Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone have the 88-89 third kit? Looks glorious.
    Yep, in the museum.  

88-89 third kit is yellow.
    Sorry, you are correct.

No, it was never sold commercially and very rare.  Mentioned earlier in thread that went for over £200 last time it came up for sale.
  • Options
    Yep, in the museum.  

Sorry, you are correct.

No, it was never sold commercially and very rare.  Mentioned earlier in thread that went for over £200 last time it came up for sale.
    Ah okay thanks. Would love to just see a picture of it.
  • Options
    Think we wore it at higbury 2-2???
  • Options
    The 80’s era kits were works of art. My hair, wasn’t.

Is that a Bobby Charlton or Ralph Coates look?
  • Options
    I'd really like Hummel to take a crack at a modern version of the 96-98 away kit or the 95-97 third kit. Absolute monstrosities if done wrong, but they could look amazing if done well
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    The 80’s era kits were works of art. My hair, wasn’t.

Is that a Bobby Charlton or Ralph Coates look?
    Real life Benjamin Button
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't beat The Woolwich kits 
  • Options
    98-00 is the Mendonca one.
  • Options
    2008-09 is the Jonjo Shelvey kit
    2009-10 is the Nicky Bailey kit
    2010-12 is the Bradley Wright-Phillips kit
    2012-13 is the Johnnie Jackson kit
    2013-14 is the Yann kit
    2015-16 is the Patrick Bauer one (probably because he modelled it)
    2016-17 is the Ricky Holmes kit
    2017-18 I'd probably say is the Jake Forster-Caskey kit
    2018-19 is the Lyle Taylor kit
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Dazzler21 said:
    Off_it said:
    So are so are we now back to the days of clubs having two or three new kits every season again?

i remember there was a bit of a backlash about that a good few years back and they stopped it. But it’s all ok again now?

Personally, as long as it’s red shirts and white shorts I’m not really bothered.

Just NOT that rugby league looking rubbish we had a few years back.
    Image result for Carbrini Charlton shirt

This one?
    I think he’s referring to this monstrosity:

• Options
    1963 to 1966 always will be the classiest kit ever worn by Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    I would assume the late change in sponsor has had a knock on effect as some supporters saw the 1st sample of the shirt before Christmas. During this consultation Hummel I did ask the question about delivery and Hummel stated many things could hold the production of the shirt up including club approval or change of shirt sponsor. 

Anyway, you will all be pleased to know that the home shirt is red
    But is it the correct red ??? 
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:
    Off_it said:
    So are so are we now back to the days of clubs having two or three new kits every season again?

i remember there was a bit of a backlash about that a good few years back and they stopped it. But it’s all ok again now?

Personally, as long as it’s red shirts and white shorts I’m not really bothered.

This one?

I actually thought that one was alright as it goes...,my littleun's 1st shirt with her name on it...👍
    Yeah , that’s the one.

As a random sports kit it’s ok. I’m sure St Helens or Wigan would look perfectly at home in it .

but it’s not a Charlton kit. It’s a white shirt with red shorts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, in the museum.  

Sorry, you are correct.

Ah okay thanks. Would love to just see a picture of it.
    If i remember correctly, the yellow kit was only used for night games when required, as officials said it was too difficult to pick out our players in the battleship grey kit under the floodlights.
  • Options
    Yep, in the museum.  

That silver Woolwich kit is a work of art.

One of the best Charlton kits in my lifetime, along with the ecru one from 98-99.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:
    Off_it said:

This one?

I actually thought that one was alright as it goes...,my littleun's 1st shirt with her name on it...👍
    Initially thought it was a wind up when it was unveiled. Probably my least favourite Charlton kit. Certainly the least "Charlton kit" I can remember imo.
    Thought the socks were excellent but hated the shirt & shorts, Charlton home shorts should always be white 
  • Options
    Yep, in the museum.  

That silver Woolwich kit is a work of art.

One of the best Charlton kits in my lifetime, along with the ecru one from 98-99.
    Agree with that - my favourite ever Charlton Away shirt. I’ve still got it, but needless to say it’s a bit on the snug size now. 
  • Options
    That's completely fantastic and total props to those who have organised it, both at Charlton and BETDAQ.