Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - new dates announced for 2021 (p11) - first is 16th Sept

Comments

• Options
    razil said:
    razil said:
    That particular line is nonsense and helpful to no man or beast lets face it, which I pointed out to them.. and doesn't seem like a thing LdT would write let alone TR to me
    But you signed it off......which means the fans forum agree with it. 

Well done.
    only in the sense that it is true that statement was delivered to the FF

So no not at all Golfie..
    Ok. Sorry. Got the wrong end if the stick. 
  • Options
    If all they do is repeat Rolands weird logic and BS, is it not now time to call it a day with the Fans Forum. Release an open statement listing the reasons and leave it at that as, all it seems to do is build up a bit of excitement in a lot of people, only to dash it all the following day.
  • Options
    Lickspittle despises us, as far as I can tell so does Duchatelet, Murray, Rubashow, Keohane, and Ravi...and some others, yet they want us to buy season tickets.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    razil said:
    That particular line is nonsense and helpful to no man or beast lets face it, which I pointed out to them.. and doesn't seem like a thing LdT would write let alone TR to me
    But you signed it off......which means the fans forum agree with it. 

Well done.
    But it was said. 

Would you prefer they said "don't include that in the minutes, we don't agree"?!

Then we'd be none the wiser to the craziness.
    My point was: is this necessary to include as its just a rehash of a previous statement, aside from being 'unhelpful' and doing down the club which we want sold, we do have some influence if only minor on what comes out of the Forum, although in this case not it seems..
  • Options
    Any statement from those who attended?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    There’s never been anything to stop the FF members meeting without the club and/or putting out their own statement - for example about how disrespectful it is to them as volunteers for the club to send two relatively junior managers who clearly can have nothing useful to say on the key issue.

The FF forum could ask where Murray has been for the last 18 months, given that he remains a director, and why he is never available. It could offer a level of challenge outside the meeting as well as inside it. Don’t really see what’s to lose.
    And surely the two put forward last night aren't good enough for the EFL fan engagement quota? 
  • Options
    All this can't do his business reputation any good, if his associate / customers are keeping track of things. 

He's clearly a liability and I reckon something in his head must've changed from the person who made £millions to the person he is now. Remember though, that the Belgians and Dutch are a breed apart from your average Brit 
    Sorry but that is almost as crass as the £1k loss per ST. I am sure that where the average Belgian football fan, journalist, or businessman looks at the antics of the Oystons, Ashley, the Bury bloke;  or all the other English cretins whose greed foisted the FAPL on us in the first place- Dein, Sugar, Bates, etc, - they will say "breed apart? Thank **** for that". The vast majority of Belgians are as contemptuous of RD as we are, and the last thing that will help us is petty xenophobia. Oh and try telling a group of Dutch and Belgians that they are the same breed. Especially if you do that in Liege. 
    Keep your pants on mate, I never said we were better, just that we're a breed apart. As bad as Oysten etc are, they wouldn't come out with the "£1000 loss a season ticket" line. In my lived experience, which you can't question, this type of logic is typical of mainly Dutch, but also a lot other Europeans, and also in my lived experience, they're happy to point out the traits, good but mostly bad, in us Brits too.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    It has gone far beyond a joke now.

Can anyone actually tell me what value we as fans are getting from these meetings?

As far as I can see, those that are attending are being used in a similar way to Jim White on talksport.
    Difference being JW really couldn't give a shit. I'm pretty sure those that are attending these meetings do.
  • Options
    "Lieven de Turck, who is representing the club in takeover talks, was unable to attend last night’s meeting as he is busy with negotiations to sell the club".

Absolute bollocks. Are we seriously expected to believe that he was soooo busy selling the club last night that he couldn't spare a couple of hours to attend a meeting on a date that was planned 2-3 weeks in advance. What an absolute farce.
    Probably. I will forgive him his absence if the club is sold by Monday evening.
  • Options
    Season ticket holders should offer not to go for their money back and £500. Saving the club £500 each! The crap about what is deterring a sale is clearly Roland's usual. The reason the club has not been sold is that he wants too much money for it. We shouldn't be bothering with even trying to get updates from the club on this as if we haven't worked out they are bollocks by now we never will. 
  • Options
    "Lieven de Turck, who is representing the club in takeover talks, was unable to attend last night’s meeting as he is busy with negotiations to sell the club".

Absolute bollocks. Are we seriously expected to believe that he was soooo busy selling the club last night that he couldn't spare a couple of hours to attend a meeting on a date that was planned 2-3 weeks in advance. What an absolute farce.
    Did Boris turn up? 
  • Options
    To suggest Lickspittle was, is, or has been or will be negotiating any sale or takeover is a fine example of the club ( including those club employees who perpetuate the lie) showing contempt for the fans.
    Lickspittle has intimated previously that he merely follows instructions, negotiation implies creativity flexibility and wriggle room, licence to think on your feet, a degree of autonomy if you like...autonomy that Lickspittle has told fans he doesn't have.

• Options
    There could be something brewing the fact LDT could not attend.

But it probably should have been postponed again tbf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still not sure whether season ticket holders are too blame or the receptionists?
  • Options
    razil said:
    Yes but those two are endorsing the helmet's relentless drivel aren't they, and looking you in the eye when they do it?
    You must have the patience of all the saints plus the hide of a rhino to repeatedly put up with being treated this way.
    We're grateful that you do, I for one certainly couldn't keep swallowing the humiliation.
  • Options
    OK.
    I accept that you think that Ravi does not despise the supporters based on you having more knowledge than me.