Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch invasion

Comments

• Options
    I forgot to pack my parachute with the flask and blanket, so didn't make it on the pitch from the West Upper! Still, just relished watching and sharing so much joy and emotion.
  • Options
    Loved it. Made me realise what a fantastic pitch it is too (maybe a little cut up this morning though)

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    Typical Charlton to be annoyed that our pitch invasion may have been unfair to Doncaster. Who gives a F, nasty twunts got what they deserved. Marquis' tears at the end were pure poetry. 
    I don’t think you have any grasp on sportsmanship and being gracious in victory.

Nothing wrong with us celebrating on the pitch, but as a player you have to be big enough to shake their hands, wish them luck and let them share what was a very good performance with their fans. As a fan, applaud the fans who have traveled to see their team, and then get on with our celebrations. 

It all all really comes down to how big a man you are.
    Yes, if we had been the losing away team (say at Fratton Park) and the Pompey fans had swarmed on the pitch giving our players abuse, and preventing them from saying  goodbye to us (and for some it would have been goodbye) we would have been the first to complain.
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Loved it. Made me realise what a fantastic pitch it is too (maybe a little cut up this morning though)

Beautiful wasn’t it? Like an lush Astro carpet. 

Even Simon Church would have had a decent first touch on that 
  • Options
    My 8 year old nephew played on it this morning , he was buzzing for it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t get this we should’ve made noises about the senile old twat 

we are Charlton Athletic he is not 

that bloke didn't get a second thought in my mind until I was back home evaluating how big last night was and how much we need to win at Wembley 

last night was about the team our history but most of all 

the friends we have made following this great club 

life long friendships forged behind the badge of cafc 

to share those moments of pure elation and joy together on our pitch was all that mattered not two shit chalets and his shit mgmt team 

It was also about drinking The Oak dry as well. Don’t think I’ve ever been in a pub that ran out of all beer.
  • Options
    Still trying to link it all together, one second I was in the north lower anxiously waiting for the deciding pen to be missed next minute I was on the pitch, it was a pure spontaneous reaction, I was row N I think I might of even flew over the rows in front of me.

• Options
    I don’t get this we should’ve made noises about the senile old twat 

we are Charlton Athletic he is not 

that bloke didn't get a second thought in my mind until I was back home evaluating how big last night was and how much we need to win at Wembley 

last night was about the team our history but most of all 

the friends we have made following this great club 

life long friendships forged behind the badge of cafc 

to share those moments of pure elation and joy together on our pitch was all that mattered not two shit chalets and his shit mgmt team 

It was also about drinking The Oak dry as well. Don’t think I’ve ever been in a pub that ran out of all beer.
    And getting on it from lunchtime 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Doncaster players reaped what they sowed at the end, no sympathy at all. Niggly, northern and chippy all night. 

As for the pitch invasion being premature, we were celebrating getting to Wembley not going up. Its not like we could do it next Sunday should we win. 

If not last night, when? 
    If not the Valley, where? 

It was a thing of beauty and I fell sorry for anyone who didnt feel the same outburst of uncontrollable emotion as those on the pitch and those rejoicing in the stands. 
    Will be a few banning orders next season once identified 
    About 10,000
    That's ok ?

That was their first game since our last premier game.
  • Options
    Still trying to link it all together, one second I was in the north lower anxiously waiting for the deciding pen to be missed next minute I was on the pitch, it was a pure spontaneous reaction, I was row N I think I might of even flew over the rows in front of me.

exact the same for me i don not recall thinking i am going on the pitch. It was just pure relief and excitement.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    James86 said:
    Made it on the pitch. Kissed Pratley, picked up Lapslie, but the best part was hugging Bowyer whilst he was singing Allez Allez Allez. Won’t forget last night in a hurry!
    Class that. 
  • Options
    CatJnr had already said ‘if Naby scores...’ so when that last one was missed he was off like a shot from our seats in West Upper down the stairs and back into the ground and on the pitch.  He said stewards made no attempt to stop him and 5 minutes later we’re waving and singing at each other on mobiles 20 yards apart.  Truly bizarre
  • Options
    Didn't make it down from the North Upper, although being up there gave me a great view of proceedings.....other than cutting down trees in 1989 the last time I was on the Valley pitch Colin Powell and co were still playing, maybe in another 30 years I'll make a comeback.
  • Options
    Here’s the scenes from the front of the upper west. Brilliant. I’d usually be in the old codger camp of “keep off and let the players come out to celebrate with us”camp. But last night was just pure unadulterated emotion coming out after all the years of hurt. Especially as most of us probably felt that we’d f*****d it up yet again. Like @AFKABartram I’d miscounted and it was only punters running on the pitch that made me realised we’d won. I’ll never forget the first twenty or so guys running on at speed thinking they were evading stewards only to end up on their arses cos the pitch is really slippy. Great scenes. If I’d had a parachute I’d have been on there too. 
  • Options
    Can’t seem to post a video. Still shots will have to do.