Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - new dates announced for 2021 (p11) - first is 16th Sept

Comments

• Options
    Could one of the attending reps raise a point / question for me please?

My family have season tickets in East Stand Block H. Off the back of last week, a lapsed season ticket holder has tried to get a season ticket in the seat next to us. 

Despite multiple phone calls with the club (where staff have consulted with manager), he’s been told he can’t buy it, as they want to give it away instead as a free ticket for the Trust to use. 

He doesn't want to sit on his own at football, so that’s one lapsed and hundreds of pounds  they’ve just ‘lost’. As a parent with two young kids, potentially more if he had got back into it and started bringing them (likely).

i appreciate the club want to give tickets to the Trust and accept the benefits attached to that. But it’s ridiculous to turn away paying fans in preference to that.

Givng a whole block of 500 in one of the main stands allocated to non-paying is impacting when there are already two blocks (A+B) closed off, It means nearly a third of the Stand is unavailable for fans to purchase. Why can’t the 500 be split between the East, West and NWQ?

If the club refuse to sell season tickets in preference of freebies then that is a ridiculous policy as you risk upsetting / losing an existing fan looking to give the club money in the hope of potentially picking up a new one in years to come.

If the club can’t because the block is locked out on the computer then that is equally ridiculous as how do you track and log who is coming, and how do they release those seats for game like Doncaster? 

Grateful if someone could raise this with the club please. Thanks in advance
    Can't you all just change your seats one seat along to accommodate the other person?

Not ideal, I realise.
    Not sure you understand Elf.

the seats next to us are free, as are those behind and those in front. My friend wants to purchase one of them but the club have said no because they don’t want to sell any new season tickets in that area. They want to keep them free for the Trust to dish out as freebies. 

Other existing season tickets holders have the same problem. Friends want to buy seats next to them but they can’t. The club is rejecting money from fans so they can use 500 seats in one stand for potential freebies.

is that explained a bit clearer?

I'd probably ask to move, you're going to be surrounded by non charlton supporting fans in the main.

Basically they are blocking off Block H - except if you have already bought a ticket there........
  • Options

My family have season tickets in East Stand Block H. Off the back of last week, a lapsed season ticket holder has tried to get a season ticket in the seat next to us. 

Despite multiple phone calls with the club (where staff have consulted with manager), he’s been told he can’t buy it, as they want to give it away instead as a free ticket for the Trust to use. 

He doesn't want to sit on his own at football, so that’s one lapsed and hundreds of pounds  they’ve just ‘lost’. As a parent with two young kids, potentially more if he had got back into it and started bringing them (likely).

i appreciate the club want to give tickets to the Trust and accept the benefits attached to that. But it’s ridiculous to turn away paying fans in preference to that.

Givng a whole block of 500 in one of the main stands allocated to non-paying is impacting when there are already two blocks (A+B) closed off, It means nearly a third of the Stand is unavailable for fans to purchase. Why can’t the 500 be split between the East, West and NWQ?

If the club refuse to sell season tickets in preference of freebies then that is a ridiculous policy as you risk upsetting / losing an existing fan looking to give the club money in the hope of potentially picking up a new one in years to come.

If the club can’t because the block is locked out on the computer then that is equally ridiculous as how do you track and log who is coming, and how do they release those seats for game like Doncaster? 

Can't you all just change your seats one seat along to accommodate the other person?

Not ideal, I realise.

the seats next to us are free, as are those behind and those in front. My friend wants to purchase one of them but the club have said no because they don’t want to sell any new season tickets in that area. They want to keep them free for the Trust to dish out as freebies. 

Other existing season tickets holders have the same problem. Friends want to buy seats next to them but they can’t. The club is rejecting money from fans so they can use 500 seats in one stand for potential freebies.

I understand now, thanks for making it clearer.
  • Options
    I agree it's madness to turn down paying customers, hopefully the FF will raise and common sense will prevail. 
  • Options
    I assume these seats are for the community trust, not the supporters trust.
  • Options
    I assume these seats are for the community trust, not the supporters trust.
    Correct!
  • Options
    I had not spotted this thread until a few minutes ago and have earlier emailed the club asking what is happening about the meeting scheduled for tomorrow. Normally we would have been asked for agenda items by now.  It does not look as if it will take place.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Not ideal, I realise.

