Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    To be fair, I do agree with @Callumcafc it is stupid dragging it out.

I don’t know any other club that does this. Just announce the kit with players wearing it. People are more likely to be interested that way rather than bit by bit, it will annoy people.
     does this mean they forgot to actually place an order for kit to sell ?
  • Options
    I'll say it again.

To not have these kits available before the kids break up for the school holidays is a complete business level balls up.
    But Roland and his team know best.

How this senile old scroat ever made it in business I'll never know.

(I'll say that again an'all!)
    Maybe out of his control.

I know we like to blame Two Chalets for EVERYTHING but maybe, just maybe, it could be Hummel's fault?
    It probably is Hummel‘s fault - but it’s only right that old yellow teeth takes the blame. 
    Yeh especially if you haven't got a cat  >:).
  • Options
    It’s not hideous but equally it’s not a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Nah. I say blame the yellow toothed Belgian cretin.

Even that Nike shirt mock up above can be blamed on Vlad the Inhaler as far as i am concerned!
  • Options
    Always gets mentioned as if we do it every year, but I think we’ve put out the odd teaser over a number of days maybe once in the last seven years!
    ’Staged’ in this instance means home, away and third revealed separately rather than all together as is the norm. 
    Photoshoot today, then that needs to be turned into the artwork etc... so it’s all part of a process that can only begin once the actual kit is in our possession (which was today).
    Thanks Olly - appreciate the hard work and didn’t mean to come across as cranky as I did!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @NapaAddick the red and black is more Man U than Charlton I’m afraid!
  • Options
    Found this concept shirt online. Would love this. And the sponsor too.

Aesthetically that's chuffing awful
    Irrelevant of course until we're shot of the twunt all expenditure on merch, catering, etc is the preserve of collaborators and lunatics.  Financially supporting the twunt in any way has intellectual equivalence with creationism and the flat earth society.
  • Options
    'i've got one word to say to you son' - 'Hyundai' - mike bassett english manager - a marvellous film.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    'i've got one word to say to you son' - 'Hyundai' - mike bassett english manager - a marvellous film.
    More a documentary of football than a documentary!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    More a documentary of football than a documentary!
    absolutely - nailed the english football scene completely  
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Numbers and shirt design = two things Napa should stay away Fromm : - )
    But Napa is our expert on all things Charlton :smile:
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I’m not usually ITK but I’ve been sent a preview of part the shirt.

I like it but as usual some will moan.

Me too. Exciting times. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is that the armpit?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Nah sorry not a fan of that already!!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

A distinct lack of imagination there!

Can I be the first to blame LeTwat?
  • Options
    Always gets mentioned as if we do it every year, but I think we’ve put out the odd teaser over a number of days maybe once in the last seven years!
    ’Staged’ in this instance means home, away and third revealed separately rather than all together as is the norm. 
    Photoshoot today, then that needs to be turned into the artwork etc... so it’s all part of a process that can only begin once the actual kit is in our possession (which was today).
    Thanks as always Olly. 

Yeah, if the physical kit wasn't in the club's possession until today, not much they can do about it. Whether, like with last season, that's down entirely to Hummel, or if it's us getting an order in late, or getting a new sponsor in late, obviously I don't know. But wouldn't be overly surprised if it's on Hummel or even if this was always going to be the delivery date. 

So yeah, right to blame the club for a lot of things. This one isn't so clear. 
  • Options
    I don’t know what the set up is at Hummels other clubs but as mentioned above I think everyone would benefit from having the kits in early for sale .
    summer holidays the kids wanna be running around in football kits 
    the end of the season is easy enough to predict , the school holiday dates are known in advance .
    get the kit ready for the first week in July , it’s not rocket science .

(not that I’d buy it at full price until yellow tooth fucks off ) 

but im dreaming of the day scrotum head has gone ....

mine will all prolly be adults by then so scrub that idea 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Thanks as always Olly. 

Yeah, if the physical kit wasn't in the club's possession until today, not much they can do about it. Whether, like with last season, that's down entirely to Hummel, or if it's us getting an order in late, or getting a new sponsor in late, obviously I don't know. But wouldn't be overly surprised if it's on Hummel or even if this was always going to be the delivery date. 

So yeah, right to blame the club for a lot of things. This one isn't so clear. 
    Hummel seemed to have managed  with Plenty of other clubs, just a coincidence it's happening to our shit show?

Unlikely, imo.
    Hummel were so slow with Forest Green last season that they cancelled the order after starting the season in a third kit - Unfortunately despite making great kits, they do have history of not being the quickest on delivery
  • Options
    I would assume the late change in sponsor has had a knock on effect as some supporters saw the 1st sample of the shirt before Christmas. During this consultation Hummel I did ask the question about delivery and Hummel stated many things could hold the production of the shirt up including club approval or change of shirt sponsor. 

Anyway, you will all be pleased to know that the home shirt is red