Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonny Williams (pg. 10 - signed??)

Comments

• that and whilst he's a good player (a very good player)....is he a £50k a week player ?!?!
    He has never been on £50K a week.
  • edited July 2019
    Even before the climax to the season I had a couple of chats with Johnny Williams once in the car park after a match and once when sitting at the back of the west stand during a match when he was injured. 
    JW said he had got his love back for football and he was pleasantly surprised how well the Cafc fans had treated him considering his long palace connection.

The sad Truth is JW records tells you we can't offer too much because he will probably miss half the games BUT anyone at Wembley knows that when he came on  he gave Charlton back the momentum.
    Stats might tell you he didn't have much impact, I believe what I see with my own eyes and JW if fit can be a good member of our 18, even if from the bench.

Agree. He reminds me of John Robinson, particularly in his Play Off Final cameo. All action, looks headless chicken then beats his man with a driving run. 

He’s a top bloke too and I know he feels like CAFC could be home. Fingers crossed. 
  • I hope we get him but there’s not a hope in Hell. Any other club in the championship can offer him a whole lot more money than we can and when it comes to the end of the transfer window and teams are getting desperate to sign players he’s bound to get a decent offer from more than one club then it’s bye bye Jonny I’m afraid. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone who didn’t think the two subs made changed the course of the game are mad 

the sub by Sunderland to bring on their last hope meant they went from being in the game seemingly using the ball well and not rushing but slowly trying to get down the sides to shooting from 20-30 yards and ridiculous angles 

we went from huffing and puffing down the middle and everything coming through cullen to having a total outlet who scared the crap out of them every time he got the ball 

in one 15-20 min appearance Johnny turned the game into our favour and showed his real skills something we had only seen in very short bursts in the weeks before 

he went from flattering to deceive to being a real player for cafc  
    Agree. His cameo gave us a glimpse of what he could be if he can stay fit.
    Could be massive for us this year where huffing and puffing only gets you so far. 
  • once met him about 4 years ago at a kids football tournament in Kent where a mate of his had a kid playing ( he’s a local Kent lad ) came across as a really genuine nice guy, not up his own arse like a lot of footballers...spoke to all the kids and encouraged them all.. after the end of last season really hope we can keep him
  • Agree, he definitely made an impact before the final. He didn’t have goals and assists to show for it, so there were question marks over what he offered. He had done enough though for us to know he was the single player we could bring on to give us a different attacking threat.
  • Scoham said:
    Agree, he definitely made an impact before the final. He didn’t have goals and assists to show for it, so there were question marks over what he offered. He had done enough though for us to know he was the single player we could bring on to give us a different attacking threat.
    As in the final, he won us a lot of free kicks.

With our record of scoring from dead balls, and with the return of JFC, it could be worth 5-10 goals next season.
  • I hope we get him but there’s not a hope in Hell. Any other club in the championship can offer him a whole lot more money than we can and when it comes to the end of the transfer window and teams are getting desperate to sign players he’s bound to get a decent offer from more than one club then it’s bye bye Jonny I’m afraid. 
    I'd agree, but I don't think Jonny is motivated by money.

Otherwise, he would have stayed at Sunderland.
  • Anyone who didn’t think the two subs made changed the course of the game are mad 

the sub by Sunderland to bring on their last hope meant they went from being in the game seemingly using the ball well and not rushing but slowly trying to get down the sides to shooting from 20-30 yards and ridiculous angles 

we went from huffing and puffing down the middle and everything coming through cullen to having a total outlet who scared the crap out of them every time he got the ball 

in one 15-20 min appearance Johnny turned the game into our favour and showed his real skills something we had only seen in very short bursts in the weeks before 

he went from flattering to deceive to being a real player for cafc  
    He pulled them to bits on his debut too!
    I'd agree, but I don't think Jonny is motivated by money.

Otherwise, he would have stayed at Sunderland.
    I hope your right but a footballer ( or his agent) not motivated by money is very rare thing .
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he is a rare breed of footballer one who is now more interested in being welcome and not moving around clubs anymore 
    I'm not sure he's that unusual, it's more that he's had a frustrating career due to injuries and endless loan spells. Most players in that situation want to find a permanent club and a bit of stability.
  • Scoham said:
    Agree, he definitely made an impact before the final. He didn’t have goals and assists to show for it, so there were question marks over what he offered. He had done enough though for us to know he was the single player we could bring on to give us a different attacking threat.
    Often he didn't have the goals or assists to show for his efforts because our strikers yes including Taylor fluffed at least two chances I can still recall instantly. Had those two and others gone in then the assists column looks better than zero.

Stats don't often tell you the full picture as we've all no doubt made Driesen aware of.
  • For what it is worth, twenty years ago I was offered a job which would have more than doubled my annual salary. However, it meant moving to the midlands, and with three children under the age of 12, I declined the offer. I have never regretted that decision.
    Also you did your kids a great favour ?

They don't sound like a young Jasper Carrot now !
  • DOUCHER said:
    I think he will stay and i reckon that's why the otzumer thing has gone quiet. If he doesn't come through pre season unscathed though that may change. With aribo gone he will be even more important as a midfield ball carrier who can get ahead of the strikers / break the lines.
    Still think we should sign both. Williams won't be fit for the whole season and may lose form, would be good to have Oztumer competing. Appreciate finances may not allow this though. 
  • With Williams it's not that we don't want him or are unsure of his fitness, it's purely a financial issue. We can't offer Jonny what he currently is hoping for, but if nobody else comes forward he would presumably he happy to take our lower offer. If (ha ha) the takeover happens quickly, we'd be able to offer him more money and I'm sure he'd sign straight away

Slightly different circumstances, but similar to Ben Reeves 2 years ago who kept us waiting all summer before signing. A major difference though is that Reeves as a result didn't have a proper pre season, which massively affected him.
  • You are so right, soapboxsam.
  • Anyone with insta look at his story.

Great video of the boys singing Every Saturday we follow 

Any way of posting this for those of us without instagram?

Any way of posting this for those of us without instagram?
    Not sure if you can, because its on his story only people who follow him see it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!