Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad List - 30th May

Comments

• Options
    el-pietro said:
    Regarding Development fees: As long as the player is 23 or under and the club offers a contract that matches or betters the deal they had the prior season, and it is offered in writing roughly 50 working days before the end of the season (I'm not sure on this time frame to be honest but I know there is a deadline and it has to be in writing) then Charlton will be enetiled to a development fee if he signs for another club.

The amount will depend on where he ends up, and prior clubs will be entitled to a portion of the total.
    You wouldn't have thought the fee would be very much though. I assume when we signed him from Reading, this was also for a development fee.
  • Options
    Looking back on four promotions from the third tier (1975,1981, 2012, 2019) this is the only one where I've felt that rather than some reasonable incremental improvements in the squad, it might all collapse into disaster very quickly.
  • Options
    I feel we have got right back covered
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

... providing the Three Amigos stay, I believe the football side of things is in safe hands.

So do I, but not because their staying will in itself make everything alright. You can have as much camaraderie as you like, and run through brick walls and 10 or 11 miles every game, plus enjoy the best-quality coaching in your division, but if you have not got sufficient players of ability you will get relegated. We would not get far with a team of Josh Parkers and Mark Marshalls, however well coached and motivated.

The reason I agree with your statement is that The Three Amigos will not stay unless they feel assured that they will get adequate financial backing for player purchases and wages, whether from RD or new owners.

As soon as I read they have all signed I will know there has either been a change of heart from the heartless one, or that new owners are incoming. The Three Amigos are all too intelligent and sought-after to sign otherwise.
  • Options
    We were incredibly unlucky with injuries this year, notwithstanding the lack of general cover. Contrast with CP promotion, most of XI started week in, week out. Is Sparrows Lane pitch an issue? But how many sides suffer a shoulder dislocation in a season? Two in a match is unbelievable.
  • Options
    Ajose?! Was he still with us? 
  • Options
    Realistically at the moment we have to look at Millwall. Not spent much, but have stayed up for 2 seasons, which shows what can be done
  • Options
    Bubble said:
    God help us 

YES! We're all going to die!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SexyDave said:
    Ajose?! Was he still with us? 
    Yes, contracted to end of June.  Was on loan to Mansfield, where he misfired, then was injured.  Now on holiday in New York with his Charlton chums.
  • Options
    We want L B to sign new contract first 👍
    This. What player other than journeyman needing any club, or those stepping up a league, would want to sign on dotted line not knowing who is in the squad and who the manager will.be next week. As for attracting players, I think we can only attract them if we pay the same or more than competition. We love us but players are just AT WORK if I got offered £5k a year more I wouldn't move jobs. If a Championship player gets offered £500,000 a year more, well that's worth considering whoever the club is.money talks unless it is a great club with really good set up. For Charlton to attract the quality we are seeking, Taylor and others need to be on long term deals and Bowyer and Jacko at least three years rolling contract. Like a player the management can and will get poached, so sign them up you twit Roland!!!!

• Options
    I’m hoping that the outs/ stayings that have already occurred indicate that LB knows he is staying and may already have signed - it’s just not been announced. As ever, we live in hope.
  • Options
    If Bowyer leaves then I'll worry....
  • Options
    Great news and assume its true  - aribo next, then cullen and bielek return in late summer, we add 3 or 4 players of real quality and wollop - watch out championship - until any one of those 4 announce they wont be here next year, i'm assuming they will all be back. Of course bielek and cullen are going to try and get into a premiership squad but whether it happens is another matter and we must be the obvious plan b for them
  • Options
    Just saw this on Twitter:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ibrox-exclusive-defender-to-snub-rangers-and-stay-in-england-as-agreement-close/

Defender Patrick Bauer is set snub interest from a number of clubs including Rangers to sign a bumper new deal at Charlton Athletic, Football Insider can reveal.

What is the credibility of this Football Insider? I know nothing about it.
    Can't be true on the basis of that phrase alone - unless of course the intention is to sell him come January.
  • Options
    Disgrace Bauer wasn’t offered any sort of deal earlier in the year. If we manage to sign him up even despite that, it’s because he loves being at the club and the fans he knows here.

German Addicks 👏👏👏
    Bauer said last close season he would not be signing a new deal, because he wanted to play in the Championship.
    I'm not sure whether we offered him a deal knowing he would turn it down, but it it would have appeared to be somewhat pointless.
  • Options
    Disgrace Bauer wasn’t offered any sort of deal earlier in the year. If we manage to sign him up even despite that, it’s because he loves being at the club and the fans he knows here.

German Addicks 👏👏👏
    Bauer said last close season he would not be signing a new deal, because he wanted to play in the Championship.
    I'm not sure whether we offered him a deal knowing he would turn it down, but it it would have appeared to be somewhat pointless.
    With a few high earners leaving, hopefully we have offered Pat and Joe considerably improved deals .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope this is true about Bauer. I bumped into Tony Mowbray on holiday the other day and he was happy to tell me that he was speaking with him/his representatives about a move to Blackburn - he seemed confident. This was before it was made public that he was offered a new contract though.
  • Options
    I guess Bauer made his feelings known at the start of the season because he wanted to play in the Championship and with him being in the last year ot his contract was expected to be sold rather than to be lost on a free

Thankfully for once Roland didnt take the bluff and so kept him, happily now Bauer has the dilemma of whether to stay where he's settled or take a risk and move now - For that reason I imagine we wouldnt have seen that statement had we been promoted via the Play-Offs last season instead
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I hope this is true about Bauer. I bumped into Tony Mowbray on holiday the other day and he was happy to tell me that he was speaking with him/his representatives about a move to Blackburn - he seemed confident. This was before it was made public that he was offered a new contract though.
    I hope you told him that players like Bauer should be rejecting clubs like Blackburn.

The guy is a cock.

edit - Tony Mowbray, not @ReturningAddick
  • Options
    I guess Bauer made his feelings known at the start of the season because he wanted to play in the Championship and with him being in the last year ot his contract was expected to be sold rather than to be lost on a free

Thankfully for once Roland didnt take the bluff and so kept him, happily now Bauer has the dilemma of whether to stay where he's settled or take a risk and move now - For that reason I imagine we wouldnt have seen that statement had we been promoted via the Play-Offs last season instead
    I heard slightly differently that Bauer wanted to stay and no one approached him to discuss his position at the club at all. Until now.

Now you can argue that we could not afford him in league one but to not talk to him at all is an absolute disgrace. 
  • Options

I heard slightly differently that Bauer wanted to stay and no one approached him to discuss his position at the club at all. Until now.

Now you can argue that we could not afford him in league one but to not talk to him at all is an absolute disgrace. 
    I know from the German Addicks that this is correct.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I hope you told him that players like Bauer should be rejecting clubs like Blackburn.

The guy is a cock.

edit - Tony Mowbray, not @ReturningAddick
    Thanks for the clarification @SporadicAddick :smile:
  • Options
    Mowbray was at the first leg at Donny, walked past him on the way into the ground. 
  • Options
    Luca Vega from Ipswich is a centre half. 
    Charles Clayden from Orient is a striker. 
    Nathan Harness from Stevenage is a keeper. 

All signed for the U23s. 
  • Options
    Luca Vega from Ipswich is a centre half. 
    Charles Clayden from Orient is a striker. 
    Nathan Harness from Stevenage is a keeper. 

All signed for the U23s. 
    If they’re good enough, they’re old enough.