Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams (pg. 10 - signed??)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Williams no doubt keeping his options open. Hope he signs but only time will tell.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    buckshee said:
    No idea if it can be uploaded but I’ve linked it here. 

https://vimeo.com/346590467

I'm amazed the players knew all the words they were singing ...... brilliant!

:smile:

Except they seem to be singing “Olé olé olé” - isn’t it supposed to be “Allez allez allez”?
     :) 
    And they stopped at the second verse. We can't complain, we want them focusing on the game rather than the lyrics :)
    I wonder how many of them actually know who Sam Batram and Jimmy Seed are
    Or what the word Addicks means?
    I remember telling Nicky Bailey one day the reason why, together with a potted history of how, where and when we were formed......rather disappointingly he looked at me with a blank stare and seemed not the slightest bit interested.
    He was our Captain at the time!
    Some players really get ingrained in the club from head to toe, others just see it as a job. Most players are in the latter camp, but you do need a few players who really know the club as well

The likes of Powell and Jacko for example, or several member of the Curbs teams in the 90s. Elsewhere Troy Deeney has that type of iconic role within Watford, much larger than just his direct goalscoring contributions

Too early to put him in the same category, but Lyle Taylor is definitely someone who's more than just a player.
    Not forgetting any home grown players of course like Dillon Phillips who's been at the club since he was in short pants.
  • Options
    He would have been told hang tight for the takeover in which bowyer would hope he’d have enough in the bank to make him a proper offer. Until then, train and wait. Unfortunately no takeover will materialise and he’ll be off. 
  • Options
    if he wants to stay locally as in london who else would sign him 

fulham - would not start expect them to romp it this year, mitrovic signing is a big striker 
    brentford ?
    qpr - no better than us 
    millwall - worse than us and we will finish above them this season harris signings show he is not going to change the way he plays and the fear of the den isnt enough to get them results anymore 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    IMHO. Jonny obviously wants to play for us, I guess he is still waiting for a sensible contract offer from us.
    My not in the know guess is both sides probably believe there is no need to rush. My view is one or both sides might move on and miss out on the opportunity to get even more out of Jonny Williams being a charlton player
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Redhenry said:
    IMHO. Jonny obviously wants to play for us, I guess he is still waiting for a sensible contract offer from us.
    I'm sure he knows what we are able to pay him. He's seems to be hoping for more money elsewhere, but only at the right club for his personal happiness. I suspect that he'll find it difficult to meet both requirements...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I'm sure he knows what we are able to pay him. He's seems to be hoping for more money elsewhere, but only at the right club for his personal happiness. I suspect that he'll find it difficult to meet most requirements...
    I'm not sure he does, Reeves was kept waiting for an improved offer before he eventually signed. Reeves missed pre-season with us due to the negotiations at the time. I think this could be the same for Williams, although he has done pre-season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really hope he signs, but keep thinking that a deal should have been done by now.....
  • Options
    1. He is not getting paid right now, so whatever we pay is infinitely better than the £0 he is currently earning. 

2. What if it is Williams OR Oztumer?
  • Options
    I think most clubs won't offer great wages for him given his injury record.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Don’t forget his agent will be on a percentage. 

Will want highest money deal. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Just checked my calculator and it seems the agent’s percentage of £0 is...
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Just checked my calculator and it seems the agent’s percentage of £0 is...
    The agent will get his cut of any deal that is signed. He won’t play anywhere for nothing. 
  • Options
    I've just been told he signed a contract with us this morning
    Great news if true. 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #WIOTOS
  • Options
    someone put it up on Facebook earlier today but no source quoted.  Hope it's not just snowballing from some prepubescent twunt who now thinks he's a hero
  • Options
    Heard the same. Photo with Bowyer by the badge.
    yep - same as I was told
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    someone put it up on Facebook earlier today but no source quoted.  Hope it's not just snowballing from some prepubescent twunt who now thinks he's a hero
    No, reliable source
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Swisdom said:
    I'm not on FB and I believe my source (he wouldn't have read it on FB)
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    No, reliable source
    Is that 'No, it was a reliable source' or 'No, there is no reliable source'
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    What we need here is some sort of acronym.

Something that suggests we should only believe the veracity claim such as this once it is transmitted by our media team and it is placed in a suitable location on the world wide web.  I wonder if such an acronym exists

@Henry Irving can you assist?

PS - Chuffed if we have got him
  • Options
    Swisdom said at 1:53pm:
    Swisdom said:
    What we need here is some sort of acronym.

Something that suggests we should only believe the veracity claim such as this once it is transmitted by our media team and it is placed in a suitable location on the world wide web.  I wonder if such an acronym exists

@Henry Irving can you assist?

PS - Chuffed if we have got him
    Dazzler21 said at 1:47pm:
    #WIOTOS

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!