Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - new dates announced for 2021 (p11) - first is 16th Sept

Comments

• Options
    Quick summary of the meeting if you please. I’m about to call it a night. 
  • Options
    Close?

Close is a lingerie shop with no windows. 

Just sell the fecking club already!!!!!!
  • Options
    Well tell him to get his skates on, it’s nearly 11pm and we’ve 500+ online
    Bloody hell

Even admin are doing fish puns now.

Impressive, two in one quote "Skate" and "On line"
  • Options
    If all the club would put up after rearranging the meeting was Rubbershoes and Ravi then they are genuinely taking the piece. 
    Mind your language. This is a family forum.
  • Options
    razil said:
    Minutes won’t be tonight, only statement
    So should I keep waiting or go to bed?
  • Options
    Valium, baby!
  • Options
    What’s the statement  “The Helmet likes his new nickname” 
  • Options
    Go on the dodge asked the right questions and was not afraid to ask them out loud Shane old 🐍y wasn’t there to answer for himself but atleast  he knows we all see it 
  • Options
    I do appreciate how frustrating this can be for those not in attendance. At the same time I feel bound by the rules set out in the meeting.

Surprised nothing went out last night as I ‘signed off’ as one of last nights volunteers on the brief statement, but there were others involved and there may have been difficulties for some reason. I don’t think we need to hold the front page though..

There were questions from fans to the absent LdT although how quickly we get responses is unclear. Personally if a sale is near and he’s focussed on that then that’s fine with me if it gets us a new owner.

As for the normal minutes these could take a while I’m told due to other demands of this time of year. Bearing that in mind  I will say one thing that we’ve currently sold just under ten thousand season tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So let me get this right, it was a fans forum and they sent Rubbershoes along?

Absolute jokers.
  • Options
    Sounds like same old, absolutely pointless
  • Options
    razil said:
    I do appreciate how frustrating this can be for those not in attendance. At the same time I feel bound by the rules set out in the meeting.

Surprised nothing went out last night as I ‘signed off’ as one of last nights volunteers on the brief statement, but there were others involved and there may have been difficulties for some reason. I don’t think we need to hold the front page though..

There were questions from fans to the absent LdT although how quickly we get responses is unclear. Personally if a sale is near and he’s focussed on that then that’s fine with me if it gets us a new owner.

As for the normal minutes these could take a while I’m told due to other demands of this time of year. Bearing that in mind  I will say one thing that we’ve currently sold just under ten thousand season tickets.
    I can tell you how quickly we will get a response from LDT, never. What I want to know is who was unavailable a few weeks ago when it was cancelled, Rubbershoes or Ravi? 
  • Options
    I got the impression it was a similar situation by they didn’t want to cancel/ delay again. We know LdT is focussed on the sale he’s said that many times.
  • Options
    So when’s the next one booked in for?
  • Options
    I need to know if AFKA got the extra seat he wanted.

The rest can wait until the takeover on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    And the one after.
    An Ff meeting with Lvt isn't just for Christmas it's for life  ;)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    J BLOCK said:
    And it’s apparently very close
    Closer than close
    closer than you can imagine, close
    Closer than if Glenn Close said to Brian Close "do you fancy getting close?"
    While walking through Barney Close on a very humid day
  • Options
    Is it closer or nearer, hither or nigh,
    Or is it I fear, just pie in the sky.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    July 1st

(2020)

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    LDT’s diary is pretty empty at the moment so waiting for something to turn up and then he can double book and complete the hatrick of swerves 
  • Options
    Who were the club representatives? 
  • Options
    Who were the club representatives? 
    The receptionist and the smiley girl who is normally number 4 on tickets sales west stand.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d13da51e7567/update-from-last-nights-fans-forum

Last night's meeting was attended by members of the Fans' Forum, the club's Head of Communications Tom Rubashow and Commercial Manager Ravi Patel. The below notes were produced by the club and approved by fan representatives following the meeting.

Lieven de Turck, who is representing the club in takeover talks, was unable to attend last night’s meeting as he is busy with negotiations to sell the club, the below update, from him, was given at the meeting.

The three parties that have been mentioned previously are all still in negotiations with LDT to buy the club.

Selling the club remains LDT’s main priority as the owner is looking to get out of football. He recently sold AD Alcorcon in Spain which is the third football club he has sold in recent years.

The large costs around owning a Championship football club are a barrier for sale. The average Championship club loses around £15m a year which is not sustainable, each season ticket holder costs the clubs approximately £1,000.

A takeover specific Fans’ Forum will take place ahead of the start of the season should the club not be sold by then.

Fans asked questions to be put to LDT which he will respond to. The below questions were asked:

• Is Charlton a more sellable club now it is in the Championship?

• It has been previously said the former directors loans are not an issue, now it appears they are an issue. Has this changed? If so, why?

• Are the Australians borrowing against the asset of the club as part of their takeover bid?

• It was previously stated the price of the club would not change with promotion? Has this now changed?

• Is Richard Murray in favour of the Australian consortium?

Full notes from the rest of the Fans’ Forum meeting will be available in due course. 

• Options
    WSS said:
    So it seems that the people buying season tickets ARE better than the boycotters...

"each season ticket holder costs the clubs approximately £1,000."
    Or worse. If no one bought a season ticket the Club would lose a lot less money.
  • Options
    As I said earlier, waste of time.