Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad List - 30th May

Comments

• Options
    I imagine we'll be looking for loans and out of contract players - should be able to assemble a squad with a fighting chance of staying up.
  • Options
    Zyro chance of that happening
    Zyro, if he had 100% fitness but as we saw in his short time with us he wasn't match fit despite having a couple of good cameos.
  • Options
    Zyro chance of that happening
    Zyro, if he had 100% fitness but as we saw in his short time with us he wasn't match fit despite having a couple of good cameos.
    Whilst maybe not fit, Zyro didn't look like a player willing to give 100% as Bowyer demands.
    He looked a bit lazy to me and I don't think Bowyer would be interested.
    Plus like Curbs & Powell did, I think we'll be looking at lower league players wanting to increase their wages and find a bit of "relative" football success. Not players on their way down or cheap because they are injury prone.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I understand Millwall have released Ben Amos. Would have him back in a flash.
    Ben Amos was only on loan at Millwall, which expired at the end of the season.

But I do believe his Bolton contract is due to expire - so no doubt released from relegated Bolton,
    if that's what you mean?

It wasn't Oggy, I thought he had gone there permanently. Been a bad move for him and would be great to see him competing with Phillips next season.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

But I do believe his Bolton contract is due to expire - so no doubt released from relegated Bolton,
    if that's what you mean?

It wasn't Oggy, I thought he had gone there permanently. Been a bad move for him and would be great to see him competing with Phillips next season.
    When Amos was at Charlton on loan, I read somewhere that he was 'thought' to be earning around £16k pw, one of the reasons why hard up Bolton sent him out on loan each year.

Compared to his year at Charlton, he had a poor season at Millwall - and perhaps his stock has fallen.  I can't really see him being offered £16k pw anywhere - unless he ends up at a lower Prem club as one of their back up keepers.

He certainly won't get anywhere near that if he signed for Charlton.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

if that's what you mean?

When Amos was at Charlton on loan, I read somewhere that he was 'thought' to be earning around £16k pw, one of the reasons why hard up Bolton sent him out on loan each year.

Compared to his year at Charlton, he had a poor season at Millwall - and perhaps his stock has fallen.  I can't really see him being offered £16k pw anywhere - unless he ends up at a lower Prem club as one of their back up keepers.

He certainly won't get anywhere near that if he signed for Charlton.

If he’s been on 16k/w for three years and invested wisely, he doesn’t need to worry about getting the same again. However, I guess it can be difficult accepting a big pay cut to “only”, say, £5k/w. 
  • Options
    Sounds utterly insane knowing Roland as we all do, but I can’t help but wonder if anyone connected with him or in fact himself has stopped and thought, we are one division away from making an absolute killing financially, the team and fans are currently on the biggest high of his tenure, fuck it let’s knock out as much as we can out within financial fair play rules on transfers and wages this summer and go for it, he’s gonna die rich anyway right?!  Where’s the risk and reward backbone from the senile old scrotum!
  • Options
    @BR7_addick

You have answered your own question 😳

He is senile....
  • Options
    Sounds utterly insane knowing Roland as we all do, but I can’t help but wonder if anyone connected with him or in fact himself has stopped and thought, we are one division away from making an absolute killing financially, the team and fans are currently on the biggest high of his tenure, fuck it let’s knock out as much as we can out within financial fair play rules on transfers and wages this summer and go for it, he’s gonna die rich anyway right?!  Where’s the risk and reward backbone from the senile old scrotum!
    Because he hates us with a passion 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    {Huh?}
  • Options
    Within the FFP rules he can only put in about 15-20 million this season.  Even if he would do it, that doesn't anywhere near guarantee promotion.  If it was your money and you had no emotional attachment would you? 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    LenGlover said:
    Bowyer's own contract is still not sorted which I think will negatively affect these players' willingness to stay. 

