Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad List - 30th May

Comments

• Options
    Strange Fosu but not Williams. 
    Perhaps Karel Fraye prefers Fosu....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Strange Fosu but not Williams. 
    Perhaps Karel Fraye prefers Fosu....
    Bring back the flags!
  • Options
    Bowyer didn’t think Reeves had it , consequently he didn’t play in the play offs and that’s your lot.
    He was injured for the semi-final.

Think we'll regret that. Think he would be a good squad player. I imagine he was on decent wages given he signed on a free. But I think he's a very decent player, the likes of which are hard to come by. 
  • Options
    I doubt Fosu would sign a contract so that we can get a fee. So that can't be a reason for offering one. Something else has happened here. It makes you think he will probably sign it!
    No, we get a development fee by offering the deal.
    But we paid Reading a development fee for him, does that mean we can still get one? Is two years at a club enough to qualify for one? I genuinely can't remember. 
  • Options
    Pleased for Odoh. Hope he gets his chance.  
  • Options
    I'm happy to get shot of them to be honest. Reeves, Wiliams & Igor aren't capable of playing more than 3 games without getting injured. 
  • Options
    Unless we have new owners in place by the end of June we will have a weaker squad starting the Championship than we had finishing League 1.
    We just can't replace Cullen and Bielik.
    Does anyone on CL really believe Joe Aribo will stay, as he will get an offer from a Southampton or even the Bundesliga.
    BFG will be 50/50 as he was on a championship wage anyway.
    JFC will sign because he has hardly played this season because of his ACL injury.
    Fosu is a strange situation but it's already been explained why he's been offered a deal.
    Lewis Page is the new Rhoys Wiggins and can't see why we can't match Rotherham's wages for Ben Purrington.

We need two new strikers of championship standard, they don't come cheap. 

Lee, JJ and SG need to be sorted this week.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Unless we have new owners in place by the end of June we will have a weaker squad starting the Championship than we had finishing League 1.
    Does anyone on CL really believe Joe Aribo will stay, as he will get an offer from a Southampton or even the Bundesliga.
    JFC will sign because he has hardly played this season because of his ACL injury.
    Fosu is a strange situation but it's already been explained why he's been offered a deal.
    Lewis Page is the new Rhoys Wiggins and can't see why we can't match Rotherham's wages for Ben Purrington.

I agree with everything you say above @soapboxsam

The only thing that matters now is that RD sells the club and it’s got to be sooner rather than later.

• Options
    Bowyer's own contract is still not sorted which I think will negatively affect these players' willingness to stay. 

When Curbs decided to leave he still had one year left on his contract yet Murray didn't want him to see it out and Murray's reason (according to Curbs) was that they wouldn't be able to sign players who knew the manager would be leaving in a year's time. It doesn't seem a problem at all now? I reckon if asked about his own future by the players Bowyer would say he would stay but that certainly wouldn't be 100% guaranteed? It's nice that the club has offered these four players new contracts but we must sign Bowyer up ASAP - he probably has been offered a new deal too. I just wonder how is he going to persuade Aribo or Bauer to stay when he himself isn't certain to stay?

(I think JFC will sign though, unless he's offered an unacceptable contract.)
    Spot on @JessieAddick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm happy to get shot of them to be honest. Reeves, Wiliams & Igor aren't capable of playing more than 3 games without getting injured. 
    A bit harsh on Williams........but agree with the other 2

• Options
    A bit harsh on Williams........but agree with the other 2

I wonder if Williams played 3 full consecutive games for us? 
  • Options

Lee, JJ and SG need to be sorted this week

Well, seeing as Purrington has another year left at Rotherham I feel it will be more than matching his wages.....like actually meeting a figure that they will want for him. 
  • Options
    10 players and at least four of them with a history of injury or simply not good enough to hold down a place in a Championship team namely Solly, Page, Pratley and Foster-Caskey
  • Options
    I doubt Fosu would sign a contract so that we can get a fee. So that can't be a reason for offering one. Something else has happened here. It makes you think he will probably sign it!
    Do you know this for a fact, Ben? I thought they had to have been with us before the age of 18. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Do you know this for a fact, Ben? I thought they had to have been with us before the age of 18. 

According to the SLP we do.

Seems odd to risk him saying "yes" to get a small fee but this is Roland logic

• Options
    edited May 2019
    wmcf123 said:

It worked with Harriott a few years ago, and the other way with Fosu.
  • Options
    this as much as they are great 

williams - you cannot get 90 mins out of and cannot have your highest paid player coming on as a sub every now and then. palace were paying some of his wages and we was topping up the rest, the decision will be his although its likely to be a massive pay cut - so cannot see him staying

reeves - very good at times again injured a lot 

igor - same as above 

next season i already feel will be a survival/mid table mission its one thing this season when you are winning week in week out, but what we do not need is passengers that are constantly in the treatment room, 3 maybe slightly older experienced players in on loans or frees ( which there is a lot of qaulity out there ) would see us better suited imo
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Perhaps it's a moderate contract and if he signs he could yet be a useful squad member. 

Or perhaps they know that say Oxford are mad keen on him and are willing to pay a fee. 
  • Options

Need to more than match Purrington's wages, as he has another year left on his Rotherham contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Ferryman said:

Need to more than match Purrington's wages, as he has another year left on his Rotherham contract.
    You and Golfie are correct about a transfer fee But if we can't or won't pay a modest fee for a League 1 full back then we will emulate Rotherham by not only being promoted after two playoffs in a row but relegation if we end up with a weaker team in the Championship than we finished in League 1. 
    When the unlucky Lewis Page gets his next injury in September, the thought of Solly playing LB in the higher division is scary.

• Options
    I would imagine it won't take Bowyer long to get on the blower to Arsenal asking if they have any other talents they want us to hone!
  • Options
    Will be reliant on loans next season.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:
    Fair enough- I’d trust Cawley’s research . 

I like Fosu and I think LB can improve him
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:
    Fair enough- I’d trust Cawley’s research . 

I like Fosu and I think LB can improve him
    The fact that when Bowyer took over as manager, Fosu was our main player and now just over a year later he couldn't make the 18 man squad informs me that Lee doesn't believe he can improve him or even get him to play at the standard of 18 months ago.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:

.......... and prior clubs will be entitled to a portion of the total.
    I didn't know that about Development fees. Logical though.