I'd probably ask to move, you're going to be surrounded by non charlton supporting fans in the main.

Basically they are blocking off Block H - except if you have already bought a ticket there........
    Don’t really want to make this personal on an open forum, but there are a number of reasons we don’t want to move from seats our family have sat in for years.

I’ve no problem them using the area to dish out freebies (though as said earlier, I think 500 in a prime area is excessive and could easily be shared between E, W and NWQ), it just seems poor form to not sell tickets there to actual fans as well.

They could easily compromise and do both. There would still be adequate space for Trust usage and at the same time allow fans to sit with existing ST holders in the area. They are turning down potential ST holders and guaranteed income with it. Having people phone up wanting to spend hundreds of pounds to sit in the seat next to their friends and being told no you can’t just makes no business sense. 
    We need an anti-Trust trust for fans that want to support the team not the regime...
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Not ideal, I realise.

Don’t really want to make this personal on an open forum, but there are a number of reasons we don’t want to move from seats our family have sat in for years.

I’ve no problem them using the area to dish out freebies (though as said earlier, I think 500 in a prime area is excessive and could easily be shared between E, W and NWQ), it just seems poor form to not sell tickets there to actual fans as well.

They could easily compromise and do both. There would still be adequate space for Trust usage and at the same time allow fans to sit with existing ST holders in the area. They are turning down potential ST holders and guaranteed income with it. Having people phone up wanting to spend hundreds of pounds to sit in the seat next to their friends and being told no you can’t just makes no business sense. 
    We need an anti-Trust trust for fans that want to support the team not the regime...
    Perhaps you should set one up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GM is back in Oz, a point worth bearing in mind if LdT mentions that talks are continuing. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    GM is back in Oz, a point worth bearing in mind if LdT mentions that talks are continuing. 
    I assume they have phones in Oz.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Makes no sense why they wouldn’t just have the Trust free tickets in the blocks they have closed off recently. That way no supporters are impacted and everyone is free to buy tickets and season tickets in seats they normally would be able to per the last couple of seasons.

The club have some great people working for it and doing a fantastic job but sometimes whoever makes these kinds of decisions really show a lack of brain cell. 
    It's a total lack of business sense to offer freebies in a prime spot. Probably a decision made with third division football in mind. Despite the ownership I'd guess it's likely that there will be an increased demand for STs next season so the club should both bensupportive of fans and make a bigger profit at the same time. Win-win.

But without proper decision making personnel such as a ceo and a cfo it could well be lose-lose!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Not ideal, I realise.

Perhaps you should set one up?
    Good idea, give me your account details and I’ll take your subscription. You can member number one
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    I assume they have phones in Oz.
    The major negotiations must have been done ages ago, so it’s just down to to Roland to say yay or nay: so yes, phones will do. 
    But you’d think things could have been concluded while they were over here, and the fact that they weren’t is not a good sign, phones or no phones. Every day counts. 
  • Options
    I agree that the decision to take 500 freebie seats for the Trust in this one area is wrong. The consequent decision not to allow fans to buy these comes with the mindset that says "they will just have to renew elsewhere." Evidence shows our current season ticket holders renew come what may so why would they care?
  • Options
    just to prevent confusion and allow sanity to prevail can we generally use the terms CACT or CAST please, admins of this site should surely know better..

:smile:
  • Options
    postponed due to takeover, signing so many players, staff availability, new date is 26th June
  • Options
    Lack
    of
    interest
  • Options
    Not surprised. More lies. Club hope to be sold by 30th June rubbish. So the day before it is due to take place it is cancelled. So could they have not delated it weeks or days ago. Anything to avoid the flak. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Its happening.......!!!

PS. I had come on here to ask someone to ask LDT what RD's vision was for the new season seeing as he isn't likely to sell anytime soon. ie, budgets etc.. 

• Options
    I am in the process of raising the comp ticket issue now however - please can the date above changed? Ta 
  • Options

Not ideal, I realise.

What do you mean by this
  • Options
    The FF will be happening tonight
  • Options
    No sale then 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    No sale then 
    We thought the last one being called meant the sale was close - look where we are.

We need to crack it right up on LDT tonight, get some real answers and question his previous statements.
  • Options
    :o don't worry, Golfie is going to gatecrash it, he'll get the answers we need