Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - new dates announced for 2021 (p11) - first is 16th Sept

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pico said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can I just ask a few serious question. 

As I understand the "reps" are representatives from diffrent "fan groups" who willingly voluntary their time and effort to attend these meetings.  If that's not correct can someone correct me?

How many members does each rep represent?

Are you trusted to represent your members best interests or do you ask questions on their behalf? Or a bit of both? 

I ask these question both out of curiosity but also to those that say the meetings are a waste of time, they should be boycotted etc, do you have a rep and have you told them you don't wish them to attend? 

Anyone care to answer? 

CAST (Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust) attends the FF. We represent 1100 members. 

I
    We survey members on a number of different matters twice a year to ensure that we are in touch with their thinking.  (Non members also respond to our survey and there is usually very little difference in their response)

Our last survey revealed that 93% of respondents thought it was important that we continued to engage with the club by attending the FF. 

So your membership is about 10% of the season tickets the club claim to have sold and less than 3% of the people at Wembley?

How many people replied to your survey?

I am not "digging out" anyone for anything, I am just questioning the data gathering. 

Isn't it an echo chamber?  As an example Charlton life is a good cross section of fans, but it isn't representative of the whole fan base.  It's representative of the most engaged fans, not the more passive ones.

If you can be arsed to log on to a forum, read comments and then post yourself, you obviously have an opinion.  How many people don't do the first, do the first and not the second, the second not the third etc
    You might equally ask why the people who only turned up at Wembley should have any say at all. Or whether the people who are "only interested in the football", whatever that means, even want a say.
    It means the "majority" of fans that go to the game with friends and family on a Saturday. Maybe make a day of it.  They might check the score of an away game at about 6pm the following Saturday.  They don't go on the Internet/social media to talk about Charlton or football in general.

All they care about the performance on the pitch, they couldn't give a flying hoot who the ceo, cfo, dof or uncle Tom cobbly is. 
    And you know this how?

Did you do a survey?

How big is this Majority?

Do they all wait to 6.00pm or do some check earlier?

Did you just make that all up?
    Because it's the same as any other hobby.  There are many levels of involvement.  You know this as I would imagine you have other, non Charlton related hobbies? 

This is an internet forum about a hobby, in essence.  We are invested in this hobby to the extent that we sign up to a forum to discuss, stroll through pages of drival on the take over thread.  Some of us are members of groups that meet up and discuss the goings on, some of us organise said groups, some of us don't.

Some of us would, or have, choose Charlton over partners.  To others its not the most important thing in their life, maybe not even there main hobby. 

But the point I am making is this tiny subsection of fans isn't a reflection of the majority of fans only the more engaged and fanatical.  That's why it is an echo chamber. 
    No, that wasn't the point you were making at all.  You never mentioned any "levels of involvement" just a mythical 6 o'clock majority.

You've now moved to another point which essentially a forum with 20k+ members is "tiny" and isn't a reflection of the "majority of fans". Again you claim to know how this "majority" thinks with absolutely nothing to back that up.

If YOU have an opinion, own it and express it.  Don't claim that YOUR opinion is shared with others without evidence or the reverse that others' opinions are invalid as they aren't held by a made up "majority".
    If you read my posts on other threeds you will will see that I care about the way the club is run. I said the protests should never have stopped.  I am saying MY opinions AREN'T shared by the the majority.

I am saying I AM overly involved on an emotional level.   If MY opinion was shared by the majority there would have still been protests.   
    Either way you are why keep going on about a made up majority.

Not protesting and not caring beyond the "results on the pitch" are not the same thing or mutually exclusive
    Sorry the first time, I think, I used the word majority was when Airman questioned what "only care about the football" ment. 

I stand by MY opionon that most people who go to Charlton games care more about the results on the pitch than anything else.  Almost anything else is irrelevant, to them, if the on pitch performances are good.   That is not an opionon I share but I believe it to be true.  Maybe I should have said this 2 days ago. 
    Now you've changed your opinion again.

You are now saying most people who go to Charlton care MORE about the results than anything else.

That is hardly a surprise.   

I'd think that would apply at just about every club, everywhere.  It applies to me.

That almost anything else is irrelevant to most fans is not true, in my opinion. 

A lot of people care about who the manager is, the image of the club, the style of football that is played, where it is played, what kit we wear, who the players are, what the club does in the community, internationals who play for the club, former players, the history of the club, ticket prices, away followings, the academy and youth teams,  I could go on and on.  Each person will care more or less about each of these as each person is different.

Some even care about who the owners are and the governance, especially when things are going badly, less so when it's going well but many care about these things because they realise that ownership impacts on the results.

You're are right, though, you should just have said that two days ago.
    I haven't changed my opinion, I changed MAJORITY to MOST.  You left out the bit where I said if performances are good everything else is irrelevant.  That doesn't doesn't apply to me, or you. 

