Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    No, that player has fingers, not pincers.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    cafcwill said:
    I'm half expecting a half Denmark half cafc kit. Hummel makes both so it's not too out there
    Are we definitely sticking with Hummel? . I’m sure TS hinted a few months back that we might not necessarily stick with them .
    There is/was one year remaining on the contact. Additionally do Hummel co-run affairs in the club shop? I remember Nike had a deal in place some years ago.
    Elite, which is an off-shoot of Hummel run the shop.

That Hummel could run the retail was one of the big attractions for Meire because of Roland's obsession with keeping staff head count down.

Also she was lazy and stupid and outsourcing is great for people like that. Although outsourcing also has it's benefits.

I know Wayne Mumford has spoken to all the big kit manufacturers as well as Hummel cos he told me.  He wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't.

Pretty sure TS will want to bring retail (and hospitality) back in house when the current deals end.  Is not having the shop a deal breaker for Hummel?  I don't know.
  • Options
    SCT1980 said:
    If they could brighten the red up a few tones would be a fan of something like this for us from Hummel. 

• Options
    Make the collar and cuffs white and it would be nice. 
  • Options
    SCT1980 said:
    If they could brighten the red up a few tones would be a fan of something like this for us from Hummel. 

Don't get me wrong, it is a really nice kit but...

Their first kit is red? Don't think they have got the hang of why teams have alternative kits.
  • Options
    Looks a bit too much like a training top to me. Would need a couple of flashes of white to look proper Charlton.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    SCT1980 said:

Their first kit is red? Don't think they have got the hang of why teams have alternative kits.
    Is it Money?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    SCT1980 said:

Is it Money?
    You cynic... It is never about money in football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is a bold collar, quite like it. Not so keen on the chevron overload. 
  • Options
    Always prefer Southampton in the red and white stripes... But yeah agree with you on the collar and chevrons Talal
  • Options
    No chevrons on the shoulders but in the main material instead, different
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Interesting reading the comments on the Southampton twitter account... Seems its plain on the back as the Premier League dont allow stripes there making the numbers difficult to read anymore 
  • Options
    No chevrons on the shoulders but in the main material instead, different
    They're on the shoulders. 
  • Options
    Interesting reading the comments on the Southampton twitter account... Seems its plain on the back as the Premier League dont allow stripes there making the numbers difficult to read anymore 
    Imagine setting up a rule like that and ending up with that stupid font that our league used last season. 
  • Options
    Based on the late 80s Hummel Southampton shirt 

• Options
    Massive fan of that Southampton kit.

I'm sure they're relieved as their Under Armour shirt this year was terrible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really don't like the collar on it. Way too big. Actually quite like the chevrons in the stripes 
  • Options
    Really don't like the collar on it. Way too big. Actually quite like the chevrons in the stripes 
    I don't mind how the chevrons look, just not really a fan of excessive branding. 
  • Options
    I don't think it's a real collar, I think it's just a pattern on the shirt. Similar to what Hummel did with our home shirt this season. Looks like a folded down collar, but it's not.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    SCT1980 said:

keep the hummel logo in shades of red and I think we have a winner
    the sponsor's logo (a Sandgaard company brand?) in white across the chest will be all the decoration this needs
    plain white shorts with subtle hummel branding in the fabric and similarly plain red socks
    Proper classy

the 2nd and 3rd kits can be as splashy multicoloured and garish as they like cos we won't have to tolerate them at the Valley
    As for retro, that's just so last year - a get out for the creatively bereft
  • Options
    That Southampton v neck looks like the reverse neckline on some of this season’s Nike kits - ie Liverpool’s.

I thought it looked too big on the LFC kit and now Southampton have a massive version on the front.

To be fair I’m a fifty something and don’t play football so it may well be that that’s a really comfortable design and the players love it.

Still looking forward to our kit and hoping TS has managed to sway them towards a Denmark style as I really like, as do many others on here it seems, what Hummel are putting out for the Euros.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Blue stripe is nice
  • Options
    Talal said:
    se9addick said:
    Talal said:
    Would be happy with them, would prefer that blue one to replicate the Green and Purple stripes from 1995/97
    Think a lot of people would but for me it's just a copy then. Prefer something slightly different. 
    The other away version with a modern day feel that I'd absolutely love is this

I think that might be the all time worst Charlton kit, topped off with the badge being placed on a green shield! 
    I'm probably one of the few people that prefer it to the fully green/purple one. Though the hooped one of 97/98 is my favourite. 
    all three of those kits with blue/green/purple are awesome
  • Options
    VfL Wolfsburg's kit for next season...

Dark green one is awesome
  • Options
    SCT1980 said:

that's nice