Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - new dates announced for 2021 (p11) - first is 16th Sept

Comments

• Options
    If I was part of the FF I would consider encouraging all other representatives to simply not show at the next meeting and send a message to the EFL afterwards explaining that the directive is being abused. 
  • Options
    Ravi would surely have been someone screwed over by the bonus scandal?
  • Options
    I'm going to send my season ticket back & save The Rat £1000.
  • Options
    The meetings seem to be more a vehicle to manipulate supporters and the situation by an owner and his representative, who don't even show up to answer questions on the club, whether it be the colour of the toilet roll, the amount of chips per portion, or the controversial statements he / they publish through the official website. No one seems to be accountable for anything at Charlton, accept to poor buggers they wheel out (on this occasion), who are no more the wiser than the average supporter, apart the fact they he get the bs from the horses mouth
  • Options
    If all they do is repeat Rolands weird logic and BS, is it not now time to call it a day with the Fans Forum. Release an open statement listing the reasons and leave it at that as, all it seems to do is build up a bit of excitement in a lot of people, only to dash it all the following day.
    I would rather the meetings continue, any contact is better than no contact.
    If some fans get too excited, then the better option would be for them to temper their expectations.
    Yeah, I uderstand what you're saying, but can't see how getting fed sh1t is any better than not having a meeting in the first place. Have any bona fide facts been offered from the club's representatives over last 2 to 3 FF meetings?

Btw I'm not knocking the people who go and stand up and say something, think you do a great job
  • Options
    If I was part of the FF I would consider encouraging all other representatives to simply not show at the next meeting and send a message to the EFL afterwards explaining that the directive is being abused. 
    And you expect the EFL would then do what ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    OK.
    I accept that you think that Ravi does not despise the supporters based on you having more knowledge than me.

Ravi is a smashing chap who was still selling match tickets at one of the windows a few years back.
    Crass to be attacking him.
    Other than I think he's a spanner he's OK
  • Options
    We seem to have a cabal of closet spanners infiltrating CAFC. What with Louis Mendez, James Seed and now Ravi. Do we need some pest control?
  • Options
    Ravi needs to get his finger out or we'll be going into the season with un-sponsored kit.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    We seem to have a cabal of closet spanners infiltrating CAFC. What with Louis Mendez, James Seed and now Ravi. Do we need some pest control?
    Sacrilege. 

Edit: only for me, Ravi and Jimmy are indeed Spanners ;)
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Sacrilege. 

Edit: only for me, Ravi and Jimmy are indeed Spanners ;)
    No... Your even worse than a Spanner ;)
  • Options
    Louis is Palace I believe 
  • Options
    Ravi needs to get his finger out or we'll be going into the season with un-sponsored kit.
    I understand we have a sponsor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nathan the groundsman is also a spanner.

• Options
    Can I just ask a few serious question. 

As I understand the "reps" are representatives from diffrent "fan groups" who willingly voluntary their time and effort to attend these meetings.  If that's not correct can someone correct me?

How many members does each rep represent?

Are you trusted to represent your members best interests or do you ask questions on their behalf? Or a bit of both? 

I ask these question both out of curiosity but also to those that say the meetings are a waste of time, they should be boycotted etc, do you have a rep and have you told them you don't wish them to attend? 

• Options
    Does anyone know when the full notes will be available?
  • Options
    Nathan the groundsman is also a spanner.

If you were Jewish I  the would say the same to you that I would say to Nathan ? 

Mo the grass.
  • Options
    That statement about the average season ticket holder "costing £1000" is so stupid that it actually caused cognitive dissonance for me and I sat dumbfounded in my chair for about 3 minutes, completely inert.
  • Options
    That statement about the average season ticket holder "costing £1000" is so stupid that it actually caused cognitive dissonance for me and I sat dumbfounded in my chair for about 3 minutes, completely inert.
    It's typical RD, there is a valid point in his thinking that is washed over with the insanity of the wording.  He had a point when he said communication was a problem from the out set.  What he didn't mention was it was all him and KM!!

What he ment, or I think he ment, was the bigger the club, the bigger the loses.  If you have an average crowd of 15k, expect to loose 15 million, if it's 40k, 40 million.  If your a "small" club like Rotherham or Burton you might get away with 7 or 8.  
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Yeah it's definately insane. I thought LDT had at least some business sense? I understand the logic behind it kind of, it costs the club £1000 per season ticket holder, but the way its phrased makes it seem like it's the ST holders fault.
  • Options
    The only time I had to laugh at this is when I read LdT will not attend because he is in takeover discussions with three buyers. Yes of course and I will win the lottery and buy the club myself. and when you know that I do not do the lottery, you realise what stupid remarks these are
  • Options
    You should all know better than listen to LDT even his name starts with a lie.