But generally we are now arguing over syntax so I think we should leave it there. 
    No, you changed from don't care about anything other than results to care more about results. Huge difference. 
    I said

"I stand by MY opionon that most people who go to Charlton games care more about the results on the pitch than anything else.  Almost anything else is irrelevant, to them, if the on pitch performances are good."

Huge difference 
  • Options
    wise cafc43 - quit before you have a hairsplitting tediostomy performed on you - we (apologies, i should say i, and i should think most on here...) know what you mean / meant and would agree that results are by far and away the main thing that people care about and if results are right, it tends to mean the other things don't get looked at too much by the 'majority' / most. However unlikely, if we were to go on a run that saw us promoted, having spent within our means, it would be very hard to argue that the club wasn't being well run. As has been said, the huge increase in season ticket sales is based purely on performance on the pitch 
  • Options
    Er... where are these minutes?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pico said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

As I understand the "reps" are representatives from diffrent "fan groups" who willingly voluntary their time and effort to attend these meetings.  If that's not correct can someone correct me?

Are you trusted to represent your members best interests or do you ask questions on their behalf? Or a bit of both? 

I ask these question both out of curiosity but also to those that say the meetings are a waste of time, they should be boycotted etc, do you have a rep and have you told them you don't wish them to attend? 

Anyone care to answer? 

CAST (Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust) attends the FF. We represent 1100 members. 

I
    We survey members on a number of different matters twice a year to ensure that we are in touch with their thinking.  (Non members also respond to our survey and there is usually very little difference in their response)

Our last survey revealed that 93% of respondents thought it was important that we continued to engage with the club by attending the FF. 

So your membership is about 10% of the season tickets the club claim to have sold and less than 3% of the people at Wembley?

I am not "digging out" anyone for anything, I am just questioning the data gathering. 

Isn't it an echo chamber?  As an example Charlton life is a good cross section of fans, but it isn't representative of the whole fan base.  It's representative of the most engaged fans, not the more passive ones.

If you can be arsed to log on to a forum, read comments and then post yourself, you obviously have an opinion.  How many people don't do the first, do the first and not the second, the second not the third etc
    You might equally ask why the people who only turned up at Wembley should have any say at all. Or whether the people who are "only interested in the football", whatever that means, even want a say.
    It means the "majority" of fans that go to the game with friends and family on a Saturday. Maybe make a day of it.  They might check the score of an away game at about 6pm the following Saturday.  They don't go on the Internet/social media to talk about Charlton or football in general.

All they care about the performance on the pitch, they couldn't give a flying hoot who the ceo, cfo, dof or uncle Tom cobbly is. 
    And you know this how?

Did you do a survey?

Because it's the same as any other hobby.  There are many levels of involvement.  You know this as I would imagine you have other, non Charlton related hobbies? 

This is an internet forum about a hobby, in essence.  We are invested in this hobby to the extent that we sign up to a forum to discuss, stroll through pages of drival on the take over thread.  Some of us are members of groups that meet up and discuss the goings on, some of us organise said groups, some of us don't.

Some of us would, or have, choose Charlton over partners.  To others its not the most important thing in their life, maybe not even there main hobby. 

But the point I am making is this tiny subsection of fans isn't a reflection of the majority of fans only the more engaged and fanatical.  That's why it is an echo chamber. 
    No, that wasn't the point you were making at all.  You never mentioned any "levels of involvement" just a mythical 6 o'clock majority.

You've now moved to another point which essentially a forum with 20k+ members is "tiny" and isn't a reflection of the "majority of fans". Again you claim to know how this "majority" thinks with absolutely nothing to back that up.

If YOU have an opinion, own it and express it.  Don't claim that YOUR opinion is shared with others without evidence or the reverse that others' opinions are invalid as they aren't held by a made up "majority".
    If you read my posts on other threeds you will will see that I care about the way the club is run. I said the protests should never have stopped.  I am saying MY opinions AREN'T shared by the the majority.

I am saying I AM overly involved on an emotional level.   If MY opinion was shared by the majority there would have still been protests.   

Not protesting and not caring beyond the "results on the pitch" are not the same thing or mutually exclusive
    Sorry the first time, I think, I used the word majority was when Airman questioned what "only care about the football" ment. 

I stand by MY opionon that most people who go to Charlton games care more about the results on the pitch than anything else.  Almost anything else is irrelevant, to them, if the on pitch performances are good.   That is not an opionon I share but I believe it to be true.  Maybe I should have said this 2 days ago. 

You are now saying most people who go to Charlton care MORE about the results than anything else.

I'd think that would apply at just about every club, everywhere.  It applies to me.

