    They have to leave room for all the bloody sponsors though 🤦🏻‍♂️