When Curbs decided to leave he still had one year left on his contract yet Murray didn't want him to see it out and Murray's reason (according to Curbs) was that they wouldn't be able to sign players who knew the manager would be leaving in a year's time. It doesn't seem a problem at all now? I reckon if asked about his own future by the players Bowyer would say he would stay but that certainly wouldn't be 100% guaranteed? It's nice that the club has offered these four players new contracts but we must sign Bowyer up ASAP - he probably has been offered a new deal too. I just wonder how is he going to persuade Aribo or Bauer to stay when he himself isn't certain to stay?

(I think JFC will sign though, unless he's offered an unacceptable cont
  • Options
    See this is where I think we go collectively go off beam with everything. If he hated us with a passion he would sell every asset, seek to  close the club down or let the club operate on the most minuscule budget possible. Instead he provides millions each year to make it viable (with no guarantee he’ll eventually get that back) and we operated last season with a budget twice the divisional average. 

Thats not someone who who hates us with a passion. A terrible useless owner, yes. But I don’t buy these operating with intentional malice insinuations tbh
    Yeah I think i'd agree with you there. He doesn't like the fanbase but i'm not sure he is doing anything to be spiteful, it seems to me it's all about the money. He doesn't want to spend a penny and doesn't understand football. I'm sure he does hate the fans, but i don't think that would factor to into shitty decisions he makes.
  • Options
    See this is where I think we go collectively go off beam with everything. If he hated us with a passion he would sell every asset, seek to  close the club down or let the club operate on the most minuscule budget possible. Instead he provides millions each year to make it viable (with no guarantee he’ll eventually get that back) and we operated last season with a budget twice the divisional average. 

Thats not someone who who hates us with a passion. A terrible useless owner, yes. But I don’t buy these operating with intentional malice insinuations tbh
    Yeah I think i'd agree with you there. He doesn't like the fanbase but i'm not sure he is doing anything to be spiteful, it seems to me it's all about the money. He doesn't want to spend a penny and doesn't understand football. I'm sure he does hate the fans, but i don't think that would factor to into shitty decisions he makes.
    To be fair, the club is still losing money so he is providing money. It might be in the form of a loan, but it's still cash out of his bank account. 

The weird thing about Roland is that rather than cutting his losses and selling for a sensible price, he is instead incurring losses he will never get back while waiting for a higher price. Getting HIS price is an ego thing for him, as other than that he has no interest in the club, and will instead let the club plod along in a totally short term manner
  • Options

I agree with you entirely, AFKA.  Duchatelet has never been malicious, vindictive or spiteful towards the fans or club.  Of course he has made huge mistakes, but the personal abuse dished out on this forum is merely vulgar and crass.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I'm pleased I'm not the only person who can speak out with common sense. Yes, he's a very peculiar unfathomable individual, who has run our club in a most stupid and disrespectful manner. We all want a better owner, but now he has finished his foolish experiment, he is running the club in a more reasonable manner than he was. What we need if not a better new owner, is a good CEO that knows what they are doing. I've never prescribed to anyone would be a better owner, because there are far too many villains wanting to buy football clubs as opposed to incompetents. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I'm pleased I'm not the only person who can speak out with common sense. Yes, he's a very peculiar unfathomable individual, who has run our club in a most stupid and disrespectful manner. We all want a better owner, but now he has finished his foolish experiment, he is running the club in a reasonable manner. What we need if not a better new owner, is a good CEO that knows what they are doing. I've never prescribed to anyone would be a better owner, because there are far too many villains wanting to buy football clubs as opposed to incompetents. 
    I have to disagree that he is running the club in a reasonable manner. 
    If he was Bowyer and Jackson would have been offered realistic contracts and we would not be in a position where half the team is out of contract. 
    Also he would have replaced Grant with a proper replacement in January. 
    I still said and think he is incompetent & at this point it relates to the fact that he should have appointed a competent CEO.

What I meant by more reasonable, is that it is no longer a circus with a merry go round of inappropriate managers and players. 

He is running the club with 2% of his time, plus LDT part time, who knows little about football.

In terms of players it's not half the team out of contract that is the issue. It's Aribo and possibly  Bauer as well. Although Bauer said a year ago, he understandably wanted to play in The Championship and would not sign a new contract.

