Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams (pg. 10 - signed??)

Comments

• Options
    Otzumer and Johnny are different players and I wouldn't start both. Nevertheless, I'd like to sign both.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Sage said:
    I firmly believe Jonny will be signing a contract by the end of the week. This isn't inside knowledge, just an educated statement/guess.

Now they're all back from Spain and we have just less than 4 weeks until the start of the season, I think we are going to see a lot more movement.

Clubs in the Premier League are also back properly this week now too so everything is a lot more accessible. It filters down the leagues.
    Looking at our squad right now, that is a very worrying statement.
    Yes it is worrying with 4 weeks to go. However i think we could have some surprises in the next few weeks..players mentioned here and others that nobody were touting. 
  • Options
    I still believe if he'd have come on against Doncaster at their place the score would've stayed 2-0 as he draws so many fouls which kills the pace of the game and keeps the ball nearer the opposition's goal.
  • Options
    Let's face it if we're offering him one year, he'd have to sign elsewhere..... if he has another champ contract on the table.  If he signs for us on a much lower wage, his agent should negotiate a buy out clause whereby part of the fee is paid to Jonny.  It's reasonable to pay what you can afford, but it's also reasonable Jonny should profit from any profit Roland makes.

Whatever happens I'd love to see Jonny on a two year contract.  He makes things happen, and when I've seen him ties down the opposition full back and midfielder.
  • Options
    No club will give Williams a contract longer then a year with his injury record. 
  • Options
    Otzumer and Johnny are different players and I wouldn't start both. Nevertheless, I'd like to sign both.
    We can start both as one player with one sitting on the other's shoulders and a long shirt. Sorted!
  • Options
    I think the fact that Bowyer keeps saying that he sees Aneke as a No.10 means there is no way we are gonna sign both Williams & Oztumer
  • Options
    I think the fact that Bowyer keeps saying that he sees Aneke as a No.10 means there is no way we are gonna sign both Williams & Oztumer
    Williams would prefer to play in the two behind the 10.
  • Options
    A three year deal for someone with his injury record?

A one year deal with an option for another year if he plays 30 games
    Haven't you been following?  Everybody must sign at least a 3 year contract, except the players that do sign them.  Can you imagine how many people would be moaning about Marshall taking up wages if he had signed for 3, not 2, years?  Or if Nabby has signed for 4 and walked with BFG? 

A 1 year contract that automatically renews after 30 games a season.  Would be sensible from both sides.   So that's the last thing I expect to happen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which is the 10 position based on Bowyer’s interview.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I meant the two central midfielders behind the number 10.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    no, that's the 10 behind the front 2 - CEL is suggesting one of the midfielders behind the 10 - the way we are going we will be playing our number 10 as a sweeper soon 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Williams wants to be a regular CM not a CAM not a CDM. 
  • Options
    Thanks Douche and Dazz.
  • Options
    Fair enough. Was that in an interview as I haven’t seen that?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    Fair enough. Was that in an interview as I haven’t seen that?
    It is what he told me a number of times when speaking to him. Has always preferred playing CM rather than CAM.
  • Options
    Fair enough, his lack of goals would suggest he would be a better CM than CAM I suppose
  • Options
    That'd give us space for another dwarf in the side at CAM... Oztumer
  • Options
    Aneke better end up wearing the number 10 after all this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont think JW will be here come the opening game of the season. He will get a better deal elsewhere. He is doing a Ben Reeves & will sign for someone last knockings....although he is at least keeping himself fit & doing a pre-season unlike Reeves. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Aneke better end up wearing the number 10 after all this. 
    He did in the abandoned friendly in Spain, I believe.  :wink:

• Options
    When do you think a decision will be announced about Johnnys future, with or without us?
  • Options
    When do you think a decision will be announced about Johnnys future, with or without us?
    Probably at the end of the transfer window. Suspect he’ll wait to assess all of his options, sort of like Reeves did
  • Options
    July 8th today.

In exactly 1 month we'll know if Jonny Williams has signed for Charlton. Or not. 

• Options
    Does the championship transfer deadline also apply to free agents, or could Johnny potentially keep his options open a bit longer?
  • Options
    Does the championship transfer deadline also apply to free agents, or could Johnny potentially keep his options open a bit longer?
    I think free agents can sign, but I'm not sure they can play.

Didn't Cox have that problem when he left Orient to go to Southend?
  • Options

As long as they are free agents prior to the end of the window they can. 
  • Options

I think he was released a day after the window closed (in an act of disgraceful spitefulness)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    buckshee said:
    No idea if it can be uploaded but I’ve linked it here. 

https://vimeo.com/346590467

I'm amazed the players knew all the words they were singing ...... brilliant!

:smile:

Except they seem to be singing “Olé olé olé” - isn’t it supposed to be “Allez allez allez”?
     :) 
    And they stopped at the second verse. We can't complain, we want them focusing on the game rather than the lyrics :)
    I wonder how many of them actually know who Sam Batram and Jimmy Seed are
    Or what the word Addicks means?
    I remember telling Nicky Bailey one day the reason why, together with a potted history of how, where and when we were formed......rather disappointingly he looked at me with a blank stare and seemed not the slightest bit interested.
    He was our Captain at the time!
    Some players really get ingrained in the club from head to toe, others just see it as a job. Most players are in the latter camp, but you do need a few players who really know the club as well

The likes of Powell and Jacko for example, or several member of the Curbs teams in the 90s. Elsewhere Troy Deeney has that type of iconic role within Watford, much larger than just his direct goalscoring contributions

Too early to put him in the same category, but Lyle Taylor is definitely someone who's more than just a player.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!