That almost anything else is irrelevant to most fans is not true, in my opinion. 

A lot of people care about who the manager is, the image of the club, the style of football that is played, where it is played, what kit we wear, who the players are, what the club does in the community, internationals who play for the club, former players, the history of the club, ticket prices, away followings, the academy and youth teams,  I could go on and on.  Each person will care more or less about each of these as each person is different.

Some even care about who the owners are and the governance, especially when things are going badly, less so when it's going well but many care about these things because they realise that ownership impacts on the results.

I haven't changed my opinion, I changed MAJORITY to MOST.  You left out the bit where I said if performances are good everything else is irrelevant.  That doesn't doesn't apply to me, or you. 

But generally we are now arguing over syntax so I think we should leave it there. 
    No, you changed from don't care about anything other than results to care more about results. Huge difference. 
    I said

"I stand by MY opionon that most people who go to Charlton games care more about the results on the pitch than anything else.  Almost anything else is irrelevant, to them, if the on pitch performances are good."

Huge difference 
    No, that's what you're saying NOW.

it's not what you were saying originally

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pico said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Anyone care to answer? 

I

And you know this how?

Did you do a survey?

I said

Huge difference 
    No, that's what you're saying NOW.

it's not what you were saying originally

If your referring to

"All they care about the performance on the pitch, they couldn't give a flying hoot who the ceo, cfo, dof or uncle Tom cobbly is"

I stand by that, the only reason they ever care is when the team aren't performing and need someone to blame.   I didn't know who the CFO was until it was announced he was leaving.  If you don't agree that's fine. For the final time:

MOST FANS DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE IF THE PERFORMANCE ON THE PITCH IS EXEPTABLE. 

I am not one of "most" but my opinion stands. 
  • Options
    No minutes then?
  • Options
    Difficult to read on a phone but a lot of fluff in LDT's responses.
  • Options
    Either that or he doesn't know the answers. 
  • Options
    Is it just me or is one of those ‘answers’ not an answer to one of the questions?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:
    Is it just me or is one of those ‘answers’ not an answer to one of the questions?

No mate it's not you here's my concurrent post on the Takeover thread;

Reads to me as if LDT has just cut and pasted a lawyers opinion on the debentures which more often than not will cover all bases without there being a totally clear position on the repayment terms. And it's likely these will only be finally agreed upon when the contingent liability becomes due. 

At least he has admitted the rat didn't have a clue as to their significance when he bought the club.   
  • Options
    "It would be very hard to argue the club wasn't being well run" 

Meanwhile: 

• Options
    If anybody is interested in attending the next fans forum note the following information.

The next Fans' Forum takes place at The Valley on September 25th. The Fans' Forum would like to invite two inidividual supporters, who don't normally attend, to come to the meeting. If you would like to attend please email fans@cafc.co.uk.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d1e1ba8e608c/fans-forum-notes-june-2019
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    clive said:
    If anybody is interested in attending the next fans forum note the following information.

The next Fans' Forum takes place at The Valley on September 25th. The Fans' Forum would like to invite two inidividual supporters, who don't normally attend, to come to the meeting. If you would like to attend please email fans@cafc.co.uk.
    I vote for @Airman Brown and @northlondonaddick

That'll do the trick.
  • Options
    So why no Fans forum meetings in July and August ??
  • Options
    clive said:

I vote for @Airman Brown and @northlondonaddick

That'll do the trick.
    I’ll go if Roland does. 
  • Options
    Sounds gibberish
  • Options
    All the bickering is just tedious.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    So why no Fans forum meetings in July and August ??
    School holidays and we don’t want children with time on their hands squabbling about nothing on this site.🤦‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    like us adults being childish you mean :)
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sage said:

My screen scrolling through this thread on my phone.

Seems more 50 shades of grey than people debating about who said what. 
    I get that alot too,thought it was just me...🙄
  • Options
    Thanks @Blucher

Good points, well made.

Again shows that while frustrating the answers were worth getting, even if just to show the stupidity of RD and the incompetence of De Turck.

Well done the Fans' Forum
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    clive said:

Does this now override the statement that was put out here? https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d13da51e7567/update-from-last-nights-fans-forum
     ‘A takeover specific Fans’ Forum will take place ahead of the start of the season should the club not be sold by then.’ 
    *cue the web page disappearing as soon as this gets seen by someone at the club*
  • Options
    clive said:

Does this now override the statement that was put out here? https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d13da51e7567/update-from-last-nights-fans-forum
     ‘A takeover specific Fans’ Forum will take place ahead of the start of the season should the club not be sold by then.’ 
    *cue the web page disappearing as soon as this gets seen by someone at the club*
    Exactly. 
  • Options
    Can I ask the Bromley representative to put forward my idea of free train travel please?