I didn't want Reeco, Reeves, Ajose, Vetokele et al to be offered new deals. But yes he should have allowed us a better option than Parker. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm pleased I'm not the only person who can speak out with common sense. Yes, he's a very peculiar unfathomable individual, who has run our club in a most stupid and disrespectful manner. We all want a better owner, but now he has finished his foolish experiment, he is running the club in a reasonable manner. What we need if not a better new owner, is a good CEO that knows what they are doing. I've never prescribed to anyone would be a better owner, because there are far too many villains wanting to buy football clubs as opposed to incompetents. 
    I have to disagree that he is running the club in a reasonable manner. 
    If he was Bowyer and Jackson would have been offered realistic contracts and we would not be in a position where half the team is out of contract. 
    Also he would have replaced Grant with a proper replacement in January. 
    Well, we can only 'hope' something positive is manifesting behind the scenes .... and Bowyer already knows and is patient because of this.

Of course, pigs may fly.

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    he is running the club in a reasonable manner.  

Sorry Steve, I think you mean 'reasonable for Roland' not reasonable as in the majority of football clubs. 

He is still operating with no CFO, no CEO and no interest, thats not normal
    Agreed. Perhaps I should have said more reasonable than previously. 
  • Options

Have been saying this for ages. People think it's personal and that he has a vendetta against the fans. Nonsense. Sure, he doesn't care about us and after some of the japes played on him and all the marvellous work from CARD and others he certainly has no love for us. But, he is a business man (obviously not a very good one when it comes to running a football club) so - like him- let's keep things on an impersonal basis.
  • Options
    He simply has to "win" - that is the issue. He won't sell unless he can walk away believing he was right all along. It's why he wants his money back.
  • Options
    He is not running this club in a reasonable manner. He hasn’t from the moment he stepped in. The only reason we are in the position we are in (i.e Championship) is due to the work Bowyed, Jacko and Gallen have done. Putting together a team... something we can be proud of on the pitch. 

He has not invested money into this club and he has not invested time into this club. 

The money our academy has generated in recent years:
    £3.5m for Gomez
    £11m for Lookman
    2.5m for Konsa
    £1m for Grant
    Money for Sarmiento

That has not been invested into the squad whatsoever and other than the training ground, it doesn’t look like it’s been invested into the club. 

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Ok, as I said maybe reasonable was too strong. I meant more reasonable than the previous circus he was running 3 years ago. Nearly reasonable ?
    He's ballsed most things up, but he has invested £65M, even if it is an interest bearing loan that he wants back.
  • Options
    @AFKABartram is totally correct.  I actually worry about the mental health of some posters. 

The "club" doesn't have any money, none, ziltch.  It it was personal, why didn't we flog BFG, Aribo etc in the summer, why did we sign Taylor? Why keep bowyer knowing he was popular?

If it was personal we would still have a no body Belgium manager, a team of trash. 

Is Roland good for us, of course he isn't.  Is he intrested in the long term success of us, no he isn't. If you think he is deliberately trying to damage us, I suggest you look at Orients recent history.

Most importantly he isn't prepared to put in any more than he feels he has to, which is still A LOT more than the minimum and probably more than half the owners of the 72.  
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    The best you can say about Duchatelet is that he isn’t actively ballsing things up with quite the regularity We had got used to. But still no executive management at the club, a negligent approach to key contracts, no real understanding of football and the fan engagement/PR skills of a pissed off viper. Under his ownership we are only ever one decision and one step away from chaos. Like, for example, if he fails to secure Lee Bowyer on at least a two year contract. 
    I am not defending anyone here but people seem to have missed something. League 1 manager and players contracts are 90% of the time actually a liability, not an asset. 

Assume the Australians wanted to buy the club when Robinson was manager, they still want to buy it when Bowyer is manger.  They don't want to buy it because either was manager.  If I was going to chuck a load of money at a club, that I had no emotional attachment to, I would want to choose my own manager.

It's only been an issue since the club was "for sale". Slades original contract only ran out today ffs.