Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch invasion

Comments

• Options
    Finally; they couldn't stop the F block!

Beautiful scenes.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    1st ever pitch invasion that included a fan in an electric wheelchair.

Well played Sir.
    He reversed in to me and almost ran me over  :D
    Good lad.

Fiver I owe him.
  • Options

This is the best video of it I have seen so proud to have been part of that 
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Did anyone get a photo of the guy in the electric wheelchair who made it onto the pitch before most able bodied invaders? Gave me the biggest smile of the night. He was absolutely buzzing. Good on him!
    I think he's a professional photographer, I've seen at the side of the pitch taking photos during games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pure unadulterated joy and scenes I've never winessed before! I was in the very back row of the east stand, but was on the pitch sbout 15 seconds after the last pen. Have never moved so fast! Brilliant brilliant atmosphere :-)
  • Options
    It was a game that pulled your emotions apart to a point that many, actually most, of us may have accepted the inevitability of defeat. It is true, we haven't won anything yet but sometimes you are kicked in the privates so hard and so often that when something good finally happens, there is an outpouring of joy and elation. I think that is what we saw on Friday.

Whatever happens from here, Bowyer and all the lads deserve our gratitude.
  • Options
    The passion of the support on Friday night, including the pitch invasion, can only be a good thing in regards to potential buyers watching, if any exist / existed in the first place. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a message from a 70 something Addick I met last week, and watched the first leg in the bar with. He was on the pitch having a ball too... You are never too old! :D  
  • Options
    The passion of the support on Friday night, including the pitch invasion, can only be a good thing in regards to potential buyers watching, if any exist / existed in the first place. 
    It showed the potential is more than they might have thought. But Roland would have to lower the price to something reasonable all the same. We will all have a sense of what a reasonable price should be and nobody would be thinking anything near what Roland seems to be wanting.

If he doesn't sell us, we can hope that he identifies the best way to sell us at a price that he wants. Certainly, if we miss out next week and lose half the team and management, a sale will never be further away. If we win, what happens immediately afterwards could determine whether we spend upcoming years looking upwards or downwards. So lets hope the joy of Friday was a prelude to happier times.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I was in the East and we stood for the whole game. I think this was my favourite ever game as a Charlton fan beating Spurs away in the third round of the cup in I think 84 or 85.   
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    I was in the East and we stood for the whole game. I think this was my favourite ever game as a Charlton fan beating Spurs away in the third round of the cup in I think 84 or 85.   
    And we lost the actual match!!
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    Didn’t we draw the game at WHL and lost the replay at The Valley?
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    Didn’t we draw the game at WHL and lost the replay at The Valley?
    Yep
  • Options
    Was at both, the WHL was a great occasion, a real treat for a 8 yo back then