Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Bristol City's is virtually the same as ours except an extra line of red on collar and cuffs and obviously the detailing different too. Not quite as bespoke as our others.

• Swisdom said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Shit sponsor (the logo not the company!) 

Just can’t get past it. 

Shame as away kit is nice (although if they just had the company name that would be better) 
    Sorry you don't like the logo but that's the company logo.  The blue in the logo is important to my father personally for business reasons and the fact that this is why he is sponsoring this shirt is why it is there.
    I just think it's a shame Hummel didn't scale it down a bit. That's on them though, no problem with the look of the sponsor otherwise. 
  • Yes, both are hummel kits for teams that play in red. The detailing is totally different.
  • I like both kits - now we just need to be invited to play in the league :)
  • Really don't get the gripes over the logo. I actually think it goes quite well.
    People like to moan, if it wasn't that it'd be the neckline, or the cuffs don't go all the way round, or the red is too shiny, or something
  • sam3110 said:
    The shapes are the same as that's the cut that Hummel are using, but every other detail is different, the panel on the front, the collars and cuffs, the inside of the kit, it's all bespoke, Nike would never have an embossed sword detailing just for us
    Of course they wouldn't but I think it's the first of our Hummel kits (excluding the thirds) that have shared a base "shape" with any other team. That's the point I was making, still love Hummel and hopefully we extend the deal. 
  • Perhaps I'm wrong on that though, may just not have noticed other clubs with the same shape if different colours. Obviously this just stands out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• SE7toSG3 said:
    So other than

• the detailing on the collar 
    • the white band at the bottom 
    • the detailing on the cuffs 
    • the bespoke sword shading on the kit 
    • interior labelling

2 traditional red team shirts are identical but with different club badges and sponsors, what did Hummel ever do for us!   
    Bit sensitive, this is a thread to discuss the shirts not sure what's wrong with pointing it out. 
  • it was tongue in cheek @Talal nothing personal, at 52 I am too bald and old to wear one anyway, my son no doubt will. 

I just think within the remit of traditional red home shirt, there's not much else they can do when set against a fellow club who also asked for a traditional red home shirt. 

Look among your own very impressive collection of home shirts, the less popular ones are those that stray away from this principle   
  • I would say the Green and Purple third kit ( I proudly own one) was not universally liked at the time but it has become a classic. I recall on my Honeymoon in Mexico in 99 I wore it for a walk and a leather stall holder wanted to offer me half his stock for it! I resisted and it is my favourite shirt.
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    it was tongue in cheek @Talal nothing personal, at 52 I am too bald and old to wear one anyway, my son no doubt will. 

I just think within the remit of traditional red home shirt, there's not much else they can do when set against a fellow club who also asked for a traditional red home shirt. 

Look among your own very impressive collection of home shirts, the less popular ones are those that stray away from this principle   
    You don't look 52 mate.

I hope we can get some retro options this season.
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    it was tongue in cheek @Talal nothing personal, at 52 I am too bald and old to wear one anyway, my son no doubt will. 

👍 I don't disagree it was more an observation than criticism. Said a few pages back it was near perfect (or maybe that was on twitter?!) Hopefully when TS takes over the deal will be extended. 
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    So other than

• interior labelling

2 traditional red team shirts are identical but with different club badges and sponsors, what did Hummel ever do for us!   
    Brought Peace?
    Oh peace. SHUT UP.  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Bristol City's shop says their orders will be fulfilled by the end of October, guess we're looking at a similar time frame if ours are going on pre-sale next week
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    So other than

• interior labelling

Brought Peace?
    Oh peace. SHUT UP.  :D
    The aqueduct?
  • Talal said:
    Wow. 

I know dazzle camouflage is generally effective but is it really necessary on a football shirt
  • Worth noting that our design was put to the club around 12 months ago, long before Hummel got the gig at Bristol City
  • Get voting those on Twitter, bit silly but we easily have the best home shirt so let's win

• MattF said:
    Talal said:
    Wow. 

I know dazzle camouflage is generally effective but is it really necessary on a football shirt
    On a WWI Destroyer yeh!
  • Swisdom said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Shit sponsor (the logo not the company!) 

Just can’t get past it. 

Shame as away kit is nice (although if they just had the company name that would be better) 
    Sorry you don't like the logo but that's the company logo.  The blue in the logo is important to my father personally for business reasons and the fact that this is why he is sponsoring this shirt is why it is there.
    The company logo is the company logo, I just find it a bit clunky on this shirt. 

Glad a charlton company is sponsoring though. 
  • MattF said:
    Talal said:
    Wow. 

On a WWI Destroyer yeh!
    Maybe that's the metaphor they were going for (or they like Zebras)
  • Talal said:
    Wow. 

That looks like it belongs to a team that plays its games in the Kruger National Park - the players face knows exactly what is going to happen if they go outside wearing that!!