Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad List - 30th May

Comments

• Options
    17 games I meant to say 
  • Options
    Bet the wage bill has been slashed with Igor leaving?
  • Options
    Made clear Williams on Premiership wages. If a new deal can be put together we keep him.
    Aribo, Bauer, new deals but if they can get better deals it’s bye, bye.
    why no comment on Jacko and Bowyer.
    have Purrington back, cover for Page( when fit)
    why keep Fosu? 
    Marshall never really got going best games we’re dropping in at full back.
  • Options
    vff said:
    Every season a squad rebuild under Duchatelet 🤨 The only potential bonus is having Lee Bowyer, Johnnie Jackson & Steve Avery, who have proved so far very astute. 
    and they’ve not even signed up yet 
  • Options
    I thought Reeves would be ok as a squad player, but probably prefers first team at Oxford. 

Connor Washington is available.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    I thought Reeves would be ok as a squad player, but probably prefers first team at Oxford. 

Connor Washington is available.
    So is Densil 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    What's the formation if Taylor gets injured
    We’ll be fucked if we can’t even play the Karel Fraeye patented six-left-backs formation.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm astonished that Fosu has been reprieved.  Disappointed, though not surprised, to see Jonny Williams go: his attacking verve can transform an otherwise turgid midfield, as at Wembley.  And Reeves was improving: he has the deft ability to unpick defences.  At half-time in one game last season Bowyer told him to get forward to the box - or he'd be subbed.  Reeves scored.
  • Options
    Bowyer didn’t think Reeves had it , consequently he didn’t play in the play offs and that’s your lot.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    What was clear from the moment we signed Williams, we were not paying most of his salary. Bowyer is giving him a chance to get more money than we can offer him, but that is not guaranteed so It might mean we see him back. 

Fosu is interesting based on Bowyer's reluctance to play him. I think we know the issues were never around the lad's ability and the fact that he was at Wembley may mean there has been a reconciliation. If that is the case, and he has learned from this season, it may be a significantly positive development.

Reeves was probably a tough call. I think he is very decent League one and he won't be short of suitors in that league.

I would have thought Aribo's contract would have been thrashed out with him. That doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe we have offered the maximum we can.
  • Options
    17 games I meant to say 
    And he probably only started & finished half a dozen. 
  • Options
    I doubt Fosu would sign a contract so that we can get a fee. So that can't be a reason for offering one. Something else has happened here. It makes you think he will probably sign it!
  • Options
    I doubt Fosu would sign a contract so that we can get a fee. So that can't be a reason for offering one. Something else has happened here. It makes you think he will probably sign it!
    No, we get a development fee by offering the deal.
  • Options
    I wonder what percentage of Lifers read the preceeding posts? There are always people repeating the same questions, even though the answers have been given.

PS Why the hell has Fosu been offered a new contract but not Williams? 
    Is the answer because fosu is a better player?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Strange Fosu but not Williams. 
    Bow wants Williams but wages an issue 
    Apparently Williams was on close to 50k a week at Palace
    Absolute tosh - it was 15k
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What if he accepts it?
  • Options
    What if he accepts it?
    It's only £10K pa. 
  • Options
    Here's how it looks after the news on the OS:

First Team Squad
    Goalkeepers 
    Dillon Philips 2021

Right Backs
    Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020
    Centre Backs
    Patrick Bauer 2019 - offered new contract
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020

Left Backs
    Lewis Page 2020

Central Midfielders 
    Joe Aribo 2019 - offered new contract
    Jake Forster-Caskey 2019  - offered new contract
    Darren Pratley 2020
    George Lapslie 2021
    Albie Morgan Contract length not known

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers 

Tariqe Fosu 2019 - offered new contract

Strikers
    Lyle Taylor 2020
    U23 Development Squad
    Goalkeepers
    Ashley Maynard-Brewer 2020
    Joseph Osaghae Contract length not known - promoted from u18s
    Right Backs
    Centre Backs

Kenneth Yao 2020
    Dan Birch Contract length not known
    Toby Stevenson 2020 (estimated)
    Luca Vega Contract length not known - signed from Ipswich
    Sam Keefe Contract length not known - promoted from u18s
    Left Backs
    Jordan Zemura Contract length not known

Central Midfielders
    Taylor Maloney 2020
    Ben Dempsey Contract length not known
    Alfie Doughty Contract length not known
    Armando Quitirna Junior Contract length not known
    Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu 2021
    Jay Mingi Contract length not known - signed from West Ham
    James Vennings  Contract length not known - promoted from u18s
    Strikers

Wilberforce Ocran Contract length not known
    Abraham Odoh - signed from Tooting & Mitcham following loan
    Wassim Aouacheria 2020
    Kareem Isiaka Contract length not known - promoted from u18s

Johl Powell Contract length not known - promoted from u18s (anyone know his position?)
  • Options
    Strange Fosu but not Williams. 
    Apparently they re-signed Fosu so that they can sell him?
    Williams wages are very high. If no-one comes in for him they can offer him a deal on lower wages. 
  • Options
    Where is the young striker we had that apparently Man City was after a year ago????
  • Options
    fog horn said:
    Where is the young striker we had that apparently Man City was after a year ago????
    Sarmiento (sp?) went to Benfica (I think).
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    If we're aiming for a minimum of two players per position and stick with Bowyer's 4-4-2 diamond and 5-3-2/3-5-2 formations then I'd say we're after:
    1. A goalkeeper to compete with Phillips
    2. Bauer or a new first choice right sided centre back
    3. Bielik back on loan or another right sided centre back
    4. A first choice left back given Page's injury record
    5. A midfielder to replace Cullen
    6. Aribo or a new central midfielder
    7. Williams or a new attacking midfielder
    8. Another attacking midfielder to replace Fosu (assuming he leaves)
    9. An alternative for Lyle
    10. A first choice pacey striker to replace Grant/Igor
    11. A squad player to compete with the other three strikers
    So that's 8 signings or 11 if Bauer, Aribo and Fosu leave. That'll probably include a few versatile players like we had with Bielik, who covered centre back but mainly played in midfield. I expect Forster-Caskey will stay after being out for so long.

If Roland's still here no doubt there will be a few gaps and some of the u23s will need to step up. For anyone that watches them do we have players pushing for the first team next season?
    That sounds about right. You can argue that JFC is effectively a Cullen replacement, seeing that he was out all season and Cullen was probably brought in to replace him in the team. 

It's attacking positions where we look most empty at the moment, with just the one striker, and no pacy attacking midfielders either.